Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    vCash
    I'm biased and I haven't really watched too many other games but DROY isn't just based on stats. That's why Harrison Smith should be in the discussion & I think you'll see him in the top 5.

Adopt-A-Viking: Harrison Smith
    Tackles: 23, INTs: 2, Sacks: 0

vCash
    This isn't even the real award.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    I'm biased and I haven't really watched too many other games but DROY isn't just based on stats. That's why Harrison Smith should be in the discussion & I think you'll see him in the top 5.
    Smith played real well. I have him number 6.
    "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."
    —Arthur Schopenhauer (German philosopher, 1788-1860)

vCash
    I'm a biased Panther fan, but I think David and Wagner should be out of the discussion based on Kuechly being in the discussion. They all play the same position (well, David is an OLB), but IMO, Kuechly is more deserving.

combined tackles assists sacks INTs FF
    Kuechly: 164 103 61 1 2 0
    Wagner: 140 87 53 2 3 0
    David: 139 112 27 2 1 0

Kuechly had more assists (some would assume this meant he was stealing tackles, but if you watched Kuechly you'd see how he swarms the ball on every play), only 9 fewer total tackles than David, but 25 more combined tackles than they other two (for most players they'd be lucky to have 25 combined tackles in 3 games).

David had 20 TFLs, but Kuechly had 12 and Wagner 10, but MLBs are typically blitzed significantly less than OLBs, which might explain that one (I can't speak for Wagner, but Kuechly was rarely ever blitzed, since Carolina didn't blitz much).

The only thing arguable IMO is how do you value the difference in performance between Kuechly and Wagner? Are 24 more tackles and two more tackles for loss more valuable than one extra INT and one sack?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    I'm a biased Panther fan, but I think David and Wagner should be out of the discussion based on Kuechly being in the discussion. They all play the same position (well, David is an OLB), but IMO, Kuechly is more deserving.

Kuechly had more assists (some would assume this meant he was stealing tackles, but if you watched Kuechly you'd see how he swarms the ball on every play), only 9 fewer total tackles than David, but 25 more combined tackles than they other two (for most players they'd be lucky to have 25 combined tackles in 3 games).

David had 20 TFLs, but Kuechly had 12 and Wagner 10, but MLBs are typically blitzed significantly less than OLBs, which might explain that one (I can't speak for Wagner, but Kuechly was rarely ever blitzed, since Carolina didn't blitz much).

The only thing arguable IMO is how do you value the difference in performance between Kuechly and Wagner? Are 24 more tackles and two more tackles for loss more valuable than one extra INT and one sack?
    Statistically no IMO. BUT that's not taking into account what they were playing with around them.
    Quote Originally Posted by homestarunner93 View Post
    Gabbert is clearly the best QB package in this draft in my opinion.
    All in all, if the Panthers are going to select a QB, Gabbert has to be the pick.
    People take this guy seriously?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post

The fact that you are arguing tackle numbers is laughable.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by alexander_37 View Post
    Lol Wagner's tackle numbers are posted in this thread.
    All in all, if the Panthers are going to select a QB, Gabbert has to be the pick.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jej View Post
    Yeah, ok butthurt, homer Pack fan.

Wagner: 140 tackles, 2 sacks, 3 picks.
    Quote Originally Posted by alexander_37 View Post
    Yeah you tell him alex!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vCash
    Norm

vCash
    not the real droy award

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    Yeah you tell him alex!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    YEAH! Screw stats! They only tell us a lot!

I dont see the problem with tackles. Pretty much the name of the game.

Kuech deserves it, but to say Wags isnt up there is ridiculous.
    You have no idea how excited I am right now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigEric View Post
    Its not aimed at one particular person. I'm just saying. I've been watching Panthers games and Seahawks games all season. Your ENTIRE defense is ruthless, not one person stands out. AND if I had to pick one person that did, it'd be Sherman. Or Clemons. Or Branch. Or Thomas.

Wagners numbers are cute, but he has NOWHERE near the influence on a defense like Kuechly had. Keek controlled audibles, fired up the crowd, and inspired teammates. He also played olb for the first few games, if he had played in his natural mlb, he probably would've shattered Willis season record.

I'm more excited for the Keek pick than I am the Cam pick, he's that good.
    LOL at Branch.

He gets penalized for not being on a ****** team? Yeah.. OK.

How do you know Wags didnt? He was the defensive general just like "Keek" was.
    You have no idea how excited I am right now.

vCash
    Actually your wrong Trufant stands out and its for the wrong reasons lol.

3rd and long? Just throw it to the slot guy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jej View Post
    LOL at Branch.

He gets penalized for not being on a ****** team? Yeah.. OK.

How do you know Wags didnt? He was the defensive general just like "Keek" was.
    I'm saying none of them stand out in a bad way. The defense is solid in every spot. No holes. Branch was really good that last game, maybe I'm thinking short term. But I'm complementing your entire defense, princess, relax. You have FOUR potential pro bowlers in the secondary alone. Your DTs are respectable too. Wagner didn't catapult that defense like Kuechly did..

Vinny64, an avid Seahawks fan on this site is my brother and I watched them more than you think. Without Kuechly, we're a bottom 10 defense. Without Wagner, you're still a top 10 defense. I legitimately love the way your secondary is setup. Huge CBs that play with an edge, the best ball hawk in the game, and an all around solid in every aspect, hard hitting SS. IF Wagner was missing from that defense, it wouldn't be as noticeable as Kuechly, that's what I'm saying. If you inspire your defense enough to remain a top 10 defense with guys named Josh Thomas, Dockery, DJ Campbell in your secondary, you're doing alright.
    Last edited by BigEric; 01-11-2013 at 10:37 PM.

Props to Vinny642

vCash
    Prosportsdaily: the only place where you can complement someones team and they still find a way to argue. Seahawks fans have become such goons.. lol.

Props to Vinny642

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast