Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Could the team improve via trade?

Are there any trades out there that could benefit our team? I don't think so. Even if we traded Caron for something nice it could possibly be a diva that is looking for minutes and stats. We have perfect chemistry. I can't remember a team with better chemistry. I'm sure there have been, but it is tangible. It's obvious. I don't think I would make a trade for that reason.

vCash
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=aeft5se
    gets rid of willie green ... ( he is going to be out anyways because CHauncey and Hill and Bledsoe will get the minutes) ...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracka2HI! View Post
    Are there any trades out there that could benefit our team? I don't think so. Even if we traded Caron for something nice it could possibly be a diva that is looking for minutes and stats. We have perfect chemistry. I can't remember a team with better chemistry. I'm sure there have been, but it is tangible. It's obvious. I don't think I would make a trade for that reason.
    I've heard some rumors that revolve around Rudy Gay to the Clippers, and even though he'd be nice to have as a 3rd option, his contract is way too big (Odom or DJ would have to be included and both of those guys are loved on this team). Plus, the clippers have the BEST record in the nba right now, to go along with great team chemistry, so why mess that up?

However....

Bledsoe isn't getting the amount of minutes he deserves on this team, so a trade could be made as soon as this season, but for a young SG/SF on a cheaper contract.
    If the clippers could get a guy like Aaron Afflalo (just theoretically, Orlando basically traded him for D12, so they like him a lot) for Bledsoe/Butler/pick, then I think they should pull the trigger. Because come playoff time, the rotations will be shortened and the clippers will need a little more punch in the starting lineup from the 2.

They could then maybe sign Gilbert Arenas as a backup PG (limited minutes of course, but you want CP3 playing anyways). LAC lacks a good 3-point shooter and Arenas seems to be close with the guys on the team anyways, so in the scenario where EB is traded this season, he could be an option since Billups hasn't been healthy as of late.

So essentially a starting lineup of:

Paul - Afflalo - Barnes - Griffin - Jordan

With Crawford/Hill/Odom.... off the bench? That's a team that can contend for years to come with a young core and a bench with vets who wanna win.

Anyways, I'm enjoying the season as is, let's hope they keep on rolling.

vCash
    i wouldn't trade bledsoe this season ... If CP3 doesn't resign then the clipps at least have bledsoe... if CP3 resigns then Bledsoe can be traded next season

vCash
    Yea I agree. I'd rather see the team stand pat this season. I think Granger is an interesting option though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Structures View Post
    I've heard some rumors that revolve around Rudy Gay to the Clippers, and even though he'd be nice to have as a 3rd option, his contract is way too big (Odom or DJ would have to be included and both of those guys are loved on this team). Plus, the clippers have the BEST record in the nba right now, to go along with great team chemistry, so why mess that up?

However....

Bledsoe isn't getting the amount of minutes he deserves on this team, so a trade could be made as soon as this season, but for a young SG/SF on a cheaper contract.
    If the clippers could get a guy like Aaron Afflalo (just theoretically, Orlando basically traded him for D12, so they like him a lot) for Bledsoe/Butler/pick, then I think they should pull the trigger. Because come playoff time, the rotations will be shortened and the clippers will need a little more punch in the starting lineup from the 2.

They could then maybe sign Gilbert Arenas as a backup PG (limited minutes of course, but you want CP3 playing anyways). LAC lacks a good 3-point shooter and Arenas seems to be close with the guys on the team anyways, so in the scenario where EB is traded this season, he could be an option since Billups hasn't been healthy as of late.

So essentially a starting lineup of:

Paul - Afflalo - Barnes - Griffin - Jordan

With Crawford/Hill/Odom.... off the bench? That's a team that can contend for years to come with a young core and a bench with vets who wanna win.

Anyways, I'm enjoying the season as is, let's hope they keep on rolling.
    i would love him... but he is quoted saying he hates the clips, but that maybe because the clips eliminated his team last year, that is the only person i would want on this team other than him stay pat no point in ruining a good thing

vCash
    Griz fan here...I saw the rumors about a Rudy Gay for Butler and Bledsoe type trade, and started looking at the trade machine for something that could work between us. What do y'all think about something like this?

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=b2r9zrl

I realize this is a bit of a stretch including J Crawford, but it's either that or Lamar Odom and I know Odom would throw a temper tantrum in Memphis. Bayless is almost as good as Crawford anyways. He's basically a poor man's Crawford that plays better defense and gets paid less. Plus, you all saw Selby's potential as he led the Summer league in scoring.

Y'all would be scary with Rudy:
    CP3/Billups/Selby
    W Green/Bayless
    Rudy/Barnes
    Griffin/Odom
    Jordan/Turiaf

I'm sure y'all would play Rudy at the 2 so him and Barnes could share the floor too...I've always thought if Rudy played shooting guard he'd be one of the most dominant 2's in the game.

Our team would look great too:
    Conley/Bledsoe
    TA/Crawford/Ellington
    Butler/Pondexter/Hill
    Zbo/Arthur
    Gasol/Speights

Basically, I think both our teams could get better by trading with one another. I hope our FO's can work something out. If Crawford wasn't involved, I think it's safe to say we would expect a 1st round pick, but either way, IF we trade Rudy(I'd rather keep him and pay the lux tax) I hope it's with y'all.
    Last edited by J Falk; 01-16-2013 at 03:37 AM.

vCash
    I would love rudy gay and would include him in a trade revolving around bledsoe, but i just cant see the clips making that trade. i dont see anyway we get rid of grant hill, and even less of a chance we get rid of crawford.

unfortunately, it just seems like we dont have the pieces. well we do, but the correct pieces the clippers would be willing to give up.

damn. rudy would have been great to get

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kylem4711 View Post
    I would love rudy gay and would include him in a trade revolving around bledsoe, but i just cant see the clips making that trade. i dont see anyway we get rid of grant hill, and even less of a chance we get rid of crawford.

unfortunately, it just seems like we dont have the pieces. well we do, but the correct pieces the clippers would be willing to give up.

damn. rudy would have been great to get
    I think you guys should wait until the offseason to consider trading for Gay. You guys beat two good teams without Paul. That shows your depth and chemistry. Best to hold off for now.

Awesome show, great job!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by king4day View Post
    I think you guys should wait until the offseason to consider trading for Gay. You guys beat two good teams without Paul. That shows your depth and chemistry. Best to hold off for now.

Awesome show, great job!
    I completly Agree... i would love Rudy but i would wait until the Offseason

vCash

vCash
    Trade machine says it all! -5 wins on all trades but the Odom trade. That's only taking stats into consideration. You can't even count what it would do for chemistry. I think most Clippers fans would love to have Gay on the team but none of us want to give up what he's worth. It's too bad he doesn't make $5 mil less.

vCash
    lol thats half the team ... i think you guys should keep gay but get a different coach ...

vCash
    You wouldn't trade Butler, Bledsoe and Odom for Gay and Bayless???? wow.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by J Falk View Post
    You wouldn't trade Butler, Bledsoe and Odom for Gay and Bayless???? wow.
    That trade would be GREAT value for the clippers, I don't think anyone is denying that. But one of the biggest reasons LAC has done well this season is because of their chemistry. Players like Odom/Crawford/Barnes... Were all terrible last season, but everybody on the clippers are very close and it shows on the court. They trust eachother to make plays.

So I think the dealbreaker isn't necessarily that the clippers are giving up "too much" but they'd rather just ride out the season and keep things rolling. Unless they start losing, I doubt they make a big trade. Believe me, I'd love to have Rudy Gay on the clippers but just to get him on the team would be really tough because of his contract.

Good luck to your Grizzlies! (Except when they play the clippers )

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast