Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rtgthree View Post
    Except that Trout also led the league in WPA, which absolutely takes into account clutch performance. And it does so way better than looking at arbitrary splits like after the seventh inning (when the game could just as easily be 10-0 as 2-1) or RISP (solo homers don't count). And to boot, WPA doesn't even take into account defense, where Trout absolutely owned Cabrera.

As far as the "down the stretch" thing...a win in April counts the same as a win in September. When you win is irrelevant.
    Agreed - let's also not forget that the Angels had a better record in a tougher division than the Tigers, anyway.

vCash
    The fact that Trout didn't win the MVP made me sick. That's all I'll be saying for this topic. . .
    Please come join me on the Hawks forums.

vCash
    Just to remind, Justin Upton was number one on this list last year.

vCash
    The Braves have such a young nucleus(Heyward,Freeman,Medlen,Beachy,Kimbrel,Simm ons,Minor) and is exciting in so many ways... But the pessimist inside me wonders if Atlanta will be able to afford most of these guys when their arb years are nearing an end... Maybe Liberty Media will expand the payroll $5 MM every offseason!!
    Don't Stop the Chop!!!

http://bravesbanter.com

At BravesBanter.com NOW!!--Does Terry McGuirk comments signal David PRICE coming to Atlanta?? Chipper,Andruw,Sheffield vs Upton,Upton,Heyward --Who Wins??/2013 Season Projections for Many of the Braves Starting 8/ Grading GM Frank Wren/ Latest Rumors & Commentary/ Tips for Turner--What every fan SHOULD know when planning a trip to Turner Field!!

1991-2005 Greatest Run of Division Dominance in Professional Sports History

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Born a Brave View Post
    The Braves have such a young nucleus(Heyward,Freeman,Medlen,Beachy,Kimbrel,Simm ons,Minor) and is exciting in so many ways... But the pessimist inside me wonders if Atlanta will be able to afford most of these guys when their arb years are nearing an end... Maybe Liberty Media will expand the payroll $5 MM every offseason!!
    Starting next year every team will get 20-25 million from the new TV deals. Now there's a good chance the prices of players will escalate a bit but the Braves payroll should be in the 110 range next year.

The Cult of Gattis

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ATL#22 View Post
    Starting next year every team will get 20-25 million from the new TV deals. Now there's a good chance the prices of players will escalate a bit but the Braves payroll should be in the 110 range next year.
    Can you please post a link to the TV deal you are speaking of? And I'm guessing you are speaking of a shared percentage from a national MLB tv deal?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123