Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsNation24 View Post
    We think alike and I like that. I watched tape on Moore and he was simply our worst O-Lineman. I believe Slauson would work better on the right side because he wouldn't have to worry about facing other teams top DE's when they crash in. Warmack would fit perfectly in between our All Pro OT and Center. Ferguson would play a lot better to because when Faneca was here, Ferguson was awesome. I like Manny Lawson and Atwan Barnes in FA however I'm not sure of later prospects in the draft but in Round 4 you have to go OLB.
    What's that even mean? A lot of the better pass-rushers in the NFL are moved all over the field. They don't just stay on the left side. Just an example but JJ Watt lined up over the right side for the majority of his snaps.

Alan Faneca was the worst OL in our starting 5 when he was here. Brick didn't look good because of him. Brick's best season was arguably in 2010 and he had Slauson playing next to him.
    Yankees - Jets - Rockets

vCash
    lacey and warmack thanks
    NYJ
    Jet Nation

NYK
    #3ToTheHead

NYY

Get Up!!!

http://twitter.com/TrueNYJetGS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Pat View Post
    He has 1 year left on his deal, i doubt the texans will want to pay both arian foster and him. Also with Sanchez definitely gone after next year, the money will be there to pay him. Could be worth a 2 round pick.
    ill trade a conditional 7th-you can get running backs anywhere-plus i think a lot of his success has to do with the zone blocking scheme in HOU

im done trading picks for stop gap guys

vCash
    The following article makes sense from the standpoint of introducing a new, unpredictable offense. I was personally holding out hope from the beginning that Andy Reid would not get a HC job upon his release from Philly. I really think an offense that can spread out an opponent and use short passes as a form of ball control is a real clock eater and would conform to what Rex wants.
    I wasn't hot on Norv and he's gone to Cleveland and the only other OC on my list is Whisenhunt. I'm now revising that list and adding Marty to the top. I'd love his approach for this team to ensure a modern offense and toss the G&P out the window:

The New York Daily News reports former Eagles OC Marty Mornhinweg is on the Jets' "list" for the same job in New York, and could interview as early as Friday.
    The Jets' coordinator search has been on the back-burner as they struggle to find a new GM, but Mornhinweg's pass-happy system would be a massive departure from Tony Sparano's spitball offense. It would seem to be a poor fit with Mark Sanchez's limited skill-set, but the Jets might be more interested in Mornhinweg's name than his résumé. Regardless of a potentially shaky marriage between philosophy and personnel, Mornhinweg would be an infinitely more qualified and experienced hire than Sparano.
    Last edited by John X Doe; 01-11-2013 at 02:37 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by John X Doe View Post
    Regarding his being retained and paired opposite a new OG, Moore is no spring chicken. And if his play improved down the stretch, why was he struggling early dating back to last year? Was it his hip? That's something the Jets are probably cognizant of that we aren't.
    Certainly a knock against him. Also have to consider we get a better compensatory pick for Moore than Slauson.

vCash
    Does anyone know if the Jets finished 3rd or 4th? The impact of that would be playing in 2013 against Oakland & Tennessee (3rd) or KC & Jax (4th). And you know if it's Oakland it will be on the road.
    Not much of a difference but we have lost the last two played against Oak & Ten.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by John X Doe View Post
    Does anyone know if the Jets finished 3rd or 4th? The impact of that would be playing in 2013 against Oakland & Tennessee (3rd) or KC & Jax (4th). And you know if it's Oakland it will be on the road.
    Not much of a difference but we have lost the last two played against Oak & Ten.
    3rd... bills holding fort in the cellar
    JETSMETSKNICKSPENS
    GATOR BAIT!
    UCONN!!!

vCash
    I've been thinking. I bet if we payed a portion of Sanchez's salary we could trade him and a 4th or 5th to SEA for Flynn.

Also, I bet we could get Tyler Wilson near the end of the second day of the draft.

Thoughts?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MikefromMars View Post
    I've been thinking. I bet if we payed a portion of Sanchez's salary we could trade him and a 4th or 5th to SEA for Flynn.

Also, I bet we could get Tyler Wilson near the end of the second day of the draft.

Thoughts?
    Wilson's been performing better than almost all Senior Bowl QB's. He won't make the 3rd round and I wouldn't waste a pick on him. That's just me.
    Someone will reach on him in the 1st - a desperate team.

AgrÃ*nio, Aitolia Kai Akarnania, Greece, Greece
    vCash
    You think there is any chance we will be able to resign Landry this offseason?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsams50 View Post
    I think it depends on how much he is looking for. Him making the pro bowl this year really screwed us big time.

#Hernandezing

Quote Originally Posted by bwallstreet View Post
    haha delusional
    Someone underestimated the jets!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsams50 View Post
    A very good chance.

A lot of good safeties availabe in FA this year driving his bargaining price down. Most are younger than him without a history of injuries. With all the guys we will be cutting, look for them to wrap him up or select another FA safety. There are 10 quality safeties available....some FS & SS.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123