Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 52
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    5,291
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    2007 personnel and 2013s are no where even close

    last time i checked you cant be a top 20 offense with no qb no wrs no te

    they have a halfway decent line and a decent rb thats about it
    Derek Anderson at QB, Braylon Edwards their best WR, Kellen Winslow at TE...

    How are those guys doing these days? I'm sure no one on the Browns or that the Browns could bring in could ever imagine having their kind of talent.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    9,784
    vCash
    1500
    So let me gets this straight, every fan of an NFC South team thinks this is a joke either because Norv isn't going to Carolina, Chud degressed Cam somehow this year or because they were last in the NFC South this past year in offensive statistics. I guess I will take their word for it. smh. Also Bucs fans you guys interviewed Chud too last year before deciding on Greg so I don't see whats so funny. I guess you hate your FO and Owner though for even the thought of Chud as a HC?

    All the other rationale individuals on this thread actually don't mind the pick and unlike Shurmur previously who was hired because of his Uncle the Browns finally actually picked a HC candidate because he warranted to obtain a HC'ing job in the league. Bring in good Coordinators with him which apperantly its going to be Norv on the offense and Mel Tucker on the defensive side and I dont see what the humor is all about besides assinine peoples book by the cover judgement of anything the Browns do which I guess form the past 13 years can be warranted. As a cautious Browns fan I am in wait and see mode but I can't hate on the pick too much.

    This Guy is Ready!!!

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    43,279
    vCash
    7100
    Quote Originally Posted by The Jokemaker View Post
    Other articles discussing his attitude problems:

    http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...4136--nfl.html

    http://www.baltimorebeatdown.com/201...-by-cam-newton

    http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2..._cam_newt.html

    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...ton/index.html

    So yeah, it is more than just one instance and a concern people have about the guy and not just some issue people on PSD are making up.
    First off, that Don Banks article is ****ing ********. I read that when it came out, and it's a load of ****. You'll notice no one wrote ******** like that after the season. It's easy to hit a good player when his team is playing horribly. The stuff about the Pro Bowl...who gives a ****? It's the ****ing Pro Bowl. Who takes it seriously? And furthermore, the way Cam acts in a press conference, win or lose, has nothing to do with his ability as a football player. It's an excuse for national media to harp on a polarizing character and get hits. Not much more.

    Quote Originally Posted by prodigy View Post
    Cam Newton did cry alot, When he should be talking to his teammates after bad plays he was often seen sitting by himself with the baby face on. I love Cam, but he still needs to learn to be a leader. Which not sure if that can be tought. He'll be fine though, great talent and really good QB.
    Do you have proof of this outside of the Giants game, or...?

    Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    ^^^^He's absolutely blind I've been through this run around with him before. I actually like to be knowledgable and have watched numerous Cam Newton 2012 Press Conferences.

    I actually quoted and gave him links before, he makes up excuses.

    @Homestar if your as big a Carolina fan as you act you know what we're all talking about. Cam sulking on the sidelines, pouting, towel over his head. Press conferences where he shows he doesnt wanna be up there, doesn't wanna explain himself or his play. The idea box thing. The fact that Steve Smith got in his face after I believe the Giants game. Cam said and I quote

    ^^Giants Post Game Press Conference

    Ron Rivera has no real control over Cam or Steve or anyone else. Neither did Rob or those very un-professional things wouldn't have happened.

    The fact is Carolina has more tools than Cleveland, what can he possibly do with this offense? Bill Parcells at HC with Belichick as his DC and Sean Payton as his OC couldn't turn this team around right now IMO. That division is too tough and they are lacking in talent and building strategy.
    You can't prove any of this outside of the stuff about the Giants game. You're making **** up to try and prove a point. People see him upset at the end of the Giants game, then project that one instance as a generality across the entire season. It's a crock of made-up ********, and you know it whether you'll admit it or not. Cam always has the towel over his head regardless by the way, he's explained this before as an homage to Michael Jordan. But you're too ignorant to understand that, I guess.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    2,096
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ottograham14 View Post
    So let me gets this straight, every fan of an NFC South team thinks this is a joke either because Norv isn't going to Carolina, Chud degressed Cam somehow this year or because they were last in the NFC South this past year in offensive statistics. I guess I will take their word for it. smh. Also Bucs fans you guys interviewed Chud too last year before deciding on Greg so I don't see whats so funny. I guess you hate your FO and Owner though for even the thought of Chud as a HC?

    All the other rationale individuals on this thread actually don't mind the pick and unlike Shurmur previously who was hired because of his Uncle the Browns finally actually picked a HC candidate because he warranted to obtain a HC'ing job in the league. Bring in good Coordinators with him which apperantly its going to be Norv on the offense and Mel Tucker on the defensive side and I dont see what the humor is all about besides assinine peoples book by the cover judgement of anything the Browns do which I guess form the past 13 years can be warranted. As a cautious Browns fan I am in wait and see mode but I can't hate on the pick too much.
    Chud is great at designing plays, he really is. Some really nice plays that just make you say wow...he just doesn't know when to call them. When you have a trio of running backs like Williams, Stewart and Tolbert and your lead rusher is your QB then something is off. He literally would not allow Cam Newton to call audibles and his stubborn affinity for the option cost the Panthers at least two games (it could be debated even more) and there were grubmlings from several players (Cam, Smitty, D-Will, Gross) about the play calling (and I assure you the media, the announcers, the fans everyone knew it was bad). However, once Rivera told him loosen the reigns a little bit the Panthers ended the season on a nice stretch on offense. I'm not saying he'll be terrible or great, but I can honestly say I'm not sad to see him go.


    Please visit the PSD forum home of the Carolina Panthers

    Enter the Forum Home of the Carolina Panthers

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    43,279
    vCash
    7100
    Quote Originally Posted by ottograham14 View Post
    So let me gets this straight, every fan of an NFC South team thinks this is a joke either because Norv isn't going to Carolina, Chud degressed Cam somehow this year or because they were last in the NFC South this past year in offensive statistics. I guess I will take their word for it. smh. Also Bucs fans you guys interviewed Chud too last year before deciding on Greg so I don't see whats so funny. I guess you hate your FO and Owner though for even the thought of Chud as a HC?

    All the other rationale individuals on this thread actually don't mind the pick and unlike Shurmur previously who was hired because of his Uncle the Browns finally actually picked a HC candidate because he warranted to obtain a HC'ing job in the league. Bring in good Coordinators with him which apperantly its going to be Norv on the offense and Mel Tucker on the defensive side and I dont see what the humor is all about besides assinine peoples book by the cover judgement of anything the Browns do which I guess form the past 13 years can be warranted. As a cautious Browns fan I am in wait and see mode but I can't hate on the pick too much.
    I never said it was a joke. I don't think it's a horrible hire, but it isn't a great one either. Chud is a very bright offensive mind, but he's not a great play-caller. He is the biggest reason the offense bogged down at the beginning of the year. He stuck with a zone read-heavy offense for weeks and weeks after it was obvious that it wasn't working. That was a mistake.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,193
    vCash
    1500
    I'm glad to see some new guys get a shot at some of the head coaching positions...

    He might have a good offensive mind, but lets see what kind of team manager he is? Will he give play calling and the offense to a coordinator or will he be doing double duty as head coach and offensive playcaller?

    Every time I think about new head coaches and what they did for the team, I think about a guy like Raheem Morris. Morris was a very good defensive coach and knew the game inside and out. But what I think got him in trouble was the lack of trust he had for the coaches on the defensive side of the ball. A head coach can only do so much so I hope Chudzinski realizes this and trusts his guys to make him look good.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    43,279
    vCash
    7100
    Quote Originally Posted by Stinkyoutsider View Post
    I'm glad to see some new guys get a shot at some of the head coaching positions...

    He might have a good offensive mind, but lets see what kind of team manager he is? Will he give play calling and the offense to a coordinator or will he be doing double duty as head coach and offensive playcaller?

    Every time I think about new head coaches and what they did for the team, I think about a guy like Raheem Morris. Morris was a very good defensive coach and knew the game inside and out. But what I think got him in trouble was the lack of trust he had for the coaches on the defensive side of the ball. A head coach can only do so much so I hope Chudzinski realizes this and trusts his guys to make him look good.
    This is so true. You can speculate on HC candidates and whatnot, but you never really know what the guy has until he steps foot on the field as a HC.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    9,784
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by JakeDelbreezy View Post
    Chud is great at designing plays, he really is. Some really nice plays that just make you say wow...he just doesn't know when to call them. When you have a trio of running backs like Williams, Stewart and Tolbert and your lead rusher is your QB then something is off. He literally would not allow Cam Newton to call audibles and his stubborn affinity for the option cost the Panthers at least two games (it could be debated even more) and there were grubmlings from several players (Cam, Smitty, D-Will, Gross) about the play calling (and I assure you the media, the announcers, the fans everyone knew it was bad). However, once Rivera told him loosen the reigns a little bit the Panthers ended the season on a nice stretch on offense. I'm not saying he'll be terrible or great, but I can honestly say I'm not sad to see him go.
    Quote Originally Posted by homestarunner93 View Post
    I never said it was a joke. I don't think it's a horrible hire, but it isn't a great one either. Chud is a very bright offensive mind, but he's not a great play-caller. He is the biggest reason the offense bogged down at the beginning of the year. He stuck with a zone read-heavy offense for weeks and weeks after it was obvious that it wasn't working. That was a mistake.
    I get what both or your are saying but he is no longer a OC but a HC. Now it is still yet to be seen if he is going to be a HC that calls the plays still but more than likely if he is bringing on an Offensive Coordinator with the resume of Norv Turner as rumored wouldn't you imagine that Turner is the one going to be calling the plays with the game plan throughout the week drawn up from both to be executed on Sunday. I can't see Turner coming here just to be a talking head. After his PC I have a feeling that he is going to be more a Tomlin guy that oversees all aspects of the game while allowing his coordinators to still work through him but him not controlling every little decision on what gets called in game.

    Thank you guys for your insight though, but alot of what you guys are saying was the same feeling I had when he left Cleveland and that it wasn't the end of the world to see him leave. Hopefully he can progress as a HC now.

    This Guy is Ready!!!

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    5,193
    vCash
    1437
    Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    2007 personnel and 2013s are no where even close

    last time i checked you cant be a top 20 offense with no qb no wrs no te

    they have a halfway decent line and a decent rb thats about it
    The 2013 Browns look a lot better than the 2007 Browns. The most talented part of the 2007 Browns were the play at QB, WR1, and TE.

    Weeden >or= Anderson
    WRs aren't looking to be as good as Braylon Edwards in 07, but maybe he was just from the system.
    I like Benjamin Watson more than I ever liked Winslow.
    The OL is absolutely solid, plus they have a young HB coming off of a respectable rookie season.
    The defense is better than when he was there in 07.

    They obviously won't finish any better than third, but they're also in the toughest division in the NFL.

    Quote Originally Posted by bigtime1957 View Post
    Unbelievable: Here Is a Guy who coached here twice, Got fired twice, Stunk as a coach, The Teams he has coached on were all losers, And yet fools believe a Loser can make a Team Worse then it is already, Fact Is It Is Not Him, It Is The New ownership Is A Failure, This Guy migt Be a good one with more practice, But This ownership Blew There first act of ownership. That is what should PISS EVERYONE OFF!! This Has Turned Into a Joke, fact Is They r saying what is more funny the Mistake on the Lake or Browns New ownership? Oh Wait There 2 of the same.
    Well, the last time the Browns were relevant, he was the OC making Derrick Anderson look like the next Tom Brady, and Braylon Edwards looking like Randy Moss in his prime...

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Amidst A Giants Dynasty: 3in5
    Posts
    33,060
    vCash
    1279
    Quote Originally Posted by torrance View Post
    As a closet Browns fan, I hope he does well. Improve that offense, Chud.
    x2.


    Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

    lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana


    Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Seatown
    Posts
    8,574
    vCash
    1500
    The Browns may win a few more games by bringing in Norv Turner as the OC, but I don't see a huge turn around in the coming years.
    He felt that one



    Bye Bye Haters



    KNICKS SEAHAWKS RANGERS MARINERS

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Ilion, NY
    Posts
    7,926
    vCash
    1500
    Let's ask some real questions.

    Does he last more than 3 years?
    I highly doubt he will, they'll have top 10 picks all 3 years and prob. finish 4th in the division every year.

    How many games does he win in 3 years?
    No more than 15(5 a year) I think it will be more around 4 a year...so 10-12 if he lasts 3 years.

    Does someone here think he wins the division for them or even makes the playoffs during his tenure?

    We Want Winston

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    5,193
    vCash
    1437
    Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    Let's ask some real questions.

    Does he last more than 3 years?
    I highly doubt he will, they'll have top 10 picks all 3 years and prob. finish 4th in the division every year.

    How many games does he win in 3 years?
    No more than 15(5 a year) I think it will be more around 4 a year...so 10-12 if he lasts 3 years.

    Does someone here think he wins the division for them or even makes the playoffs during his tenure?
    No, but that's hard to expect anyone to turn that franchise into a division competitor, especially given that the Ravens and Steelers are perennial competitors, and Cincinnati is becoming a perennial WC competitor. I think if Chud can get 6 wins he'll have done a good job.

    On paper, they're 0-6 in the division next season, at best 1-3 vs NFC North, at best 2-2 vs AFC East, and at best 2-0 vs JAX and KC. Realistically, they're a 3-5 win team. If he can have the Browns get an 8 win season by year 3, they just about have to re-sign him. The Browns going 8-8 would have to be like the SB to their unfortunate loyal fans.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    218
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    No, but that's hard to expect anyone to turn that franchise into a division competitor, especially given that the Ravens and Steelers are perennial competitors, and Cincinnati is becoming a perennial WC competitor. I think if Chud can get 6 wins he'll have done a good job.

    On paper, they're 0-6 in the division next season, at best 1-3 vs NFC North, at best 2-2 vs AFC East, and at best 2-0 vs JAX and KC. Realistically, they're a 3-5 win team. If he can have the Browns get an 8 win season by year 3, they just about have to re-sign him. The Browns going 8-8 would have to be like the SB to their unfortunate loyal fans.
    Haha, thanks for making me laugh, you obviously have never watched the Browns nor looked at their roster...so we go 2-4 in the division this year, but 0-6 next? 5 of our losses were by 7 pts or less, our pt differential wasn't indicative of our record. with a new HC, OC and DC, hopefully we'll be able to pull out the close games next year

    Every analyst and educated fan agrees, the Browns are up and coming, we will only get better with the draft and free agency (~48 mil in cap space), were are closer than we have been in a long time, theres a great chance the Browns will be 8-8 next year, but you Mr. Expert have them only getting worse and being .500 in the 3rd yr under Chud, don't make me laugh and dont quit your dayjob, really getting sick of these uneducated fools talking about the Browns like they know anything
    "What is dead may never die."

    Browns - Cavs - Indians - Buckeyes - Cardinals - Bills - Sabres

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    26,051
    vCash
    500
    Wonder if this stunts Cam's growth.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •