Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    vCash
    wrong topic*
    Last edited by I am Smart; 01-11-2013 at 10:00 PM.

The Wizards' missing piece.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by phen0m View Post
    Pretty sure thats actually the reason why it was a joke, and a pretty decent one, relatively speaking. Kinda like someone saying the reason they made the comparison between two bullfighters in mexico was that they were both hispanic. That wouldnt be somewhat humorous to you?

Yea it would have made sense, but that wouldn't be humorous in the slightest, which obviously was the poster's goal.

Even if you thought that to be true(which it isnt), its only your opinion that the comparison was valid, so you're pretty much saying it could be ironic for everyone else in the world who might disagree with your opinion.

(Its mostly humorous because the person telling the joke is putting faith in the reader that the reader will assume that the joke teller is putting faith in him not to be ******** and think that the joke teller is not putting faith in him that he is not in fact ******** himself)
    What you find humorous or not is of no concern to me, what is though is why you disagree with my comparison. If you watch some caron butler in his first few years and compare it to jimmy you will see A LOT of similarities. Jimmy just gets less chances to show what he can do. Also if you look at their numbers and adjust them they are very similar so what are you basing saying my comparison isnt true on??? Its not an opinion when numbers and eyes back it up... hence why i never found his statement that funny. Also if you knew basketball the jj reddick brent barry comparison would have been somewhat jocose because he would compare more to his brother jon. Just basing a joke off race isnt funny its lazy in fact.
    Last edited by emberblaze77; 01-11-2013 at 11:46 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by emberblaze77 View Post
    What you find humorous or not is of no concern to me, what is though is why you disagree with my comparison. If you watch some caron butler in his first few years and compare it to jimmy you will see A LOT of similarities. Jimmy just gets less chances to show what he can do. Also if you look at their numbers and adjust them they are very similar so what are you basing saying my comparison isnt true on??? Its not an opinion when numbers and eyes back it up... hence why i never found his statement that funny. Also if you knew basketball the jj reddick brent barry comparison would have been somewhat jocose because he would compare more to his brother jon. Just basing a joke off race isnt funny its lazy in fact.
    I'm going to have to ask you to leave my thread. you keep causing it to derail.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by el hidalgo View Post
    I'm going to have to ask you to leave my thread. you keep causing it to derail.
    Nope i posed a vaild question relating to the topic. I asked why my opinion was deemed untrue. Is a forum not made for spirited debate now?

vCash
    He's played great defensively but his offense need some major improvement.

BULLS ZORD

vCash
    Offesivley I just don't see how you compare Jimmy Butler to Caron Butler. Being that Caron's from the Milwaukee area I got to see a little of him while he was still at Washington High and Jimmy is and has never been anywhere even close to Caron offensively.

Caron could score when he wanted to, he had a natural ability to score. Butler is a hustle player, who needs to work hard on offense.
    http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/n...pscf85bcd0.png

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by time4change View Post
    Offesivley I just don't see how you compare Jimmy Butler to Caron Butler. Being that Caron's from the Milwaukee area I got to see a little of him while he was still at Washington High and Jimmy is and has never been anywhere even close to Caron offensively.

Caron could score when he wanted to, he had a natural ability to score. Butler is a hustle player, who needs to work hard on offense.
    I agree that Caron was a natural scorer but Jimmy cam score the ball as well. While Caron Butler came to the NBA with a mentality to score knowing he would have to score, jimmy came in told to defend and thats it so we never really had a chance to see his offensive game. In college he put up 15 points a game on 49% shooting along with 6 boards a game. Granted Carons last year in college he put up 20 points a game shooting 48% and 7 boards on nearly identical minutes but I still think their games are similar. But I never said he is at Carons level currently i said he could be like him because their games are so similar imo
    Last edited by emberblaze77; 01-12-2013 at 11:15 AM.

vCash
    i just dont see the comparison. it seems like a random comparison honestly. i always think of caron for his offense. i dont think jimmy will ever score like caron did.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by el hidalgo View Post
    i just dont see the comparison. it seems like a random comparison honestly. i always think of caron for his offense. i dont think jimmy will ever score like caron did.
    I actually said he "could be" like a young Caron Butler not that he "is like" a young Caron Butler. I also listed some things he needed to do to get there. Then i listed reasons why i believe he could get there as well as stats to show that those numbers could be possible. So its not a "random comparison" but more of an "informed projection".

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by emberblaze77 View Post
    I actually said he "could be" like a young Caron Butler not that he "is like" a young Caron Butler. I also listed some things he needed to do to get there. Then i listed reasons why i believe he could get there as well as stats to show that those numbers could be possible. So its not a "random comparison" but more of an "informed projection".
    i thought i told you to beat it kid

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by time4change View Post

He saying he could end up into the type of player , i see what he is getting.

vCash
    I see a Mario Elie type of production. He'd be a great 5th option

vCash
    What Jimmy has is a vicious work ethic. One solid offseason to work on his offense and he might be able to replace Deng once his contract is up.
    2010 - The Year of the Rose

vCash
    This Jimmy Butler kid is more of work ethic than raw talent.

I don't see in him the "instincts to score" nor the "innate ability to defend."

His just forcing himself to play hard whenever he gets the minutes.

He needs to learn to relax a bit, especially in offense.
    On defense, he needs to know the positioning. He needs to know where
    the help would come from, so he won't have to do it all by himself.

He won't be able to guard Bron or Melo in playoffs one-on-one.
    He better accept it now, so he would have an easier time in the playoffs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zedrix View Post
    This Jimmy Butler kid is more of work ethic than raw talent.

I don't see in him the "instincts to score" nor the "innate ability to defend."

His just forcing himself to play hard whenever he gets the minutes.

He needs to learn to relax a bit, especially in offense.
    On defense, he needs to know the positioning. He needs to know where
    the help would come from, so he won't have to do it all by himself.

He won't be able to guard Bron or Melo in playoffs one-on-one.
    He better accept it now, so he would have an easier time in the playoffs.
    The fact you don't see the "innate ability to defend" in him, is proof enough that you have no idea what that even means.

And then. He made them pancakes.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast