Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezio View Post
    I would think that the Lakers will try to make Rip and Jimmy switch.
    jimmy just has to go at metta screens with high elbows. this is where james johnson would be useful. i want a james johnson vs metta fight.

vCash
    Yeah, he should definitely guard Kobe.

And then. He made them pancakes.

vCash
    WOWZA WOWZA, Jimmy B did a number on Kobe defensively and his fadeaway jumper ala Jordan was brilliant. Our Jimmy has a great future methinks on both sides of the court. If he learns to knock down 3's the sky is the limit.

vCash
    Jimmy can knock down corner threes. I think that's enough to space out the floor for D.Rose.

What I like him to work on is his dribble. It seems he can beat a defender with his quickness. Problem is, he doesn't have a chance to do iso's in Thibs system.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BULLSFAN0810 View Post
    he (butler) will be very very very good...a starter in 2-3 years. he can play defense ...thats a big plus. he rebounds well.... and the unnoticed thing...he plays above the rim. he is now hitting the 15 footers better..he needs to focus on the side 3. his dribbles or creating will come bc he has to understand what his speed and athleticm will allow him to do,then he will conform his game. The thing i like and i dont think people see is he isnt forcing it.which leads me to think when he does get a handle of the speed and the tempo we will see his ball handling and scoring go up due to him imo being a REAL STEAL IN THE DRAFT...REAL STEAL...WATCH!

THINK ABOUT IT..THIBS IS PLAYING HIM ... THIBS PLAYS NO YOUNG DUDE

PREDICTION BEFORE THE LA vs BULLS GAME ......CHUUUURCH

vCash
    All Jimmy needs to do is work on shooting the ball and I hope he's does that in practice and do it during the off season. He does that then we definitely got an steal out of the draft he came from.

BULLS ZORD

vCash
    He has good hair

looked alright in the Memphis game or maybe the Boston game, was drinking heavily all weekend so it's kind of a blur.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

vCash
    Butler is proving he deserves minutes. Any chance when Deng returns Butler still gets more minutes? Would like to conserve Deng a bit, see his minutes drop to less than 35 a game

vCash
    Nice recap by ESPN Chicago.

Link: http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/story...bryant-stopper

Jimmy Butler helped limit Kobe Bryant to 16 points in another loss for the reeling Los Angeles Lakers, but the Chicago Bulls swingman said Tuesday he's no "Kobe Stopper," as his teammates called him after the game.

Waddle & Silvy

Jimmy Butler joins Waddle & Silvy to talk about his night defending Kobe Bryant, his increased role, Derrick Rose's progress and more.

"For one, that is not my nickname, and for two, I feel like everywhere he went I was there but also one of my teammates was there, two of my teammates were there," Butler said Tuesday on "The Waddle & Silvy Show" on ESPN Chicago 1000. "So if I was beat, they were always there to help me. It never was really just me guarding him. It was always four other guys, and that's what makes this team so great, because we always have each other's back on the court and off the court."

With Luol Deng out for a third straight game because of a hamstring injury, the job of slowing down Bryant fell on Butler, and he proved up to the challenge on Monday. Playing a team-high 43 minutes, Butler helped limit Bryant to 16 points on 7-of-22 shooting in the Bulls' 95-83 victory over the Lakers on Monday.

Bryant, who averages 29.2 points on the season, has averaged 21.3 points the past three games -- all losses -- while shooting 31.6 percent. The loss to the Bulls was the Lakers' ninth in their past 11 games.

With his mother -- a big Bryant fan -- in attendance, Butler's NBA reality hit him as he faced one of the greatest scorers in the history of the league.

"Growing up I was like, I want to play like Kobe, I want to be in Kobe's position, and now you're on the opposing team and you've got to guard Kobe," Butler said. "It's a blessing, that's exactly what it was."

After he played sparingly last season as a rookie out of Marquette, Butler's role was expected to increase this year with the loss of Ronnie Brewer in free agency. He's averaging 18.7 minutes a game on the season, but his workload has increased dramatically with Deng out.

Butler has averaged 13.7 points, 6.7 rebounds and 38.7 minutes a game during his three-game stint in place of Deng, who leads the NBA, averaging 39.8 minutes a game.

"I feel great. It's crazy to see what Lu goes through night in and night out, but I'm glad to help the team win games in any way that I can," Butler said. "Right now I feel like my work off the bench is really helping."

Butler, who was effective against the Heat's Dwyane Wade earlier this season, said he is not intimidated when it comes to guarding the NBA's best.

"I feel like I'm going to go out and guard everybody like I can to the best of my abilities," Butler said. "It's crazy, that's what my teammates do. When you play great, they'll let you know, and they will always be happy for you. I think that's the biggest part of my game. They're giving me confidence, and with, confidence a lot of things can happen."

vCash
    How does Turner like sound to you guys?

vCash
    Me Mr Bicentennial Man

vCash
    I hadn't thought about that comparison but I think that I like it the more I think about it. I don't think Jimmy will ever have the ball handling/ distributing skills Turner does but If he can work on his range this of season we definitely have a steal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chicagofan08 View Post
    "For one, that is not my nickname, and for two, I feel like everywhere he went I was there but also one of my teammates was there, two of my teammates were there," Butler said Tuesday on "The Waddle & Silvy Show" on ESPN Chicago 1000. "So if I was beat, they were always there to help me. It never was really just me guarding him. It was always four other guys, and that's what makes this team so great, because we always have each other's back on the court and off the court."
    This is the best part about Butler and this Bulls team. Not many players in the league can say this with any sort of confidence. For someone as young as him to be able state it with emphasis says loads about Thibs coaching and the mentality of this Bulls squad.

vCash
    Man Butler just keeps looking better and better with the more playing time he gets! I liked him as a rookie when he played solid D on Lebron. His defense has gotten better along with every other part of his game. Love the way he crashes the offensive boards. He is extremely athletic. He makes some high flying dunks look effortless! He's going to be a solid piece to have around Rose for a long time.

vCash
    I see alittle Caron Butler in the young fella

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast