Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
Results 196 to 209 of 209
  1. #196
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    4,064
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by rkelly7 View Post
    That would be interesting to see, the Jays sure do have a awful lot of question marks health wise in their rotation outside of the ever durable Buehrle.
    R.A. Dickey, Mark Buehrle and Ricky Romero aren't really at any greater risk for injuries than any other pitcher in baseball. I think Josh Johnson and Brandon Morrow are the only 2 with injury concerns based on their history. Of the five projected starters for the Blue Jays in 2013, only Brandon Morrow pitched less than 180 innings in 2012.

  2. #197
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    21,549
    vCash
    1500
    Yeah from someone who saw RA pitch for the whole 3 years he was here, he pitches through injury quite well.

    A torn abdominal muscle he pitched with since April this year and won the Cy Young and he pitched through a partially torn plantar fascia last year.

    He's certainly durable to say the least.

  3. #198
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Los Angeles County, CA
    Posts
    20,573
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    Or Verlander or Scherezer.
    I would bet on Strasburg before them, easily. Verlander barely carries a 9K and Scherzer doesn't pitch enough innings. That could change, but I think he's just about shown his ceiling... When Strasburg is passed the limitations, he should pitch 230-240 innings and have a chance.

  4. #199
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    36,950
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    I would bet on Strasburg before them, easily. Verlander barely carries a 9K and Scherzer doesn't pitch enough innings. That could change, but I think he's just about shown his ceiling... When Strasburg is passed the limitations, he should pitch 230-240 innings and have a chance.
    Oh I agree. I was just including them as decent possibilities that could do it too.

  5. #200
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Los Angeles County, CA
    Posts
    20,573
    vCash
    1500
    Yeah actually it's a wonder that Scherzer hasn't cracked 200 IP because his efficiency is off the charts. Stras strikes me as a guy who will be perennial 225ish

  6. #201
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    102
    vCash
    1500
    I'm sorry but there is no doubt in my mind Stanton and Kershaw should be above Harper.

    Trout
    Kershaw
    Heyward
    Stanton
    Harper
    Stras

  7. #202
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    21,549
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by AussieDoc View Post
    I'm sorry but there is no doubt in my mind Stanton and Kershaw should be above Harper.

    Trout
    Kershaw
    Heyward
    Stanton
    Harper
    Stras
    Harper had a 4 fWAR season at 19 years old.

    I think you can count on a couple of fingers how many times that has been done.

    Harper belongs ahead of Kershaw and Stanton and i seriously think you are underestimating his talent and ability.

    Give it 2-3 years and you will see differently.

  8. #203
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,205
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Harper had a 4 fWAR season at 19 years old.

    I think you can count on a couple of fingers how many times that has been done.

    Harper belongs ahead of Kershaw and Stanton and i seriously think you are underestimating his talent and ability.

    Give it 2-3 years and you will see differently.
    It makes no sense what you're saying because all 3 players (and Trout) have unique abilities about them that totally separates them from other young talents. I don't think one has clearly more potential as you're putting it because all of them are still extremely young and have so much room to grow. So, bringing Harpers age up is pointless since all these other cats are also extremely young. Just like Harper, these guys are nowhere near their prime years (usually 27-31).
    through 06/28/2014...

    2014 Giancarlo Stanton (on pace for)

    81/81 G
    .316/57/21/60/7 w/ 4.4 fWAR & 5.1 rWAR

    He's comin' for that title, Mike Trout (on pace for)

    75/79 G
    .312/53/18/59/10 w/ 5.4 fWAR & 5.0 rWAR

  9. #204
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,205
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by AussieDoc View Post
    I'm sorry but there is no doubt in my mind Stanton and Kershaw should be above Harper.

    Trout
    Kershaw
    Heyward
    Stanton
    Harper
    Stras
    And how is Heyward above Stanton? Stanton has better than Heyward for the last 2 years.
    through 06/28/2014...

    2014 Giancarlo Stanton (on pace for)

    81/81 G
    .316/57/21/60/7 w/ 4.4 fWAR & 5.1 rWAR

    He's comin' for that title, Mike Trout (on pace for)

    75/79 G
    .312/53/18/59/10 w/ 5.4 fWAR & 5.0 rWAR

  10. #205
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    21,549
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by canefandynasty View Post
    It makes no sense what you're saying because all 3 players (and Trout) have unique abilities about them that totally separates them from other young talents. I don't think one has clearly more potential as you're putting it because all of them are still extremely young and have so much room to grow. So, bringing Harpers age up is pointless since all these other cats are also extremely young. Just like Harper, these guys are nowhere near their prime years (usually 27-31).
    I dont believe that.

    Harper having that type of season at 19 years old is indicative of his talent level. The guy also played an GG caliber CF.

    Stanton is a great player without question and may end up the best power hitter of this generation but Harper to me has more tools to be the better overall player.

    It is early but Stanton played that well last year at 22 years old which is a big difference in the progression process of a possible major league player than where a 19 year old is supposed to be.

    99.999999% of 19 year olds are playing for a college team or at best playing A ball somewhere.
    Last edited by metswon69; 01-15-2013 at 11:05 PM.

  11. #206
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,599
    vCash
    1500
    Kershaw should be top on the list. Trout should be #2. Or those could be flipped, just from what Trout did in one year last year.

  12. #207
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Waukegan,IL
    Posts
    1,362
    vCash
    1500
    Trout
    Harper
    Stanton
    Kershaw
    Strasburg
    Heyward
    Castro
    Machado

    Chicago Blackhawks
    Chicago Bulls
    Chicago Cubs
    Duke Blue Devils
    Minnesota Vikings
    Northwestern Wildcats
    Virginia Tech Hokies

  13. #208
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    102
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanDream View Post
    Kershaw should be top on the list. Trout should be #2. Or those could be flipped, just from what Trout did in one year last year.
    I really like this. When you think about it, Kershaw really could be #1. Hard to distinguish who's better: Kershaw or Trout. Both very good at what their team needs and good in their positions respectively.

  14. #209
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,461
    vCash
    1500
    Naw, Trout is a good step above the rest of this list. Harper is the one who comes closest. Kershaw is great but Trout is on pace to literally be the greatest player of all time.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •