Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    Brick, Warmack, and Mangold would form a great half of a line. I like Lacy, but what about grabbing a pass rusher in round 2 and then grabbing a RB like Spencer Ware or Michael Ford (using them as examples because I watched them play a lot) later in the draft? Another option at RB could be signing Chris Ivory from the Saints. I think he could be a good RB if given the chance.
    Last edited by ajgmc59; 01-10-2013 at 10:23 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsNation24 View Post
    The Steelers released Chris Rainy and The Vikings are looking to trade Harvin. I would love both guys on our offense. What do you think?
    No to both, but that's just me. Not denying Harvin has a lot of talent, but there are many factors that keeps me away from him.

I watched tape on Moore and he was simply our worst O-Lineman.
    Disagree with every fiber of my being. He was superb the second half of the season, and didn't struggle enough in the first to warrant any of this hate he's been getting. I love Warmack and if anything, would want to pair him up with Moore, not Slauson.

I like Manny Lawson and Atwan Barnes in FA however I'm not sure of later prospects in the draft but in Round 4 you have to go OLB.
    I think Lawson is a must for us this off-season. Other than addressing the QB position, he's my top off-season target. A well-rounded LB who can rush the passer, defend the run and drop into coverage. He was adjusting well to the 3-4 in SF. Barnes is a "meh" option. He'll come cheap and can offer somewhat of a pass rush.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bucktownanalyst View Post
    No to both, but that's just me. Not denying Harvin has a lot of talent, but there are many factors that keeps me away from him.

Disagree with every fiber of my being. He was superb the second half of the season, and didn't struggle enough in the first to warrant any of this hate he's been getting. I love Warmack and if anything, would want to pair him up with Moore, not Slauson.

I think Lawson is a must for us this off-season. Other than addressing the QB position, he's my top off-season target. A well-rounded LB who can rush the passer, defend the run and drop into coverage. He was adjusting well to the 3-4 in SF. Barnes is a "meh" option. He'll come cheap and can offer somewhat of a pass rush.
    One being that his (Harvin) head can literally explode any minute given his head issues.
    Yankees - Jets - Rockets

vCash

Chris Rainey?

Chris Rainey was released by Pittsburgh today. He has pure speed and would be an excellent compliment to the RBs we currently have. Yes he may have some off-the-field issues, but I think he would be worth a shot considering he wouldn't cost much. Thoughts?

vCash
    Trade a 5th and sign a mega contract Tanny!!!!!

I wolntbeopposed to bringing him in...but I feel if we bring someone in McKnight gets pushed aide which is mind boggling to me

Way back in the stands, you can see my Wife holding my son on the ledge at his first Green and White scrimmage...circa 2013...aka "The Transformation" year into greatness! That's right Emryk...you saw the beginning stages of JETS Greatness first hand!

vCash
    Moore was the result of a butt fumble and another tackle that came at the end of the year. You didn't watch him play like I did I recorded every game and watched him specifically. He was bad.

Desean "Jet" Jackson

vCash
    I can say you didn't watch him closely because your saying crap like he played great.

Desean "Jet" Jackson

vCash
    I have NFL Rewind, which has the coaches film. I can tell you that Moore wasn't as bad as you're making him out to be. He was better than both Howard and Slauson on the OL.
    Yankees - Jets - Rockets

vCash
    Moore was the result of a butt fumble and another tackle that came at the end of the year. You didn't watch him play like I did I recorded every game and watched him specifically. He was bad.
    I have Rewind. I've watched him. He has been great. There have been times where he's blocked two guys with each arm. He's been superb in the run game. 1 bad play, and the butt fumble was a lot more the result of Sanchez than Moore (who was actually getting some push on Wilfork), does not mean he was awful. As I've said, he had his struggles, including the last game of the year, but for the most part he was good. ProFootballFocus backs me. According to that article he was their third best RG. He's also rated the best free agent guard this year according to them.

vCash
    One Word- Eddie Lacy

vCash
    I can say you didn't watch him closely because your saying crap like he played great.
    I see. Only your opinions matter. Now he didn't even watch the games because he differs so profoundly from your opinion. More than this, his opinion is "crap". Wow.

It's okay Bucktown, I'm sure he means well (on some level). Be rest assured, you DO have your own opinion and don't let this kind of reply discourage you. You're among the best posters here.
    Last edited by John X Doe; 01-11-2013 at 08:38 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bucktownanalyst View Post
    I have Rewind. I've watched him. He has been great. There have been times where he's blocked two guys with each arm. He's been superb in the run game. 1 bad play, and the butt fumble was a lot more the result of Sanchez than Moore (who was actually getting some push on Wilfork), does not mean he was awful. As I've said, he had his struggles, including the last game of the year, but for the most part he was good. ProFootballFocus backs me. According to that article he was their third best RG. He's also rated the best free agent guard this year according to them.
    I don't see how anyone can find fault with Moore on that play. It's almost comical to believe he should have eyes in the back of his head to avoid such a collision. No one single-handedly takes on the best of the NT's - they require double teams. Most fans are aware of this simple fact.

Regarding his being retained and paired opposite a new OG, Moore is no spring chicken. And if his play improved down the stretch, why was he struggling early dating back to last year? Was it his hip? That's something the Jets are probably cognizant of that we aren't.

vCash
    We think alike and I like that. I watched tape on Moore and he was simply our worst O-Lineman. I believe Slauson would work better on the right side because he wouldn't have to worry about facing other teams top DE's when they crash in. Warmack would fit perfectly in between our All Pro OT and Center. Ferguson would play a lot better to because when Faneca was here, Ferguson was awesome. I like Manny Lawson and Atwan Barnes in FA however I'm not sure of later prospects in the draft but in Round 4 you have to go OLB.
    Yeah, we all love affirmation on some level. Most of us aren't so obvious about it but it's nice to see the honesty. Getting a OG with our first pick will be at the expense of getting one of the elite pass rushers this year. You heard from Rex that the G&P is no longer in business. Do you think they will focus on a OG with a top 10 pick? I'd be sceptical of that decision.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by scopepts View Post
    A second rounder? No thanks. If we are talking a 5 or 6 I'd think about it.
    I wouldn't even do that. I don't think he's better than the options in the draft. I really think there is a good QB to be had in the 4-6.
    Fill in OLB/DE with #1, RB#2, OL #3, FS/QB/.../ #4-7

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CurseOfJoeNamth View Post
    One Word- Eddie Lacy
    I wouldn't. I think wait till rounds 2/3. We need a guy with break away potential. I would even wait till later and go for Dri Archer. He could be like the Pats, woodhead.. remember, the guy we gave them :face palm: Our talent scouts were on the ball there.

I see us using the first for an OLB.

Lol But we won't know till we have a MOTHER ****ING GM! This will be a very interesting off season.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast