Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: who is currently the over all better player.

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • CALDERON

15 28.85%
  • LOWRY

33 63.46%
  • after weighing pro's and con's I find them to be equal.

4 7.69%
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

lowry or calderon

Lets settle this once and for all. with out insulting eachother or behaving like children.

Who is the over all better player right now.

The notion that calderon is better becuase he helps us win is flawed. lowry is on a new team, with new team mates, and a new coach + system. When lowry started for us he had rookie jonas at the 5 and bargs at the 4.

Calderon played on the 2nd unit with amir and ed. now that calderon is starting he is still playing with amir & ed as jonas and bargs are injured. It doesnt take a brain surgeon to figure out that davis and johnson are far superior defenders then bargs and both have more experience then jonas being in his first year.

So please spare me the calderon helps us win answer as it makes no sence to me because he hasnt had to adapt to new team mates or a new system and has had the privlage to play with the better defenders.

Also this is not a who should toronto move forward with thread because for all we know calderon & lowry could be moved as one is expiring this year and the other will be next year.

I personally know that calderon and lowry both have their pro's and con's. After weighing them to me its pretty clear that lowry is currently the better over all player. but mine is just one opinion and id like to see what the general feeling is in this forum in regards to these two players.

Who is the better over all player right now ?
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 01-10-2013 at 07:26 PM.

vCash
    Always pick the Spaniard

-Hellcrooner

And by the way, those pants, they belong to my dad.And they're not really pants,
    they're Lederhosen

vCash
    Calderon is the better point guard.

Lowry is the better player.

Can't we all just get along?
    Last edited by Jamiecballer; 01-10-2013 at 07:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    Lowry.

vCash
    Neither seem to fit our long term plans. I don't know why we always debate a non-debate. That's like saying which average looking woman is your dream girl. I think we know that Jose is solid and has deficiencies; I also think that Lowry has been very disappointing.

The decision now IMO is whether to find another PG for the future or not. I don't see Calderon staying, especially if his value is so high. And I don't see Lowry fitting Casey's system or having the talents so many hyped about him. He's under-whelming.

vCash
    Lowry is the better player. Not sure I want him on the team though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    Calderon is the better point guard.

Lowry is the better player.

Can't we all just get along?
    we certainly can get along. but this is a hot topic and id like to discuss with out insulting eachother.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    Lowry is the better player. Not sure I want him on the team though.
    Considering Jose isn't even very athletic that isn't really saying much is it?

Calderon has the better IQ and is much more reliable. He's not flashy, but actually THAT is the terrible disappointment I've had in Lowry: he isn't flashy either. Just not that excited about the prospects of shaping a team around another disappointing talent.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    we certainly can get along. but this is a hot topic and id like to discuss with out insulting eachother.
    Totally support that. I just don't understand why people are always locked into this one PG vs the other PG mode all the time.

It makes no sense.

NEITHER is the future of the franchise.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    Neither seem to fit our long term plans. I don't know why we always debate a non-debate. That's like saying which average looking woman is your dream girl. I think we know that Jose is solid and has deficiencies; I also think that Lowry has been very disappointing.

The decision now IMO is whether to find another PG for the future or not. I don't see Calderon staying, especially if his value is so high. And I don't see Lowry fitting Casey's system or having the talents so many hyped about him. He's under-whelming.
    I want to know which you think is the better overall player regardless of who we move forward with. if it makes it easier imagine them on seperate teams like last season.
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 01-10-2013 at 07:32 PM.

vCash
    yeah i meant Calderon and Lowry not you and i.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    It's a tough call. With this current roster, as much as it pains me to say, it would have to be Jose. I'm not even sure exactly how to integrate lowry with our group. Though, it really irks me every time I see Jose get roasted by other point guards. Lowry's got a high tenacity for the game but the offensive sets aren't better with him.

Both point guards usually are holding the ball deep into the clock and then having to maneuver it in the last 5 seconds. I guess the problem lies with Casey's offensive philosophies but I don't know what to say or how to remedy it. The best the team looks is when there's fluid ball movement with a purpose but when that doesn't happen, we look like a High School team playing offense.

So i'd say that neither will the pg's going forward but both are excellent backups and i wouldn't be angry if we kept either of them as a backup.

vCash
    I also look at it this way. A Pg is a very important position in the league. We're paying about a max contract for 2 very good point guards right now so its not a bad deal if we can keep both at reasonable prices (1 max contract - About $16 million).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    yeah i meant Calderon and Lowry not you and i.

I want to know you think is the better overall player regardless of who we move forward with. if it makes it easier imagine them on seperate teams like last season.
    Different players. I think it takes genius level skills to be an alpha PG, otherwise they are often disappointments. There's your answer.

Do I like train wrecks or managed play?

There's another answer.

Lowry and a lot of other alphas have much greater potential for train wrecks.

It's not personal. I just want to see more talent in front of either PG so we aren't so reliant on either.

I've been happy with Jose's ability to accelerate the speed of his play and decision making and keeping the ball from sticking. Also with improved interior D his defensive liabilities haven't been as much of a concern.

Given that neither are the answer, I pick the more consistent player with the higher IQ.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    Totally support that. I just don't understand why people are always locked into this one PG vs the other PG mode all the time.

It makes no sense.

NEITHER is the future of the franchise.
    because for some reason in this scenerio, history keeps repeating itself. so it has become something to agknowledge for us fans.

also id like to understand why some people here think that calderon is the better player with out using examples like "he helps us win".

if that is the arguement i would debate that lowry didnt get a fare chance as a starter because he needs time to gel with the team.

also he should be able to play with the better defensive unit as well if were going to compare. its not fair that calderon plays with the better defenders because he needs the help d.

lowry doesnt need the help d because he is a solid man on man defender. but if he played with better defenders around him as well it could result in some wins for him too. thats my main thing here.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast