Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 80
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Posts
    88,982
    vCash
    1777
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dog View Post
    Henne isn't better than Tebow. Nor are about 20 other quarterbacks around the league who played more than Tim did last season. Tebow's career passer rating is better than Henne's, never mind the running ability. About the same as Sam Bradford who was supposed to be the classic passer from that 2010 draft as well. There is ZERO evidence to show that Tebow can't pass the football. He doesn't have a high completion rate because he doesn't waste time with the short, safe, passes, but overall his passing game is more effective than several current starters in the league.
    Boom goes the dynamite.

    Unleash the beast.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,692
    vCash
    1500
    If Jax does indeed hire Roman (the 49ers OC) which is what a lot of people are saying is very likely, I wouldn't be surprised to see Alex Smith follow his OC to Jax.

    It would be a good fit too. Smith can get the ball to Blackmon, and the pressure can be taken off if MJD is still in town and healthy. Jax has got to get o-line help though.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    4,745
    vCash
    1500
    Smith is a poor man's Gabbert. Or a fat, ugly girl's Gabbert. Or the lady at the Superstore's Gabbert. Alex was worse than Blaine when he started out in the league.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Posts
    2,317
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dog View Post
    Henne isn't better than Tebow. Nor are about 20 other quarterbacks around the league who played more than Tim did last season. Tebow's career passer rating is better than Henne's, never mind the running ability. About the same as Sam Bradford who was supposed to be the classic passer from that 2010 draft as well. There is ZERO evidence to show that Tebow can't pass the football. He doesn't have a high completion rate because he doesn't waste time with the short, safe, passes, but overall his passing game is more effective than several current starters in the league.
    I didn't know film wasn't considered evidence



    Being banned is like going to a correctional facility, it doesn't correct anything, in fact, it makes you worse

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    5,291
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dog View Post
    Smith is a poor man's Gabbert. Or a fat, ugly girl's Gabbert. Or the lady at the Superstore's Gabbert. Alex was worse than Blaine when he started out in the league.
    Maybe, but he's a heck of a lot better now. And performed quite well both years he was in Roman's system (since that person's mention of Smith was if Roman went to Jax)...

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,213
    vCash
    1500
    So, who is the 'front runner' for Tebow now?

    KC
    OAK
    BUF
    ARI

    Those are the only teams I could see getting him to start.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Posts
    88,982
    vCash
    1777
    Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFtw View Post
    So, who is the 'front runner' for Tebow now?

    KC
    OAK
    BUF
    ARI

    Those are the only teams I could see getting him to start.
    Patriots like I've been saying for ages.

    Unleash the beast.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Alex Smith's Dick
    Posts
    3,519
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dog View Post
    Smith is a poor man's Gabbert. Or a fat, ugly girl's Gabbert. Or the lady at the Superstore's Gabbert. Alex was worse than Blaine when he started out in the league.
    No.


    Go Braves/49ers!

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Arvada, Colorado
    Posts
    18,299
    vCash
    653
    Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFtw View Post
    So, who is the 'front runner' for Tebow now?

    KC
    OAK
    BUF
    ARI

    Those are the only teams I could see getting him to start.
    He should go to the Vikes and make that running game real nice! Not saying he'd be the RB, but no question he was a huge asset in the run game for Denver last year.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    627
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Gritz View Post
    I didn't know film wasn't considered evidence
    Funny thing is, Tebow's stats last year were comparable to Sanchize's best career year (last year as well) in terms of completion % @ different distances 1-10, 11-20, etc. And that's not taking into consideration rushing stats (while they both rushed for same # of TD's Tebow rushed for 500+ more yards). 1.23TD/TO for Sanchize, 1.5TD/TO for Tebow. Sanchez, though, still gave the Jets the best chance to win. .

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    24,031
    vCash
    1500
    Well, I'm pretty sure if he did say he wanted him, wouldn't he get fined for tampering because Tebow's still under contract?

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,213
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    Patriots like I've been saying for ages.
    I can see the Pats as a backup.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    2,213
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudvayneowns91 View Post
    He should go to the Vikes and make that running game real nice! Not saying he'd be the RB, but no question he was a huge asset in the run game for Denver last year.
    I just don't see Minny going after him, tbh. But Joe Webb looked like a poor man's Tebow, so come on over and be our backup. Lol.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    7,152
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dog View Post
    Henne isn't better than Tebow. Nor are about 20 other quarterbacks around the league who played more than Tim did last season. Tebow's career passer rating is better than Henne's, never mind the running ability. About the same as Sam Bradford who was supposed to be the classic passer from that 2010 draft as well. There is ZERO evidence to show that Tebow can't pass the football. He doesn't have a high completion rate because he doesn't waste time with the short, safe, passes, but overall his passing game is more effective than several current starters in the league.
    Yeah, I hate it when bums like Rodgers, Manning, and Brady waste time with those stupid short passes. Go long or go home, is what I always say.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Posts
    88,982
    vCash
    1777
    Quote Originally Posted by B'sCeltsPatsSox View Post
    Well, I'm pretty sure if he did say he wanted him, wouldn't he get fined for tampering because Tebow's still under contract?
    Good point.

    My favorite part is that this GM thinks he gets the final say on Tebow. If that guy from Aladin that owns the team wants Tebow, they will get Tebow. Caldwell's opinion won't mean jack ****. The fact people are acting like his comments means something is silly.

    Which ISN'T to say they are getting Tebow. Just that what he thinks doesn't matter,

    Unleash the beast.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •