Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 120 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Damn, getting one of Shabazz or McLemore in this draft, trading Afflalo and Nicholson for Henson and a first (or something along those lines) and trading Redick for a pick, then package the two picks to move up in this draft to take Smart (better athlete) or Carter-Williams (better PG) and then tank next year to possibly get Wiggins (very doubtful) or Parker (still doubtful) we would have a young team loaded with potential

Carter-Williams (guy who I want)
    McLemore
    Wiggins/Parker
    Henson
    Vucevic

Wow, talk about a quick rebuild
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    Question...Bobcats have 2, possibly 3 first round picks this coming draft, would it be a good idea to take on one of their bigger contracts for one of their first round picks? Say, Tyrus Thomas? Then trade Nelson and Redick to the Jazz for Watson/Williams/Bell and Utah's first rounder? Just spit balling
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    I'd take Henson over Nicholson due to Henson's height and length. From what has been seen of Nicholson, when he plays, he scores. But I'd rather have Henson's length and defensive prowess down low. Add some bulk on the kid and he can be a McGee type down low, and pair that with Vuc rebounding ability, I think we'd have a damn good front court future.
    Or he could be the next Anthony Randolph. That's the hard part about potential. While offense can always be learned, good defensive mechanics can be taught. Athletic ability can not, but look at so many of the guys that have come into the draft like that that have turned out well. You could probably count on one hand.

He's pretty thin right now, and his offensive game is not so solid. I'm not saying I don't like him as a prospect, because I do, but I personally think Henson is exactly that, a prospect. Someone who you're betting more on potential than what your eye sees. I just think Nicholson is safer, because his offensive game is already there. He just needs to add bulk.
    Last edited by xRage10; 01-28-2013 at 01:05 AM.

vCash
    Also, I don't agree with you that Carter-Williams is the better point guard, personally. The main thing that Smart lacks is a reliable jump shot. Other than that, he's a pretty well rounded PG. He passes well, he penetrates well, he plays good defense, everything. The exact same stuff that you said could be taught to Henson, could also be taught to Smart, and I personally think Smart has more going for him anyway.

And don't bet on getting two picks within the top 7 or 8, which is likely what it would take to get both of either PG's mentioned and McLemore (who would require the #1, more than likely at this point). Then you're also betting we get a top 2 next year to get Wiggins or Parker. Yes, that'd be an incredibly quick rebuild, but the odds aren't stacked in favor of it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by xRage10 View Post
    Also, I don't agree with you that Carter-Williams is the better point guard, personally. The main thing that Smart lacks is a reliable jump shot. Other than that, he's a pretty well rounded PG. He passes well, he penetrates well, he plays good defense, everything. The exact same stuff that you said could be taught to Henson, could also be taught to Smart, and I personally think Smart has more going for him anyway.

And don't bet on getting two picks within the top 7 or 8, which is likely what it would take to get both of either PG's mentioned and McLemore (who would require the #1, more than likely at this point). Then you're also betting we get a top 2 next year to get Wiggins or Parker. Yes, that'd be an incredibly quick rebuild, but the odds aren't stacked in favor of it.
    Which is why I said it wasn't likely.

Carter-Williams is the better PG. He needs to work on his shooting, but the way he gets his teammates involved is what makes him the better PG IMO. Smart is the better scorer, no doubt. I just think it'd be nice for once to have the facilitator at PG instead of a guy who can just create his own shot

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    Question...Bobcats have 2, possibly 3 first round picks this coming draft, would it be a good idea to take on one of their bigger contracts for one of their first round picks? Say, Tyrus Thomas? Then trade Nelson and Redick to the Jazz for Watson/Williams/Bell and Utah's first rounder? Just spit balling
    That's tough. I'd take on ANY big contract that expires after next season for a pick. I think that's the best way to use our exception. Contracts that go on longer I'm not sure. I think the 2014 offseason will be critical for us in regards to free agency.

I'd take on Gordon's contract. He's got a BIG option for next season that he might very well accept. Them getting out of that could get their payroll entering this offseason under 30 million. Maybe they'd do it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRamForPrez24 View Post
    That's tough. I'd take on ANY big contract that expires after next season for a pick. I think that's the best way to use our exception. Contracts that go on longer I'm not sure. I think the 2014 offseason will be critical for us in regards to free agency.

I'd take on Gordon's contract. He's got a BIG option for next season that he might very well accept. Them getting out of that could get their payroll entering this offseason under 30 million. Maybe they'd do it.
    That'd make sense to target him for that.

I see us getting a top 3 pick this year, and having our choice between McLemore and Shabazz. We could go on a huge losing streak coming up here. We have 5 straight road games against the Nets, Knicks, Celtics, Bucks and 76ers. Then after that we have the Clippers. I can very well see the Magic losing their next 6 games then March...wow, grueling schedule. I see 3-4 wins in March, and by that time we should have traded Redick and possibly others leading us to be an even worse team for the time being. I see us landing McLemore of Shabazz in the draft for sure

vCash
    Id love to get henson, and i dont think we have to give up nicholson. I posted a similar trade a while ago, but
    Redick to wolves for williams
    Bucks recieve williams, afflalo.
    Orl recieves henson, lottery protected 1st from milwaukee.

Add in fillers to make the numbers work and its a good trade. We get to keep a young core of vuc, henson, nicholson, harkless. Thats a very versatile front court with good potential.

vCash
    Then trade jameer and big baby for whatever we can get. Hopefully its a 1st.
    We'd possibly have 3 picks next year. We try to get a PG, SG and SF in the draft.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 5ass View Post
    Id love to get henson, and i dont think we have to give up nicholson. I posted a similar trade a while ago, but

Add in fillers to make the numbers work and its a good trade. We get to keep a young core of vuc, henson, nicholson, harkless. Thats a very versatile front court with good potential.
    Give up our two best trade chips for Henson and a lotto protected first? Idk about that...

vCash
    Id like to see Afflalo back in Detroit..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink View Post
    Id like to see Afflalo back in Detroit..
    I think Afflalo would be a nice fit in Detroit. They have a nice young corps, and adding a veteran like him would help them out. They aren't getting solid play from their SFs (after Prince, who I believe is playing more of a SG role).

Prince is the only long term contract they really have. Afflalo might be a nice guy to have around as Knight, Monroe and Drummond continue to develop (and beast).

I'd salary dump him. Corey Maggette and a lottery (or top 10 maybe) protected first for Afflalo. I don't think the Pistons will be in the lottery next season.

Not sure if they'd do that though. Hard to tell if they'd be interested in AA at all.

vCash
    Im just giving the base of the trade, the pick could be unprotected. Or maybe we dump Big Baby somehow as well in the trade. Or we could get another pick from minny. We could get Shved and/or Udoh. How would you go about it making it fair and sensible?

vCash
    Im just giving the base of the trade, the pick could be unprotected. Or maybe we dump Big Baby somehow as well in the trade. Or we could get another pick from minny. We could get Shved and/or Udoh. How would you go about it making it fair and sensible?
    I would trade Redick to the T-Wolves for Williams and a pick then flip Williams for Henson.

vCash

Wow!

At first glance I would say get this done today, but why would we have to trade Redick and Afflalo? If so who do we get back from Detroit? If we take the 10 mill from Maggette then we better get an unprotected pick from Detroit. I would want Stuckey as well.
    Can I get all the non Bandwagon true fans to stand up?

Page 11 of 120 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast