vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beldugo View Post
    Hahaha, damn that make me laugh.

Castro's career stats (1912 PA): .297/.336/.425 .330 wOBA 103 wRC+
    -11.9 UZR 9.1 WAR

Heyward's career stats (1730 PA): .261/.352/.447. .368 wOBA 118 wRC+
    34.3 UZR 13.7 WAR

Try again...
    One is a corner OFer and the other is a SS, but I won't argue this one too hard since all the conventional numbers and thoughts point to Heyward. I wouldn't trade Castro for Heyward if you paid me, but I guess you can argue that this list isn't looking forward but rather going by 2012.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    Starlin should be 7, but no issues with that top 6.

Trout vs. Harper should be interesting for years. I'm all in on Harper being the boss when it's all said and done.

The ARod comparisons are so hack. He's tall, American with Dominican roots, plays SS, and was drafted high...ARod!

Sick talent but no way he should be above Castro. I can't wait for the day Castro makes that leap from massively underrated to massively overrated because he would have earned every single inch of that. All anybody wants to focus on is the walks with that guy.
    Yeah we'll see how Machado's season at 20 years old compares to A-Rods

vCash
    I wonder how many people even notice this....

Derek Jeter put up a .370 OBP at 22 and 23 when the league was putting up a .345 OBP (.350 when he was 22).

Starlin Castro put up a .345 OBP at 20 and 21 when the league was putting up a .320 OBP.

Should I *really* be worried about his OBP and patience, or are we just in an age where most people haven't moved on from the 90's/early00's offenses?

We're talking a guy who is already a well above average offensive SS (relative to SSs in the 2010s) who is still 2-4 years from *entering* his prime in Castro...

Alright, I've said too much and am jinxing The Castro.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beldugo View Post
    Hahaha, damn that make me laugh.

Castro's career stats (1912 PA): .297/.336/.425 .330 wOBA 103 wRC+
    -11.9 UZR 9.1 WAR

Heyward's career stats (1730 PA): .261/.352/.447. .368 wOBA 118 wRC+
    34.3 UZR 13.7 WAR

Try again...
    So b/c he has a lesser WAR he's a worse player... good one. War is a pointless stat.

Our greatest glory is not in never failing. But rather in rising back up every time we do.

Find ya boi on twitter @MajorJensen33

vCash
    I wouldn't trade Castro for Heyward in a million years.

Our greatest glory is not in never failing. But rather in rising back up every time we do.

Find ya boi on twitter @MajorJensen33

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
    One is a corner OFer and the other is a SS, but I won't argue this one too hard since all the conventional numbers and thoughts point to Heyward. I wouldn't trade Castro for Heyward if you paid me, but I guess you can argue that this list isn't looking forward but rather going by 2012.
    SS is a most difficult position to find talent i agree with you, but WAR is a position adjusted stat, so there's no way Castro has had a better career thus far. Heyward can do much more than Castro on the basepaths and on the field, since they're about the same age Castro would have to make some strides at the plate to get on Heyward level of production, both of them have time to get better but i will be really surprised if Castro catch Heyward at anything (Offensive value, defensive value, baserunning value).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 85BearsDefense View Post
    So b/c he has a lesser WAR he's a worse player... good one. War is a pointless stat.
    Yes, because the only stat i showed you was WAR.

vCash
    Castro is going to have to become an offensive monster at SS to be as valuable as Heyward is. And personally i think Heyward has just as much room to grow offensively as Castro does.

vCash
    As a Braves fan I'm a bit shocked to see Heyward so high over Kershaw and Stanton but how can the best closer in baseball be ranked 23rd on this list. Ridiculous.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hagausaf View Post
    As a Braves fan I'm a bit shocked to see Heyward so high over Kershaw and Stanton but how can the best closer in baseball be ranked 23rd on this list. Ridiculous.
    If I was a braves fan, I would be ecstatic just to see how many guys I had on this list. It's crazy.

vCash
    Yes its nice to see but seeing Kimbrel that low is laughable IMO. Simmons should be swapped with Freeman.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomar View Post
    Do you also understand that i used Cabrera as a floor? Doesn't seem like you do.
    You said he could be a 5 win player if his defense is great, and if not he'll be more like Asdrubal Cabrera. Any rational person reads that as you saying his bat is similar to Cabrera's.

Coming soon to a TKRO stadium near you

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by VRP723 View Post
    You said he could be a 5 win player if his defense is great, and if not he'll be more like Asdrubal Cabrera. Any rational person reads that as you saying his bat is similar to Cabrera's.
    I said better than 5 WAR player just to clarify. To be more specific i see him in the .790-.860 OPS range over his career. He may move off of SS eventually too. I personally would rather have Matt Moore.

vCash
    Trout
    Stanton
    Harper
    Kershaw
    #Joc2LA

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 85BearsDefense View Post
    This is a terrible response to the post he made. He gave you multiple stats showing that Heyward has had a better career (by those numbers) and you respond with that? Also, I don't think I'd say WAR is a "pointless" stat.
    Save the kittens, ignore sbs' posts
    Red Sox hater since 10/2011

It is anyway, not anyways.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast