Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    We don't trade for Gay period, regardless of who we're giving up, whether it's fair value or not. Adding Gay to the payroll will have us deep in luxury tax territory next year which will make it hard for us to construct a good team. Our entire bench aside from Crawford and Hill are on expiring contracts, and they were both signed to the Mid-level and Bi-annual exceptions respectively. Not to mention Billups is expiring as well.

Everyone is raving about how good our bench is and how vital it is that guys like Griffin and Paul are able to get rest so they won't be tired or injured come playoff time like last year. Why in the world would we ruin any of that for an overpaid inefficient player? We already have one in DeAndre Jordan.

Oh and Bayless is not even close to Crawford's level. I can't believe anyone would make that comparison.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Structures View Post
    That trade would be GREAT value for the clippers, I don't think anyone is denying that. But one of the biggest reasons LAC has done well this season is because of their chemistry. Players like Odom/Crawford/Barnes... Were all terrible last season, but everybody on the clippers are very close and it shows on the court. They trust eachother to make plays.

So I think the dealbreaker isn't necessarily that the clippers are giving up "too much" but they'd rather just ride out the season and keep things rolling. Unless they start losing, I doubt they make a big trade. Believe me, I'd love to have Rudy Gay on the clippers but just to get him on the team would be really tough because of his contract.

Good luck to your Grizzlies! (Except when they play the clippers )
    Not to mention putting Odom in a trade where he would go any where but LA would ruin the other team and most GM's see that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by apet8945 View Post
    We don't trade for Gay period, regardless of who we're giving up, whether it's fair value or not. Adding Gay to the payroll will have us deep in luxury tax territory next year which will make it hard for us to construct a good team. Our entire bench aside from Crawford and Hill are on expiring contracts, and they were both signed to the Mid-level and Bi-annual exceptions respectively. Not to mention Billups is expiring as well.

Everyone is raving about how good our bench is and how vital it is that guys like Griffin and Paul are able to get rest so they won't be tired or injured come playoff time like last year. Why in the world would we ruin any of that for an overpaid inefficient player? We already have one in DeAndre Jordan.

Oh and Bayless is not even close to Crawford's level. I can't believe anyone would make that comparison.
    I agree with all this but DJ. He isn't overpaid IMO.

vCash
    What about Jordan, Odom, Bledsoe, and one or two picks for Dwight? I have read the rumblings they might move him. Not sure they would ship him across town, but it would be a sweet big three with Howard, Griffin, Paul.

vCash
    i really doubt the clips trade to the lakers

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracka2HI! View Post
    I agree with all this but DJ. He isn't overpaid IMO.
    Yeah but he still sucks. He probably sucks even more this year than last year. I'm starting to think that his only real value to the team is his ability to dunk and his friendship with Griffin. That's it. I don't believe that's worth the double digit salary he makes.

Quote Originally Posted by BuffsFan View Post
    What about Jordan, Odom, Bledsoe, and one or two picks for Dwight? I have read the rumblings they might move him. Not sure they would ship him across town, but it would be a sweet big three with Howard, Griffin, Paul.
    Lakers would laugh at that offer. Jordan isn't a tenth of the player Dwight is, even if Dwight is playing horribly. Our picks would mean nothing and there would probably be tension between the Lakers and Odom. They can get a much better package elsewhere.

Dwight's value hasn't gone down the toilet as much as people think. Just cause it's not working with the Lakers doesn't mean he can't go to a new team and become the Dwight Howard of old once again.

vCash
    I really don't want Dwight Howard on this team.

vCash
    I really don't want Dwight Howard on this team.
    Same here man. D12 is a drama queen.

And most importantly, those rumors are from Chris Broussard. That guy has no credibility, he's just trying to stir up some ridiculous rumors to get people interested. Plus the lakers could get better packages than Bledsoe/Jordan, and that's the most the clippers would give up to their cross-town rivals.

Plus I'd really hate to see my 2 favorite clippers traded to my least favorite team

If the clippers do end up trading E-Bled and/or DJ, it better be for a young SG/SF. But again, these rumors are fake. ESPN is a joke and they're just trying to get ratings.

vCash
    yeah, broussard is a joke. I dont see the clips trading bledsoe until after cp3 leaves.

vCash
    This actually really scares me. There isn't much of a market for Howard because most teams know he won't re-sign with them. There are probably 3-4 teams he would actually be happy being traded to. Brooklyn and Dallas for sure and possibly Atlanta. The possible 4th team is us. I have no doubt in my mind he would LOVE to cross the hallway and come play for the best team in town. He would re-sign too. Could he bring down what we have? Broussard is an idiot but he may have stumbled onto something here. God I'd vomit everytime I saw DJ and Bled in Laker colors.

vCash
    There is no way the Lakers and Clippers are trading with one another. It just won't happen. Having said that, if the Lakers are stupid enough to do a DJ, Bledsoe, Butler(or Odom), + picks trade for Howard, we do it.

It might actually be the next best thing for DJ and Blake's friendship if DJ were to get traded to the Lakers since they'd both still be in LA and can spend a lot of time together. Plus Howard has the type of personality that would fit right in with the group of guys we have now. And he won't complain about lack of touches or anything like that cause we'll be winning games, and he'd be having a blast playing here.

But alas, it'll never happen. It's too bad though, Howard would guarantee us a title this year.
    Last edited by apet8945; 01-24-2013 at 08:15 PM.

vCash
    Unless we get a good young scorer on this team i think all trades won't help... Actually Just a good Young player who can start Rudy Gay, Danny Granger, Josh Smith lol. Just some one to help when Paul is down and can score along with J-Crossover i didn't realize how tough we could have it until the OKC game.

vCash
    I actually don't think the Lakers and Clippers trading is as far fetched as it sounds. I understand it's a long shot it's certainly not impossible. As far as Howard is concerned it wouldn't be a straight up trade. A 3 or 4 team trade where DJ and Bledsoe go somewhere and the Lakers get players from another team might be the best trade the Lakers can make and I honestly think they will trade Howard if they can get a good deal.

DJ and especially Bledsoe have a lot of trade value and the way the team has played this month I'm starting to think it might be time for a trade. I like what DJ has done and I love Bled but we have a chance to win a title this year and quite frankly I don't think we are quite good enough. I can't see us beating OKC. Maybe any other team in the league but not OKC. If we have a chance to make a trade that could put us over the top we should do it. Howard would certainly be that guy. Normally I'm not stupid with my trade ideas but there is so little activity here that I just say F it!

vCash
    I actually don't think the Lakers and Clippers trading is as far fetched as it sounds. I understand it's a long shot it's certainly not impossible. As far as Howard is concerned it wouldn't be a straight up trade. A 3 or 4 team trade where DJ and Bledsoe go somewhere and the Lakers get players from another team might be the best trade the Lakers can make and I honestly think they will trade Howard if they can get a good deal.

DJ and especially Bledsoe have a lot of trade value and the way the team has played this month I'm starting to think it might be time for a trade. I like what DJ has done and I love Bled but we have a chance to win a title this year and quite frankly I don't think we are quite good enough. I can't see us beating OKC. Maybe any other team in the league but not OKC. If we have a chance to make a trade that could put us over the top we should do it. Howard would certainly be that guy. Normally I'm not stupid with my trade ideas but there is so little activity here that I just say F it!
    I just wouldn't want Howard on the team.. He's a great Player do not get me wrong.. he's just a Drama queen... Del Negro has had trouble with the big guys having the ball consistly so imagine if we get Howard who wants the ball more than the star player Kobe... This situation it would be Paul.

vCash
    I heard that! I'm more afraid the team will do it than hoping for it. I do however think the team may be able to improve by trading DJ and Bledsoe as much as I love those guys.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast