Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    vCash
    i really dont understand GMZ this offseason. the morales trade was great but even still he hasnt done anything to replace vargas yet. majority of moves and pursuits have been mind boggling.

vCash
    I'm not sure that adding Walker kills the deal for me.

vCash
    In a one for one i think id be good. But Walker with all that other stuff makes it a tough one for me

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by A.Mopp View Post
    if we want to use Walker as a headliner fine. but it better be for something epic like a Stanton type
    thats what im saying. ive been all about getting a bat, but really preferred it in FA. i cant wait for a felix, walker, hultzen, erasmo/paxton rotation

its weird how during the offseason perceptions can sway... i was gung ho for hamilton and against swisher (pretty strongly), but seeing his price drop, he woulda been a great snag at $60m (can slide from RF or 1b), to match w/ morales....and be able to keep all the specs.

we still need that complementary/MOTO bat but i really REALLY dont want to part with walker for it. just aim for kubel, morneau, hart, morse or someone i guess. im kinda thinking we dont add anyone tell maybe in-season.

vCash
    I am glad Upton rejected this i don't include Walker for any hitter except Stanton like Mopp said.

3 years of Upton for Walker,Franklin plus whatever the two players were going to be would of been like that Bedard trade that Bavasi did.
    Last edited by NateyB24; 01-11-2013 at 01:34 AM.

Just about that action boss.

vCash
    I am glad this got shot down too. Paxton? Okay, Walker? **** you

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Seattle4Ever View Post
    Actually, if the pitcher is Paxton then that's the best part of the trade

That's also a highway robbery.
    Man, don't sleep on Paxton. I'm tellin you guys.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FWBrodie View Post
    Its makes it easier for us to handle losing Paxton because of his control issues but Brodie is right Randy Johnson was like this all over the place until he learned how to pitch from Nolan Ryan.

Just about that action boss.

vCash
    If Walker is the headliner then that changes everything. Hmph. I don't know how I feel about it. I know he could turn out to be nothing but man, he has all the potential in the world to be the next Felix.

Quote Originally Posted by FWBrodie View Post
    I realize he's still a monster but as of right now he's looking like a reliever until he develops a third + pitch.
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LegendaRyan View Post
    Something seems fishy to me. Is it customary to announce the players that would have been traded in a cancelled trade? I can't imagine team officials coming out and saying "yea, we were going to trade so and so, but it fell through."

Deals have always stayed quiet until Z has gotten them done. Why was this near deal so... loud?
    When deals of this magnitude start getting close phones calls start getting made, scouts start being called, agents, etc.

vCash
    well since this is dead, is Ethier +45mill for Smoak/Shippers/Wilson back on?

vCash
    I really am glad upton rejected. Walker should be exclusive in trying for Stanton n nothin more.

Playstation 3 handle: Ryde4Life

vCash

****ing Seattle fans, man.

Quote Originally Posted by Seattle fans
    We suck! Our GM is lazy! He didn't try for any big name free agents! We need a hitter!
    -Upton blocks trade-

Quote Originally Posted by Seattle fans
    Whew. Glad he comes that trade. He sucks! Jack saved his job! Upton is Erik Bedard
    Jesus Christ guys. This is ****ing spot on in regards to Seattle fans.

You cannot land an impact bat without giving up talent. This fair weather, indecisive ******** is annoying. Walker and all of those guys is an overpay. But Stanton is a ****in pipe dream and a waste of time to talk about right now. Justin Upton is not chopped liver and I think people in Seattle are severely under rating him.
    I'm In.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LegendaRyan View Post
    Something seems fishy to me. Is it customary to announce the players that would have been traded in a cancelled trade? I can't imagine team officials coming out and saying "yea, we were going to trade so and so, but it fell through."

Deals have always stayed quiet until Z has gotten them done. Why was this near deal so... loud?
    You are correct in defining the 'cone of silence' that covers most trades until they are either done or close to done.

This trade is not like most.. The high profile nature of the deal has the agents for all party's interests piqued and they are the source of the information being leaked. In the entertainment business, any publicity is good publicity. For Justin Upton, a high profile rejection of four well thought of prospects raises his value in two ways. 1.) He can stay home and make the claim he loves his team and teammates. A good team guy!! (yeah, right).. and 2.) By rejecting the trade proposal, he can look at becoming the next $ 20 MM man through an extension right now. In short, the agent is manipulating the media to make his client look good.. The fans, in this case, are willing dupes to the game being played.. Hopefully, a trade DOES get done. The M's having J-Up in the OF would be another step up for this off season.

A comment on the content of the trade: the inclusion of Taijuan Walker was surprising.

vCash
    I'd probably see if I could include Hultzen and someone else instead of Walker.
    I'm In.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast