Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    The thing you have to look At though is how beneficial would it be for the team to be 8th seed or be the 9th place team and not get a pick? I'm not openly rooting against the Blazers, I am rooting for them to be better in the long run. The team is young and needs more pieces. If you think this team with this bench will ever really compete then I dont know what to say. I'm definitely not saying the team has to get a star first rounder, just a bench guy and a top 12 pick could definitely create a solid role player.

Like I said, I don't care what happens. I'd be ecstatic it the Blazers made the playoffs obviously. I'm more saying I wouldnt be upset if the team doesn't make it. They are a few pieces away, but once they get those pieces then watch out

vCash
    ^ Exactly.

vCash
    Sorry but no player in this draft we could get is worth more then the experience this team would gain from playoffs. Lillard, Leonard, Barton, having them play even 1 playoff series is far more valuable then anyone at the 9-13 range in this draft.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shen View Post
    Sorry but no player in this draft we could get is worth more then the experience this team would gain from playoffs. Lillard, Leonard, Barton, having them play even 1 playoff series is far more valuable then anyone at the 9-13 range in this draft.
    Getting bounced in 4 games by OKC isnt experience.

and i think people on this board are truly underestimating the class of '13. Reason why people say its a weakER class is because there are no obvious top 5 picks that will turn a franchise around. but there are a lot of GOOD players, around 15 of them. A LOT OF BIGS. look at bigs drafted 10-20 in years past, there are a handful of them starting at center today.

Also, adding another piece to a young roster will help our depth for years to come. if we take a guy who can contribute right away, that saves us money from this offseason.

If we can work our way up to where we face someone like memphis in the first round, then yes i want to be in the playoffs but seeds 7 and 8th is awful. I would love Mason plum lee or Isaiah austin, james mcadoo etc., a big bruiser.

I also wouldnt put it past the blazers buying a pick. it seems every draft there are 2-3 picks you can buy.
    Last edited by RC27; 01-12-2013 at 12:00 AM.

vCash
    I really wish we took Jared Sullinger, he really is showing that he was worth a top 10 pick.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RC27 View Post
    Getting bounced in 4 games by OKC isnt experience.

and i think people on this board are truly underestimating the class of '13. Reason why people say its a weakER class is because there are no obvious top 5 picks that will turn a franchise around. but there are a lot of GOOD players, around 15 of them. A LOT OF BIGS. look at bigs drafted 10-20 in years past, there are a handful of them starting at center today.

Also, adding another piece to a young roster will help our depth for years to come. if we take a guy who can contribute right away, that saves us money from this offseason.

If we can work our way up to where we face someone like memphis in the first round, then yes i want to be in the playoffs but seeds 7 and 8th is awful. I would love Mason plum lee or Isaiah austin, james mcadoo etc., a big bruiser.

I also wouldnt put it past the blazers buying a pick. it seems every draft there are 2-3 picks you can buy.
    Nothing u said was even remotely correct. Not even a little near accurate. Look at all the first rounders this year. How many of them are getting substantial time? how many of them are in D'league, and this draft class is many times better then one coming out this next draft. Only a couple players out of the draft give serious contributions in first 3 seasons. No one in this draft we can get will do anything but spend time in D'league. It is not worth it to miss out on a 7 game series in playoffs. For record I would rather face Clippers or Thunder then Griz in playoffs. Would be better matchups for us.

vCash
    I really wish we took Jared Sullinger, he really is showing that he was worth a top 10 pick.
    He has had 3 good games and none of them top 10 worthy. He has been on whole mediocre rotational player and he wont have a long career.

vCash
    We pick 9-13 and we are more likely to get a player who is out of the league in couple years then we would be likely to get swept in playoffs. I am telling you this year this team, no one would beat us at home in the playoffs. That is a 100% guarantee.

vCash
    Nothing u said was even remotely correct. Not even a little near accurate. Look at all the first rounders this year. How many of them are getting substantial time? how many of them are in D'league, and this draft class is many times better then one coming out this next draft. Only a couple players out of the draft give serious contributions in first 3 seasons. No one in this draft we can get will do anything but spend time in D'league. It is not worth it to miss out on a 7 game series in playoffs. For record I would rather face Clippers or Thunder then Griz in playoffs. Would be better matchups for us.
    read my post shen, no ACTUALLY read it, dont skim and go all mighty on me with your righteousness. did i say last years draft? no. i said years PAST picks 10-20, youll find a lot of bigs that are starters. did i say we would find a big to start for us next year? no. did i say we would find a big to give us 25+min next year? no. and actually lets look at last years draft, even though i didnt mention it. Meyers Leonard (yes he is on our team), John Henson, tyler seller, jared sullinger, andrew nicholson, andre drummond, anthony davis, festis ezeli... They ALL have around 15min (and majority more) a game. They all would get minutes in our rotation. 8 Guys!

There is no way we win 2 games in a series with OKC in the playoffs. As much as i love the blazers, and as much as i would love to see them win, i also have to be a realist.
    Last edited by RC27; 01-12-2013 at 02:25 AM. Reason: forgot leonard.

vCash
    He has had 3 good games and none of them top 10 worthy. He has been on whole mediocre rotational player and he wont have a long career.
    and leonard has had 0.

vCash
    I don't believe this team needs to add any more youth that was our problem before in the past. The nucleus has been put into place with some nice pieces to build upon later Leonard, Barton. This team needs the Playoff experience it will be much better then any draft pick we may pick up in my opinion. It its very hard to break into the nba coming from the college ranks and this team needs to add veteran savy another big and prob add a veteran pg who can contribute off the bench.

vCash
    we made it to the playoffs three straight years with virtually the same core squad... never made it out of the 1st round... we all know we shouldve at least 2 of those years.

Orland, Miami, Cleveland, Boston, all made it to the finals, without going to the playoffs or going past the semi's the year prior. (2 of those teams were built from playoff experience vets i realize). this is just in the last 6 years. 4 teams out of 8 total.

76ers, bulls, portland, rockets, jazz,pacers, bucks, ATL Hawks, all teams who have made the playoffs 3 times in recent years without making it to the conference finals. (im sure im missing teams, just too lazy to keep searching).

Our best record in the last 12 years or so, 54-28, came with being the 2nd youngest team in the nba.

this shows experience is not everything. and youth can wins games.
    Last edited by RC27; 01-12-2013 at 02:44 AM.

vCash
    Well maybe we had the wrong coaching staff leading this team into the playoffs recently and since this team is 9-2 in games decided by 6pts or less I say this coaching staff is doing something consistently right. To be honest it's way to early to be talking playoffs or drafts and this arguement can probably be saved until later in the season. I do understand your very valid points.

vCash
    yeah i love our staff this year. stotts has blown me away.

vCash
    yeah i love our staff this year. stotts has blown me away.
    Me too man I have to admit I'm shocked at how well this team has responded to this coaching staff. I thought it would take at least half the year to get everyone accimilated with everyone but I was completely off base.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast