Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 120 1231151101 ... LastLast
    vCash

Orlando Magic Moves?

In the wake of a new GM we are no longer hearing ideas or rumors about what the Magic need to do to make this 3 year leap into contention work.
    1. Should we use our trade exceptions, and on who?
    2. Should we trade one or all of our assets? (Baby, Redick, Afflalo, Harrington, McRoberts, Nelson)
    3. Should we go after a mid level star? (Ellis, Gay, Jefferson, Evans, Cousins)
    4. Should we tank the season? (9 game stretch)
    5. If we do not get a pick in the top five should we trade and stock up for the 2014 draft. (said to be better than LeBron, Anthony, Wade, etc draft)

Place your well thought ideas below. What do you think our GM will do and what would you do. Let's go!
    Can I get all the non Bandwagon true fans to stand up?

vCash
    All of the above

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kkalu View Post
    In the wake of a new GM we are no longer hearing ideas or rumors about what the Magic need to do to make this 3 year leap into contention work.
    2. Should we trade one or all of our assets? (Baby, Redick, Afflalo, Harrington, McRoberts, Nelson)
    5. If we do not get a pick in the top five should we trade and stock up for the 2014 draft. (said to be better than LeBron, Anthony, Wade, etc draft)

Place your well thought ideas below. What do you think our GM will do and what would you do. Let's go!
    1. Only if it makes sense, which I doubt it will...most of the time it goes unused

2. I have the stance that there is no one on our current roster that I believe is the centerpiece of an organization, no one you are able to build around..so yes trade em all if you can..stock pile draft picks, young assets, build torward the future b/c we are not a year or two away...more like 4 or 5

3. I'd say NO! Because I don't want to be good enough to be a 6-8 seed at best and just missing the playoffs at worst..that's a great way to be medicore for a long time which is useless..I'd rather be terrible, build it up, and then be a great team for a long time

4. I don't think it's neccessarily tanking, we don't have the talent so we are going to be that bad...but to answer your question Yes

5. This is an interesting question and I think it will have a more clear answer in march...right now I don't see a clear cut 3-5 guys that you can pin point and say those are the best players and will be productive right away in the NBA...but I think time will tell as we see more of the college season

My basic thoughts on our team right now is we should tear it down completely and build it back up through the draft and then add pieces through FA to complete and fine tune the team...cap room in this league is huge and can quickly speed up a rebuilding process..but I believe a top 5 pick in at least 1 of the next 2 years is a must to start the rebuild

vCash

1. No
    2. Not trade all of our assets. I say hold onto Nelson and Afflalo for the time being and shop the rest. Harrington will be traded before next year. Redick should be traded at the deadline. I say use these to gain bench pieces. Or try and trade Redick for Marshon Brooks.
    3. No
    4. Yes
    5. Even if we get a top 7 pick, if we miss out on Shabazz or McLemore, then we need to take one of the two top PG's to get our PG of the future in Michael Carter-Williams or Marcus Smart. Have them learn behind Nelson, and then tank the following season in hopes to get the franchise changer, then have young pieces at every position and have a solid young core going forward
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    I say we draft Michael Carter-Williams or Marcus Smart this year in the first round and take Dough McDermott (if he comes out) in the second round. We get our PG of the future and a GREAT 3 point shooter (46% in college, 50% this year) off the bench.

Then next year, I'm assuming we get a top 7 pick as well, there are plenty of SG/SF available (hopefully we get a top 1-3 pick)...and we are set for the future

Carter-Williams/Smart
    Brooks (Trade Redick to the Nets for Brooks)
    Wiggins/Parker/Vonleh
    Nicholson
    Vucevic

With Solid bench pieces in McDermott/Harkless/Jones/Moore/O'Quinn

We have one of the youngest, if not youngest team in the NBA, loaded with potential. Go to wing player, do it all center, penetrating PG, scoring SG and a hustle PF. I would be thrilled with that future.
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    I'm not a big fan of Marshon Brooks, unlike some other people here. He pretty much did what Norris Cole did. He came out hot in his rookie season, cooled off plenty, and just hasn't put together that many impressive games since. I understand Brooks has a higher ceiling than Cole, but he's a high usage scorer, much in the mold of a Monta Ellis. I'm not into that kind of player.

I am, however, a big fan of Marcus Smart. Not for a top 5 pick, at least not right now, so if we're picking in the top 5 I do think we have much better options, but as of right now, where we're projected to pick (#6 or 7 I think?), I think he's decent value. Some have compared him to a James Harden, though I don't think that's quite fair because I don't think Smart has that kind of ceiling, but I do think he can be a good starter on a championship team. He's a good, strong passer with a pretty decent jump shot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by xRage10 View Post
    I'm not a big fan of Marshon Brooks, unlike some other people here. He pretty much did what Norris Cole did. He came out hot in his rookie season, cooled off plenty, and just hasn't put together that many impressive games since. I understand Brooks has a higher ceiling than Cole, but he's a high usage scorer, much in the mold of a Monta Ellis. I'm not into that kind of player.

I am, however, a big fan of Marcus Smart. Not for a top 5 pick, at least not right now, so if we're picking in the top 5 I do think we have much better options, but as of right now, where we're projected to pick (#6 or 7 I think?), I think he's decent value. Some have compared him to a James Harden, though I don't think that's quite fair because I don't think Smart has that kind of ceiling, but I do think he can be a good starter on a championship team. He's a good, strong passer with a pretty decent jump shot.
    I'm not saying Brooks is by any means a go to guy, but he can score and he can play some defense. He could very well be a 6th man type guy here like Redick, and we can just get a 3 point shooting guard (kind of like Redick) or a defensive stopper. Brooks is too talented to be getting no minutes on a stacked NJ team. He can't develop that way.

I think Marcus Smart has a chance to be a Russel Westbrook type player, except more of a bully. He is a solid kid with a ton of athletic ability. Plays some damn good defense, good on the boards and gets open shots for team mates. I think he'd make a very good complimentary player

vCash

1. Doubtful. The easiest way for us to use it would be to take on a bad contract, and subsequently get a draft pick with it. Draft picks are nice, bad contracts aren't. Odd's are it goes unused, though I wouldn't mind taking on a iffy contract for another lottery pick...ala Cleveland and the Baron Davis trade.
    2. We obviously won't move them all, but all of those guys should be shopped. I don't think any have long terms futures with the team. Picks/cap relief/younger players.
    3. Not too thrilled about those guys. It's too early to be going after those types of guys.
    4. Yes. Obviously.
    5. 2014 won't be better than that class, but it will be better than 2013. I think it's too early to speculate this, but having a higher pick next year probably will go a lot further. Ideally (and I'm not sure fans will have the patience), we keep struggling this year, sell off our bad contracts, don't splurge this off-season, remain at this level next year (with hopefully more youth) and then get another high draft pick next year. Two top 3-5 picks in back-to-back years is what I want most.

My plan:

Sell off as many people as we can this year. Free up money for the future. Don't go after any big free agents this year. Struggle next year, but with more youthful players. Be active in next year's draft...and then next year's FA.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRamForPrez24 View Post
    1. Doubtful. The easiest way for us to use it would be to take on a bad contract, and subsequently get a draft pick with it. Draft picks are nice, bad contracts aren't. Odd's are it goes unused, though I wouldn't mind taking on a iffy contract for another lottery pick...ala Cleveland and the Baron Davis trade.
    2. We obviously won't move them all, but all of those guys should be shopped. I don't think any have long terms futures with the team. Picks/cap relief/younger players.
    3. Not too thrilled about those guys. It's too early to be going after those types of guys.
    4. Yes. Obviously.
    5. 2014 won't be better than that class, but it will be better than 2013. I think it's too early to speculate this, but having a higher pick next year probably will go a lot further. Ideally (and I'm not sure fans will have the patience), we keep struggling this year, sell off our bad contracts, don't splurge this off-season, remain at this level next year (with hopefully more youth) and then get another high draft pick next year. Two top 3-5 picks in back-to-back years is what I want most.

My plan:

Sell off as many people as we can this year. Free up money for the future. Don't go after any big free agents this year. Struggle next year, but with more youthful players. Be active in next year's draft...and then next year's FA.
    You're definitely not the only one. Two get two top 5 talents and then potentially a big free agent could really push this team to the top faster. It just all depends on what players ultimately end up on the team by next season as to what I wish for this team to do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    I'm not saying Brooks is by any means a go to guy, but he can score and he can play some defense. He could very well be a 6th man type guy here like Redick, and we can just get a 3 point shooting guard (kind of like Redick) or a defensive stopper. Brooks is too talented to be getting no minutes on a stacked NJ team. He can't develop that way.

I think Marcus Smart has a chance to be a Russel Westbrook type player, except more of a bully. He is a solid kid with a ton of athletic ability. Plays some damn good defense, good on the boards and gets open shots for team mates. I think he'd make a very good complimentary player
    Not even just Magic fans. I rofl'ed so hard when NJ fans were ready to deem him the next Kobe Bryant. I understand that no one here thinks he'll be that, but some people seem to think he's guaranteed to be a multiple time all star, which I'm just unsure if he can become that personally.

I think even Westbrook is a stretch. I don't think anyone in this class has a chance to be a superstar, except MAYBE Muhammad if he starts pulling it together, but I don't think even he will be. I think Smart, though, has the best chance out of the PGs in this class to make a few All Star games. Just my 2 cents.

vCash
    Not even just Magic fans. I rofl'ed so hard when NJ fans were ready to deem him the next Kobe Bryant. I understand that no one here thinks he'll be that, but some people seem to think he's guaranteed to be a multiple time all star, which I'm just unsure if he can become that personally.

I think even Westbrook is a stretch. I don't think anyone in this class has a chance to be a superstar, except MAYBE Muhammad if he starts pulling it together, but I don't think even he will be. I think Smart, though, has the best chance out of the PGs in this class to make a few All Star games. Just my 2 cents.
    I'm not saying Smart is going to be Westbrook. I'm saying he has the exact same game as him. Explosive, solid rebounded for a PG, plays pretty good defense, can fall in love with his shot at times. I think Smart can be a very solid complimentary player. He isn't a guy I'd build a franchise around, but I like the idea of putting him around a stud player like Wiggins or Parker for sure.

And Brooks, I just see a solid player. Not really an all-star player, but a guy who can be a spark, whether it be off the bench or in the starting line up. I see him being a Crawford/Jr Smith type player, just not an idiot like Smith lol

vCash

I swear u ask the dumbest questions, and made a thread of nonsense

1. On who? It's no one worth it let it become space.
    2. Trade them all
    3. Hell no
    4. Hell yes
    5. Hell yes fool
    and with the 12th pick, The New York Football Giants select ......Odell Beckham Jr, Wide Reciever from Louisana State University

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicBucsSox View Post
    I swear u ask the dumbest questions, and made a thread of nonsense

1. On who? It's no one worth it let it become space.
    2. Trade them all
    3. Hell no
    4. Hell yes
    5. Hell yes fool
    Umm, then don't post? It's incredibly simple, even for someone like you. I surmise he's asking because he wants to know/doesn't know. He can ask if he likes, and you can shut up if you'd like.
    Magic. Red Sox. Colts. Knights.

vCash

They said the same of Courtney lee, yes that one.
    and with the 12th pick, The New York Football Giants select ......Odell Beckham Jr, Wide Reciever from Louisana State University

vCash
    Cj Mccullum is still my #2 guy . Gonna be a huge steal.

Page 1 of 120 1231151101 ... LastLast