Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JNev View Post
    People wanna say they just see Henne is a better QB, and I laugh at that. Watching henne is just as painful if not more because of how little upside he has

Also I'll go back to another point I had. If we start gabbert and he blows, then we're in position to get another impact guy, probably at QB. If he improves and shows something then that's great. We start henne and this season has 5-11 written all over it. We lose MJD and get a mediocre draft pick. I sincerely hope no one on here thinks Henne is taking any team any where of importance
    gabbert sucks as a qb. he plays a bit timid and doesnt make reads well and checks it down way too much. judging on how even guys who were more raw than him coming in(Kaepernick for example same class coming out of the pistol) are doing better. theres no way shape or Form that gabbert magically turns into this franchise qb.

the offense with Gabbert was 2-3 Good Drives a game.
    with henne the offense atleast looked like it was Possibley playoff worthy.

ill go back to another point. we play the game to win and you play the qb who gives you the better chance to win games. Henne is clearly that player based on our offense and how Injury Prone Blaine is. Henne can cut down on the ints by not being asked to throw the ball 40 plus times a game with a Healthy MJD or any rb provided the defense does its job(it did in spurts holding the pats in check).

The Future Jacksonville Jaguars Power Couple

#InCaldwellWeDon'tTrust

vCash

Caldwell Presser

So you think Henne is a SB QB? If not there's literally no point to starting him. He has no upside, and sitting Blaine is just asinine at this point, knowing what we have in Chad.

Also saying Blaine can't become a franchise QB off of like 7 games this year is kinda premature imo and I can hardly fault him for last seasons embarrassment. Alex Smith was infinitely worse than Blaine his first few years and now we have people clamping to trade for him. I swear people are so spoiled by the immediate successes of recent 1st rd picks they don't realize everyone doesn't start off that hot
    The Future of The Jacksonville Jaguars
    Duuuuuuuvvvvaaaaaaaalllll

vCash
    So you think Henne is a SB QB? If not there's literally no point to starting him. He has no upside, and sitting Blaine is just asinine at this point, knowing what we have in Chad.

Also saying Blaine can't become a franchise QB off of like 7 games this year is kinda premature imo and I can hardly fault him for last seasons embarrassment. Alex Smith was infinitely worse than Blaine his first few years and now we have people clamping to trade for him. I swear people are so spoiled by the immediate successes of recent 1st rd picks they don't realize everyone doesn't start off that hot
    These guys can't get it into their tiny brains that Khan/Caldwell/New Coach are starting out on a five year rebuilding plan. If the team has significant success prior to that, great, but there will be no serious accounting done until four years from now in terms of performance. You don't start out on a serious rebuilding program with a middle aged journeyman quarterback.

vCash

i think with the weopons on offense henne could be a SB qb but its up to the defense to do its work.

i judged blaine of both years of work. he checks it down more than he goes long. its like he doesnt trust him arm like most top qbs do. theres lil upside to starting a qb who probably needs to sit a year -year and half and allow the coaching staff to build him up and develop him before throwing him out here with our decent(im using that term loosely cuz honestly everyone but monroe is replaceable as far as im concerned.) outside of Monroe, Rackley, Brewsterm Bradfield we dont have any good prospects.

i think its better for Blaine to actually sit and learn how to play QB instead of getting injured again since this team is on the 5 year plan. give gabbert a year or 2 of learning the offense and yes let him challenge henne but if they play about the same go start chad so we dont risk messing him up with our oline.

#InCaldwellWeDon'tTrust

vCash
    Gabbert starting catching fire b4 he got hurt

Henne is as good as he's gonna get

while Gabbert is still the age of rookies

So in that case out of the guys we have

Gabbert>Henne

But i cant wait to see what other qb we get to battle Gabbert

If he dosent impress us then he's out , its that simple

Big Ben?Naw much better

The Future Of Jacksonville

vCash
    http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2013/1/...own-jets-offer

According to Peter King of Sports Illustrated, Caldwell left a nice bonus from the Jets on the table:

Included in the New York Jets' contract package being prepared for David Caldwell last Monday -- the day the club gave him a tour of the area and was wooing him to be the team's next general manager -- was a $1 million housing allowance.

In the annals of Perks Given to NFL General Managers, I would say that takes the cake.
    Last edited by TDjacksonville; 01-15-2013 at 07:58 PM.

#InCaldwellWeDon'tTrust

vCash
    Whenever someone brings up how Jacksonville is such an unattractive place to go, I will definitely bring that up. Heard that the other day and just smiled. Isn't quite the same between a GM and a player, but still.

vCash
    Kinda funny how NY is the center of attention and JAX is more desirable

Also, do you guys use JAX or JAC to abbreviate us? I go back and forth sometimes

vCash
    JAX- mainly because thats what the airport goes by and jax jags sounds better than jac jags

vCash
    I always remember I noticed Fox would always use JAX and CBS would use JAC. Now I think both use JAC

vCash
    Yeah, I mainly use JAX, I don't really know why to be honest. I think the right abbreviation is JAC like the networks show like you mentioned.

vCash
    i use jax

Big Ben?Naw much better

The Future Of Jacksonville

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345