Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I think the guy could be a beast. Athletically he is ridiculous. He has strength, hops, can finish and a pretty decent shooting form. He is smart. He can shoot from mid range and has good form on his 3 as well. I honestly think given the chance and touches he could be a very very good sg for us. His confidence has been lacking but now that he is getting pt and rose is in his ear you can see a somewhat different player. He used to always stay at the perimeter take exactly two dribbles and look for the cut man, if the cut man wasnt open he would hit the post or kick it out to the top of the key. Now he is being more aggressive and looking for the mid range shot, but if that dude just starts putting it on the floor and going to the rim LOOK OUT! Jimmy has all the tools to be a beast and dunk om just about anyone. If he keeps getting more confident and continue to round out his game he is likely our future starter. I can see him as a solid 15 point per game player if he is utilized more. A fast break with him and rose could be vicious. Also to say he cant dribble and is too skinny isnt correct. He worked on handles and shooting all summer and people have already talked about his muscle gain. He definitely has the potential to be a ronnie brewer/afflalo/douglass type defender but offensively i think he could be a just as good dunking as brewer with a better knack for getting to the line, not as good at the 3 as afflalo but still servicable... and not a nutcase like douglass lol throw in his midrange shooting and he could be like caron butler when he played on the wizards.

vCash
    If he winds up like Caron Butler then that's a steal where we drafted him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Stunnerko123 View Post
    If he winds up like Caron Butler then that's a steal where we drafted him.
    lol howd you come up with caron butler as his potential?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by el hidalgo View Post
    Both black?
    Both with same last name?

vCash
    That's racist. Forget that they play the same. It's racist because they are both black.

vCash
    I just read the guys post ...maybe y'all should try reading things.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by el hidalgo View Post
    I made the comparison not stunnerko (read the post) because they both have the same builds, play similary at this point in their careers, and both have similar numbers (jimmys are better when you adjust them). Not to mention both good defenders. Nothing about them being black, especially in a league where 75-82% of the players are black.
    Last edited by emberblaze77; 01-11-2013 at 02:34 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by emberblaze77 View Post
    Nothing about them being black, especially in a league where 75-82% of the players are black.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 72 Wins View Post
    I dont understand the purpose of your facepalm. I made that statement in reference your statement about the comparison being based off color. Although I'm sure you were joking the fact of the matter is that is was a pretty dumb joke, since 3 fourths of the players are black. Now if i would have compared JJ Redick to Brent Barry your post would have made sense. Therefore your facepalm should have been reserved for yourself or just not used... eitherway I do think that Jimmy and a young Caron are fair comparisons...
    Last edited by emberblaze77; 01-11-2013 at 03:01 PM.

vCash
    I dont understand the purpose of your facepalm. I made that statement in reference your statement about the comparison being based off color. Although I'm sure you were joking the fact of the matter is that is was a pretty dumb joke, since 3 fourths of the players are black. Now if i would have compared JJ Redick to Brent Barry your post would have made sense. Therefore you facepalm should have been reserved for yourself or just not used... eitherway I do think that Jimmy and a young Caron are fair comparisons.
    My comment was sarcastic. You then went out of your way to tell us how many black players are in the NBA, and to also prove you aren't racist? hence the Relax dude.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 72 Wins View Post
    My comment was sarcastic. You then went out of your way to tell us how many black players are in the NBA, and to also prove you aren't racist? hence the Relax dude.
    Im black, I said that not to prove i wasnt racist but to prove how unsarcastic your sarcasm was. Sarcasm is only sarcasm when its a sharp bitter or cutting ironic remark, but theres nothing ironic about saying "because they're black" in a league full of black people unless the initial comparison wasnt valid, which it was... anyway this isnt supposed to be about your lack of understanding sarcasm its about jimmy buckets beans butler. But its all good we cool
    Last edited by emberblaze77; 01-11-2013 at 03:29 PM.

vCash
    Lol

vCash
    lol

vCash
    Although I'm sure you were joking the fact of the matter is that is was a pretty dumb joke, since 3 fourths of the players are black.
    Pretty sure thats actually the reason why it was a joke, and a pretty decent one, relatively speaking. Kinda like someone saying the reason they made the comparison between two bullfighters in mexico was that they were both hispanic. That wouldnt be somewhat humorous to you?

Now if i would have compared JJ Redick to Brent Barry your post would have made sense.
    Yea it would have made sense, but that wouldn't be humorous in the slightest, which obviously was the poster's goal.

but theres nothing ironic about saying "because they're black" in a league full of black people unless the initial comparison wasnt valid, which it was
    Even if you thought that to be true(which it isnt), its only your opinion that the comparison was valid, so you're pretty much saying it could be ironic for everyone else in the world who might disagree with your opinion.

(Its mostly humorous because the person telling the joke is putting faith in the reader that the reader will assume that the joke teller is putting faith in him not to be ******** and think that the joke teller is not putting faith in him that he is not in fact ******** himself)
    Last edited by phen0m; 01-11-2013 at 08:35 PM.

vCash
    now we just need to cover gun control and same-sex marriage

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast