Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: who is currently the over all better player.

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • CALDERON

15 28.85%
  • LOWRY

33 63.46%
  • after weighing pro's and con's I find them to be equal.

4 7.69%
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    there are no credible sources stating that he did such thing.

most players would be disgruntled with 17 mins of playing time. specially if they averaged 14.6 ppg 4.8 rpg & 6 apg and probably are the most talented player on that team.

we gave him a small sample size of games as a starter when he was brand spanking new to the team and because he didnt produce wins right away he gets benched and given limited playing time coming back from an injury he had no control over?

thats a really short leash. i dont even think lowry cares if he is the starting pg as long as he gets his mins at either gaurd position and plays. you cant blame a player for wanting to play. specially if he is showing that he is a coachable player and is trying to do every thing the coaching staff is asking of him. thats not imaturity. thats frustration.
    That's true. But as a person, I could tell that his body language since coming back has been something else (way far from the norm). All I'm saying is why change something that is working. I'm pretty sure, if we got blown out against PHI, Lowry would be starting the next game. Casey is just riding who's playing well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by deaner View Post

I agree Lowry is the better player on paper. On the floor Jose is the better team player.... Jose seems to have extra gears he switches to when needed to keep his job. The way it's going I think he could out perform CP3 to keep starting in Toronto. If only Jose had a spark in his eye that this team could truly contend. I bet you see an Olympic performance from him down the stretch.
    why does calderon need that insentive though ?

why cant he give us the same performances with out with another guy competing for his starting role ? if he did that we woudnt need to go and give up picks for a guy like lowry.

losing that pick and watching lowry play 17 mins last game + calderon expiring and could very well sign somewhere else = super duper frustration for me as a fan.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mjt20mik View Post
    That's true. But as a person, I could tell that his body language since coming back has been something else (way far from the norm). All I'm saying is why change something that is working. I'm pretty sure, if we got blown out against PHI, Lowry would be starting the next game. Casey is just riding who's playing well.
    because calderon has been here what 8 seasons ? if he is indeed working why go after pg's in the off season and give up a pick for lowry ? does that not drive you bananas ?

what does working mean exactly ? beating teams under 500 ?? finishing 10th in the east ? to me thats not called working. that is a simple case of calderon having more experience in this system and more experience with his team mates and familiarity. plus calderon being the inferior defender is put in a the line up with better defenders around him.

if lowry was just as familiar with the system and team mates whos to say he couldnt work out for us just the same if not better ? what if lowry got to start with the better defenders in amir and ed ? is it possible that it could have better results then having him in the starting line up with bargs and jonas ?
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 01-10-2013 at 07:45 PM.

vCash
    because calderon has been here what 8 seasons ? if he is indeed working why give up a pick for lowry ? does that not drive you bananas ?
    It does. I would love to see him traded now, just because he's at his peak. At the same point, I'm not really sure what to expect from Kyle. Even from his interview (saying he wants to start, and doesn't want to come off the bench), he doesn't seem like a team first guy. I agree that he could be the pg for now, but I wouldn't mind looking around for another guy.

I really wish we got a guy like Lillard. Dude is gonna be a stud for a very long time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mjt20mik View Post
    It does. I would love to see him traded now, just because he's at his peak. At the same point, I'm not really sure what to expect from Kyle. Even from his interview (saying he wants to start, and doesn't want to come off the bench), he doesn't seem like a team first guy. I agree that he could be the pg for now, but I wouldn't mind looking around for another guy.

I really wish we got a guy like Lillard. Dude is gonna be a stud for a very long time.
    which interview was that ? he actually said that ?

vCash
    jose is a coaches dream and lowry a coaches nightmare. that's why Jose always rises back to the top.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    ink i am just curious what type of pg would you like and who would it be?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    jose is a coaches dream and lowry a coaches nightmare. that's why Jose always rises back to the top.
    why is lowry a coaches night mare ? thats a strong statement. id like to know what makes you think that about him.

Also why cant jose consistently perfrom this way so that we dont try to find a replacement in the offseason and waste a pick on lowry?? bayless would have been a cheaper option to back up calderon and we could have kept our pick...
    if jose is the answer why keep trying to replace him and wasting assets in doing so ? this is what bothers me most.
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 01-10-2013 at 08:22 PM.

vCash
    The Raps have wasted a lot of money and assets trying to upgrade a position that is full of talent. Use them both to get better players at other positions or draft picks. Every offseason there is a decent pg that can be picked up for a cheap contract.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bramaca View Post
    The Raps have wasted a lot of money and assets trying to upgrade a position that is full of talent. Use them both to get better players at other positions or draft picks. Every offseason there is a decent pg that can be picked up for a cheap contract.
    this is very frustraiting for me ... to see assets go and watch talent get burried.

we could have kept the assets and just stuck with calderon in the first place and saved money on a cheaper back up pg like bayless.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    I really don't even see why. Neither player is the future and people are really arguing about nothing.

Who cares if you're the best backup level PG? Why get so worked up about players that probably won't be here in 2 years.
    because we gave up a pick for one of those guys. we could have easily kept bayless as a cheaper back up for calderon so were wasting money too. so i care because it shows that

a) were not upgrading and were wasting assets + money

b) when we do attain a player who could be an upgrade were not giving him a fair chance over the guy who has been here several years and gave us a reason to try and replace him in the first place.

vCash
    theres only one thing i don't like about him and thats his playing style makes him a concern for injury. the dude was a beast at the start of the season he is much better than calderon imo.. not even a close call for me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    I really don't even see why. Neither player is the future and people are really arguing about nothing.

Who cares if you're the best backup level PG? Why get so worked up about players that probably won't be here in 2 years.
    lowry is only 26 and imo definitely isn't a backup level pg hes a top ten 10 pg maybe not now since he injuries but top ten easily when healthy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BHF View Post
    ink i am just curious what type of pg would you like and who would it be?
    See the next quote below. I like a highly efficient PG like Mark Price who could do it all. I don't expect a lot of D out of a PG but that puts pressure on the big men, who have to be rock solid. You can't have a weak defensive PG and a stretch 4 as we've found out.

Quote Originally Posted by Bramaca View Post
    I'm coming around to this given the failures of trying to improve this position for so long. I think BC was spoiled by flashy types like Marbury, Kidd, and Nash, and that changed his thinking about the importance of the position. Also, the league has swung heavily toward PGs as dominant players. Frankly, I'd like to see more attack and defence out of the other 4 positions. That's one of the reasons why I've never had a problem with Jose. I think our problems have also been elsewhere on the roster, especially at the 3 and with our bigs.

because we gave up a pick for one of those guys. we could have easily kept bayless as a cheaper back up for calderon so were wasting money too. so i care because ...
    I have no issue at with you caring. My problem is that IMO we wasted an asset on the wrong PG. It's early and I'm happy to be wrong (it happens all the time ) but so far Lowry has not been worth the pick we've given up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bucketss View Post
    theres only one thing i don't like about him and thats his playing style makes him a concern for injury. the dude was a beast at the start of the season he is much better than calderon imo.. not even a close call for me.
    its really not close for me either. lowry is a two way player and i much prefer a guy who competes on both ends of the court. hands down for me its lowry for me as well.

like you, my only concern with him is if he stay healthy because he is so aggresive.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast