Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    If nothing else, the team just plays with more energy when Isaiah is on the floor. Both him & Brooks are mistaken prone but at the very least Isaiah seems to bring out better in his teammates.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Plague View Post
    I thought it started at the end of the 3rd quarter. Tyreke on 4 consecutive possessions isolated his opponent and scored on 3 of them. After that the flood gates was opened. No one passed the ball after that. I thought with about 6 minutes left in the game it was evident, the ball was not moving and no one was playing defense but Smart waited until it was too late to make a change. With Isiah the ball moved.

Tyreke as a individual looked good, I just did not like the way the ball moved with him. I am still on the trade Tyreke bandwagon.
    Reke can be out there and not stop ball, but he can also easily stop ball. I think he just needs to find his middle ground. He has the ability to score at will sometimes and we don't have anyone that can do that. The way he penetrates is just unstoppable sometimes.

Boogie can score almost at will at the end of games, but people are picking up on that now and are triple teaming him now, like what happened in overtime against Dallas.

I'm not against trading Reke, but I don't think he's a problem.

I think the team needs to learn not to play selfish ball and try to be a hero. At the end of games when it's coming down to the wire, a lot of our players out the team on their back when it isn't necessary. We need to play team ball a whole 48 mins.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by imbetterthanyou View Post
    If nothing else, the team just plays with more energy when Isaiah is on the floor. Both him & Brooks are mistaken prone but at the very least Isaiah seems to bring out better in his teammates.
    Exactly. Isaiah sets the pace for this team and makes the team better. He's always out there yelling. He may be small, but he's the general out there when running the point.

vCash
    I prefer Isaiah, but it's not like he's been playing like he unquestionably deserves the minutes. When Brooks is hot, he can win or secure a game for us in the 4th. So can Isaiah. Both should get some burn in the 4th unless one is clearly playing better. If both are off, I'd take Isaiah just because I trust him more.
    2014 Adopt-a-Packer: Micah Hyde

vCash
    It's the same old ******** with Keith.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRuckus View Post
    You can't spell Worley without W.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JLynn943 View Post
    I prefer Isaiah, but it's not like he's been playing like he unquestionably deserves the minutes. When Brooks is hot, he can win or secure a game for us in the 4th. So can Isaiah. Both should get some burn in the 4th unless one is clearly playing better. If both are off, I'd take Isaiah just because I trust him more.
    Obviously you go with the hot hand, but unless Brooks is draining everything, Isaiah needs to be out there at the end of the game. All this season Brooks has been out there at the end and hasn't done a damn thing and Smart bring Isaiah in when the game is already damn near over.

Brooks' track record with closing out games isn't very good this year. Isaiah should be in there for the last 6 minutes of the 4th.

I also trust Isaiah more.

vCash
    Smart's reasoning for that in his post game presser was that he needed bigger defenders rather than offense.

He always puts players in when the game momentum is already swung... Like not playing Jimmer till the last 10 seconds and expecting him to produce.

Smart also said the reason why it takes him a while to go back to his hot hands is because he can't get all his players in... smh

vCash
    i was never a fan of smart..we need to get rid of him i dont see much change in this team..we are a lottery team just about every year since adeleman left..im so sick of us getting top 5-10 picks..and trading players away for bums who are on there last year on a contract..thomas needs to start!..might as well trade tyreke since we arent gonna re-sign him..i hope we dont trade DMC..we need him..his talent is rare..we need some toughness in the middle..so i am ok with his attitude as long as it isnt off the court with DUIs etc..we need to do something tho!! i am so sick of this team..young stars..rising..we need to make playoffs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by iMac View Post
    Smart's reasoning for that in his post game presser was that he needed bigger defenders rather than offense.

He always puts players in when the game momentum is already swung... Like not playing Jimmer till the last 10 seconds and expecting him to produce.

Smart also said the reason why it takes him a while to go back to his hot hands is because he can't get all his players in... smh
    So that's why Smart had a lineup earlier in the quarter that had Robinson at the 5 and Tyreke at the 4....and if Smart thinks Brooks is a better defender than Thomas then god help us.
    Last edited by DerekRE_3; 01-11-2013 at 04:22 PM.

Slap Hands!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DerekRE_3 View Post
    So that's why Smart had a lineup earlier in the quarter that had Robinson at the 5 and Tyreke at the 4....and if Smart thinks Brooks is a better defender than Thomas then god help us.
    I can't stand Smart, he sounded like the reporter caught him with the question. He always has an answer for everything, and contradicts himself most of the time.

One of the reporters called him out on one of his rules, being: If you don't play the 1st half, you're not going to play the second half.

It looks like Smart isn't Sacramento's problem anymore...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZebraCity916 View Post
    Reke can be out there and not stop ball, but he can also easily stop ball. I think he just needs to find his middle ground. He has the ability to score at will sometimes and we don't have anyone that can do that. The way he penetrates is just unstoppable sometimes.

Boogie can score almost at will at the end of games, but people are picking up on that now and are triple teaming him now, like what happened in overtime against Dallas.

I'm not against trading Reke, but I don't think he's a problem.

I think the team needs to learn not to play selfish ball and try to be a hero. At the end of games when it's coming down to the wire, a lot of our players out the team on their back when it isn't necessary. We need to play team ball a whole 48 mins.
    Here is what I see with Reke. He likes to dribble penetrate or run isolation plays for himself everyone knows that, he dribbles with what looks like he has no intention of passing the ball. He did it 4 straight plays yesterday.

As a individual player it plays on you when you know that once you pass the ball your not going to get the ball back. It moves from one teammate to the other, next you thing you know everyone is saying I better shoot the ball because I won't see it again. That is what I saw last night, and in my opinion it started with Tyreke. He made 3 of those 4 shots but that was in my opinion the start of the Kings as a team not passing the ball.

Keith Smart in my opinion waited too long too recognize the problem and make the correct adjustment. He should of brought Isiah Thomas back at around the 6 minutes mark. Regardless if Isiah racks up assists or not the team as a whole was passing the ball with him in the game at point. With Reke there was no team ball movement.
    Last edited by Plague; 01-11-2013 at 07:19 PM.

vCash
    Here is what I see with Reke. He likes to dribble penetrate or run isolation plays for himself everyone knows that, he dribbles with what looks like he has no intention of passing the ball. He did it 4 straight plays yesterday.

As a individual player it plays on you when you know that once you pass the ball your not going to get the ball back. It moves from one teammate to the other, next you thing you know everyone is saying I better shoot the ball because I won't see it again. That is what I saw last night, and in my opinion it started with Tyreke. He made 3 of those 4 shots but that was in my opinion the start of the Kings as a team not passing the ball.

Keith Smart in my opinion waited too long too recognize the problem and make the correct adjustment. He should of brought Isiah Thomas back at around the 6 minutes mark. Regardless if Isiah racks up assists or not the team as a whole was passing the ball with him in the game at point. With Reke there was no team ball movement.
    How many of those 4 shots did he make??

And, because he goes iso, that means it's his fault the rest if the team started playing selfishly??

Reke played team ball the whole game. When we needed to score, he put the team on his back for a minute. I don't see a problem with that. He has that ability and he looked awesome last night. He was getting into the lane almost at will.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DerekRE_3 View Post
    Brooks and Evans consists of excessive dribbling around the perimeter and then taking a guy one on one with about 6 seconds left on the shot clock or giving the ball to Boogie 20 feet away from the basket with about 5 seconds left on the shot clock. Fantastic basketball.
    This

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZebraCity916 View Post
    How many of those 4 shots did he make??

And, because he goes iso, that means it's his fault the rest if the team started playing selfishly??

Reke played team ball the whole game. When we needed to score, he put the team on his back for a minute. I don't see a problem with that. He has that ability and he looked awesome last night. He was getting into the lane almost at will.
    Reke made 3 of those 4. Thats not a excuse. What if he missed 3 of 4? We know he has done that a lot. Basketball is a team game and when only 4 of the players are playing like a team then it trickles down to the rest of the team.

vCash
    Reke made 3 of those 4. Thats not a excuse. What if he missed 3 of 4? We know he has done that a lot. Basketball is a team game and when only 4 of the players are playing like a team then it trickles down to the rest of the team.
    All I'm saying is that he was getting in the lane almost at will against Dallas. He has played in control this year and hasn't been forcing things like he was last year. He knew he could score, so he went for it.

Like I was saying before, he has the ability to put this team on his back in stretches, which he did. Team play is very important, but if he can go iso and score 3 outta 4 times, I don't have a problem with it.

Just cause he started going iso, doesn't make it his fault the rest of the team stopped playing team ball.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast