Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: who is currently the over all better player.

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • CALDERON

15 28.85%
  • LOWRY

33 63.46%
  • after weighing pro's and con's I find them to be equal.

4 7.69%
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    vCash
    This one is going to get heated. I doubt it gets 4 pages deep before infractions or a lock.

I agree Lowry is the better player on paper. On the floor Jose is the better team player.... Jose seems to have extra gears he switches to when needed to keep his job. The way it's going I think he could out perform CP3 to keep starting in Toronto. If only Jose had a spark in his eye that this team could truly contend. I bet you you see an Olympic performance from him down the stretch.

Having said all that, I'm not convinced on either guy going forward. We've been through a bunch of PGs. Can't one just work out for us?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by deaner View Post
    This one is going to get heated. I doubt it gets 4 pages deep before infractions or a lock.

I agree Lowry is the better player on paper. On the floor Jose is the better team player.... Jose seems to have extra gears he switches to when needed to keep his job. The way it's going I think he could out perform CP3 to keep starting in Toronto. If only Jose had a spark in his eye that this team could truly contend. I bet you you see an Olympic performance from him down the stretch.

Having said all that, I'm not convinced on either guy going forward. We've been through a bunch of PGs. Can't one just work out for us?
    I really don't even see why. Neither player is the future and people are really arguing about nothing.

Who cares if you're the best backup level PG? Why get so worked up about players that probably won't be here in 2 years.

vCash
    I hear Nash could be available....

Jokes

vCash
    Lowry is the better player. Jose however has better chemistry with this team.
    Raptors Franchise Checklist:
    Rebuild with young players [x]
    Build contending team [ ]
    Host NBA All-Star Weekend [ ]
    Win Championship [ ]

vCash
    The Turd....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    yeah i meant Calderon and Lowry not you and i.
    and i meant the whole forum... not specifically you and i..

i think they do get along. ive seen them jump up and down like little girls from the joy of a good play they did together. lol

the reality is i think casey doesnt know how to use them both with out disrupting the chemistry we have built in the last 13 games and ultimatley lowry will be disgruntled with limited playing time. i would be too with 17 mins of playing time.

vCash
    Calderon because he helps us win.

TANKRONTO TANKTORS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    because for some reason in this scenerio, history keeps repeating itself. so it has become something to agknowledge for us fans.
    Why isn't it obvious that the problem keeps recurring because BC hasn't been able to upgrade the PG position?

We keep fighting over who is the best of the two ok players.

The reasons I love Jose's play aren't because he is "better". It is because I love his dedication and stubborn refusal to be anything but a team player. He's a rarity in today's NBA and I want him to retire a Raptor.

But that doesn't make him the "better" player.

Neither are really that good. Lowry is a huge disappointment so far. Maybe there's more, maybe he'll improve, maybe he's hurt, etc, who knows.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    Why isn't it obvious that the problem keeps recurring because BC hasn't been able to upgrade the PG position?

We keep fighting over who is the best of the two ok players.

The reasons I love Jose's play aren't because he is "better". It is because I love his dedication and stubborn refusal to be anything but a team player. He's a rarity in today's NBA and I want him to retire a Raptor.

But that doesn't make him the "better" player.

Neither are really that good. Lowry is a huge disappointment so far. Maybe there's more, maybe he'll improve, maybe he's hurt, etc, who knows.
    ahhh but you see that was the goal in this past off season going after nash, lin and lowry. Which is why we gave up a pick for lowry. id def rather have lowry over lin and even nash at this point.

if we gave up a pick for lowry and have a season and a half control over him why are we not giving him his fair chance ? if calderon was going to be our starter all along what was the need to go and give up a pick for lowry ? couldnt we just have kept bayless as a back up and a cheaper option and kept the flexability to sign a sf ?

do you feel lowry has been given a fair chance to show case what kind of starting caliber pg he could be ? Imo we can only evaluate this once he gets accustomed to the system and gels with team mates and gets a fair chance to prove what he really has.

you dont throw a brand new pg in to the starting line up with a rookie C and bargs and wonder why your not winning games right away.

jonas needs experience. bargs has been terrible this year. we can point to these as reasons why we werent winning at the start of the season rather then just making lowry the scapegoat here which i feel is what has happened.
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 01-10-2013 at 08:35 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by heyman321 View Post
    Calderon because he helps us win.
    and what makes you think lowry wont once he is accustomed to his new team mates and system ? what makes you think we wont get even better results with lowry in a line up with amir and ed rather thatn jonas and andrea ?

vCash
    Lowry is the better player, so I would want him. However, if he is going to moan and throw on a pouty face once a better PG comes along, I really don't want him.

Ink is right, it doesn't matter at this point, neither are going to be here for long.

vCash
    I vote Lowry .

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by deaner View Post

super-funny

Champs will be champs...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mjt20mik View Post
    Lowry is the better player, so I would want him. However, if he is going to moan and throw on a pouty face once a better PG comes along, I really don't want him. Ink is right, it doesn't matter at this point, neither are going to be here for long.
    there are no credible sources stating that he did such thing.

most players would be disgruntled with 17 mins of playing time. specially if they averaged 14.6 ppg 4.8 rpg & 6 apg and probably are the most talented player on that team.

we gave him a small sample size of games as a starter when he was brand spanking new to the team and because he didnt produce wins right away he gets benched and given limited playing time coming back from an injury he had no control over?

thats a really short leash. i dont even think lowry cares if he is the starting pg as long as he gets his mins at either gaurd position and plays. you cant blame a player for wanting to play. specially if he is showing that he is a coachable player and is trying to do every thing the coaching staff is asking of him. thats not imaturity. thats frustration.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    ahhh but you see that was the goal in this past off season going after nash, lin and lowry. Which is why we gave up a pick for lowry. id def rather have lowry over lin and even nash at this point.

if we gave up a pick for lowry and have a season and a half control over him why are we not giving him his fair chance ? if calderon was going to be our starter all along what was the need to go and give up a pick for lowry ? couldnt we just have kept bayless as a back up and a cheaper option and kept the flexability to sign a sf ?

do you feel lowry has been given a fair chance to show case what kind of starting caliber pg he could be ? Imo we can only evaluate this once he gets accustomed to the system and gels with team mates and gets a fair chance to prove what he really has.

you dont throw a brand now pg in to the starting line up with a rookie C and bargs at the 4 and wonder why your not winning games right away. jonas needs experience. bargs has been terrible this year. we can point to these as reasons why we werent winning at the start of the season rather then just making lowry the scapegoat here which i feel is what has happened.

bc went after lowry because he believed lowry will turn this team around immediately. imagine how he felt when the team started 4-18. bc doesn't have time to wait for lowry to accommodate, bc's contract is expiring. bc wants to win today not to grow talents. he doesn't care about mortgaging the team future if he is not around to enjoy.
    he should be prevented from doing risky move for the sake of winning now.

Champs will be champs...

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast