Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

TNA: Breaking News: TNA Cuts back to 4 PPV's a Year

http://www.impactwrestling.com/news/...-View-Strategy
    TNA IMPACT WRESTLING today announced a new worldwide Pay-Per-View programming initiative for 2013. The 52 annual episodes of IMPACT WRESTLING on SpikeTV will lead to four, live epic Pay-Per-View events commencing with “Genesis” on January 13th, “Lockdown” on March 10th, “Slammiversary” on June 9 and “Bound For Glory” on October 13th.

In addition, seven Pay-Per-View specials that will be branded as “TNA Wrestling: One Night Only,” series will debut in April 2013 and continue throughout the year during the additional months. The 3-hour taped Pay-Per-View specials will premiere on the first Friday of each month. The first two “One Night Only” specials will be “Joker’s Wild Tag Team Tournament” and “X-travaganza” which will feature the X-Division.

“The Pay-Per-View industry has changed so much in the last decade,” says TNA President Dixie Carter. “The traditional pay-per-view wrestling model needed to evolve and we believe this strategy will positively impact not only the Pay-Per-View events but the weekly television programming as well.”

The company will continue to produce TNA Wrestling’s “Unfinished Business”, which are one-hour programs available on a Video on Demand (VOD) basis. The monthly titles continue to focus on the history of a rivalry or a specific past PPV event. These titles are available for two months at a time.

vCash
    So there will be Spoilers for the other Pay-Per-Views?

vCash
    I posted something in the TNA Impact thread 2 minutes after this.

where will these air? if they are not PPV, will they air on Spike?
    why Friday nights? Sunday nights would be better. I wouldn't expect good ratings for Friday nights, when your target audience will likely be out.

vCash
    That's not a bad idea. I think WWE should cut down their PPV's also. Maybe like 8 of em or something.

vCash
    6 maybe wouldve been a better number, but im good with 4. Just from a product standpoint, it gives them so much more flexibility for Impact. For the most part, the way it went before is you'd get the 1st two Impacts following a ppv where you feel like maybe something could happen so it would be interesting. The rest of Impacts after that though are just locked into the ppv build with everything being set and like tonight, will probably feel boring. Now thats all out the window with only 4 ppvs to worry about, it should make for better shows...hopefully.

vCash
    I think it's certainly a smart move by TNA. They could very well do more buys overall this way, and they cut down on a lot of costs (I assume, I don't fully understand this taped 3 hour thing they're doing).

vCash
    For WWE it makes even greater sense since we get a 3 hour ppv every week now on monday.

vCash
    I love how TNA does **** like this. They are by far the better program and I hope someday they catch and or surpass wwe. They wont but its the only way wwe would start giving us **** worth a damn.

What was meant for me will be Mine once again... THE CHAMP OF CHAMPS IS BACK

vCash
    I haven't bought a PPV is YEARS, but this puts me in the maybe category. What with the 7 extra PPVs though? They should give us a free monthly special instead!

vCash
    Why are they taping a tv ppv in jan and showing it in apr. That is dumb.

vCash
    with only 4 PPV, should be pretty easy to have a TNA prediction game.

vCash
    Whew, they kept Lockdown. Good, good...

Detroit Lions (7-3)
    AAL - Teryl Austin (Defensive Coordinator)

-----
    Detroit Pistons (3-10)
    #MaxMooseMonroe

vCash
    I really need to start watching TNA regularly, the combination of it being on Spike TV and on Thursday nights hurt my chances.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Hinkie
    "I'm probably pretty boring to watch a game with because I''m all about expected values. I don''t even care if it goes in or not, I'm all about, '‘Should it go in?'' I can live with randomness. I mean, if it''s a close game in the end, yeah, I''m just like anyone else. But I just want us to play the odds all the time."
    TerminH1NK13

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by yankeefan54 View Post
    Why are they taping a tv ppv in jan and showing it in apr. That is dumb.
    They are still obligated to show something in place of where the PPV would be because of the PPV company demands.

However these are going to be specials instead of regular PPV's. It looks like sometimes you will get an all X Division special or a gimmick special.

vCash
    I don't understand why people hate a PPV a month ... if you have more than 13 a year then yeah that's too much but 12 is perfect.

I hope this works out for them

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast