Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Forearm Pain

vCash

Forearm Pain

I've been getting some serious pains in the forearms recently, the day after lifting. I assumed it was because it wasnt stretching well enough.. any suggestions? Maybe its from something else or do you guys have any better suggestions on stretching my forearms
    Props to LowSpark and Elements
    Green Bay PackersPhiladelphia FlyersChicago White SoxNew Orleans Hornets

vCash
    Could be too many curls or you are still relatively new to lifting. Either way you are definitely doing too much.

vCash
    inside or outside of your form arms

i would agree with above post

vCash
    I guess im still relatively new. I worked out for like 4 months, then had knee surgery and took a while off. now ive been back in the gym for probably 3 months. So, you think i should just cut down on the number of curls?

and the pain is on the outside
    Props to LowSpark and Elements
    Green Bay PackersPhiladelphia FlyersChicago White SoxNew Orleans Hornets

vCash
    yes

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BKdoubleStacker View Post
    Could be too many curls or you are still relatively new to lifting. Either way you are definitely doing too much.
    This!

Happened to me many years ago too
    You Too Can Achieve This When You Visit The Fitness Forum!

vCash
    Just a generic question I've been wondering about: is it better to power through a work out if your body's still sore from the previous work out, or give yourself an extra day's rest? (assuming you're lifting the same body part that day..)

"Last year, we earned respect, but this year we want fear. We want quarterbacks to fear us, and we want offensive lines to fear us." --Ndamokung Suh

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by levignjw View Post
    Just a generic question I've been wondering about: is it better to power through a work out if your body's still sore from the previous work out, or give yourself an extra day's rest? (assuming you're lifting the same body part that day..)
    The body needs time to heal and recover. I'd give it a days rest or so.
    You Too Can Achieve This When You Visit The Fitness Forum!

vCash
    You wont grow if you dont rest. So many people dont get it

vCash
    Depends on what you want to build. For power you need to rest.

vCash
    I figured, but for the longest time now I feel like after every damn leg work out, I’m sore for 2-3 days. This poses a problem cause I’m running an upper-lower split. Ideally I’ll hit this 4x per week, but more often it is only 3.

This week I went Mon – lower, Tues – upper, Thurs – lower, Fri – upper.

I’ve been doing legs pretty consistently now for 2-3 months, so you would think my body would start to adjust, but I was walking like I sat on a dildo all night yesterday. I still powered through my leg work out (which I guess maybe I shouldn’t of done), but still struggling to see why I get so sore (I know some of it has to do with the xmas break, but it was still happening prior).

My upper isn’t nearly as bad, usually don’t have any issues.

"Last year, we earned respect, but this year we want fear. We want quarterbacks to fear us, and we want offensive lines to fear us." --Ndamokung Suh

vCash
    I figured, but for the longest time now I feel like after every damn leg work out, Iím sore for 2-3 days. This poses a problem cause Iím running an upper-lower split. Ideally Iíll hit this 4x per week, but more often it is only 3.

This week I went Mon Ė lower, Tues Ė upper, Thurs Ė lower, Fri Ė upper.

Iíve been doing legs pretty consistently now for 2-3 months, so you would think my body would start to adjust, but I was walking like I sat on a dildo all night yesterday. I still powered through my leg work out (which I guess maybe I shouldnít of done), but still struggling to see why I get so sore (I know some of it has to do with the xmas break, but it was still happening prior).

My upper isnít nearly as bad, usually donít have any issues.
    can you post some of your workouts? Are you getting enough sleep?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BKdoubleStacker View Post
    can you post some of your workouts? Are you getting enough sleep?
    Basically just been following Lyle McDonald's bulking routine : http://www.jcdfitness.com/2009/01/ly...lking-routine/

On my off day(s) may throw in some cardio/body weight lifts. And I typically get around 7 hours of sleep during the week, so I'd say yes.

vCash
    Take Some stretch, Do Some Warm ups, Some kind of jogging or jumping is also good.

vCash
    I figured, but for the longest time now I feel like after every damn leg work out, Iím sore for 2-3 days. This poses a problem cause Iím running an upper-lower split. Ideally Iíll hit this 4x per week, but more often it is only 3.

This week I went Mon Ė lower, Tues Ė upper, Thurs Ė lower, Fri Ė upper.

Iíve been doing legs pretty consistently now for 2-3 months, so you would think my body would start to adjust, but I was walking like I sat on a dildo all night yesterday. I still powered through my leg work out (which I guess maybe I shouldnít of done), but still struggling to see why I get so sore (I know some of it has to do with the xmas break, but it was still happening prior).

My upper isnít nearly as bad, usually donít have any issues.
    You should be getting 2-3 days of rest anyways. If it's not working out then change your split or stretch pre and post workout.
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast