Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Updated opinions on Jimmy?

what do you think about him and his play as of late? he finally has the confidence to take it to the hole or go 1v1 at least sometimes... hopefully he starts doing it more. anybody think he could eventually start at SG or SF? it probably depends on if he can develop a consistent 3 point shot and evolve from a great to top defender at one of the positions.

vCash
    Has the tools and has a motivator in Rose. I think he can end up being a bit like Deng.

vCash
    Yes, he can be a starter in this league. If people think Ronnie Brewer can be a starter for teams, then so can Jimmy Butler. Tony Allen's become a starter in this league, so can Jimmy Butler. And so on. Jimmy can be that perfect player coming off the bench for this team for another 3+ years until we need him to start.

Remember when people were upset with the Bulls' drafting philosophies? Well, they've drafted Taj Gibson, Jimmy Butler, Omer Asik, Nikola Mirotic, and Aaron Gray in the late 1st or 2nd round of the NBA draft in recent memory. That's quite a pedigree.

vCash
    WHITE PANTHER. James Johnson is starting too. I think people that questioned this organization's drafting abilities, should look at the players that the Bulls have drafted that are still in the league.

vCash
    I am so pissed Tyrus Thomas sucks. I had high hopes for him but at least he will hopefully turn into another lottery pick for us.

vCash
    Buckets.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezio View Post
    Has the tools and has a motivator in Rose. I think he can end up being a bit like Deng.
    I said this when he was drafted and was **** on for it.

Never the offensive player but defensively he could.

I loved watching him at Marquette.
    http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/n...pscf85bcd0.png

vCash
    Right he played up north. He has shown glimpses and he has a knack to get to the line. He just doesn't get enough PT.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by haggis View Post
    Buckets.
    This

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by el hidalgo View Post
    what do you think about him and his play as of late? he finally has the confidence to take it to the hole or go 1v1 at least sometimes... hopefully he starts doing it more. anybody think he could eventually start at SG or SF? it probably depends on if he can develop a consistent 3 point shot and evolve from a great to top defender at one of the positions.
    butler is a nice bench/role player and thats all he will ever be. some quick pros:

1. He has the ability to be one of the best defensive sgs in the league
    2. He has a nice touch, this shows at the ft line where he shoots 85%
    3. his awareness is really high, as he is always around the ball, and grabs alot of offensive rebs for his size

Cons:

1. I think the biggest one, which is going to keep him from being a star is he cant dribble. his handles for a sg are terrible. maybe the worst in the league.
    2. Lacks swag. Something all the stars in this league have.
    3.Isnt a long range shooter. will need to work on it if he wants to have any success in this league.

So his peak to me is bruce bowen/ tony allen . hopefully he will work hard on the corner 3 and long range shot. because thats where his points will come from.
    Last edited by nolin; 01-10-2013 at 06:56 PM.

vCash
    The only thing you can really ask him at this point is to develop a better shot. His defense and effort is astounding and he can really jump. Could be come a perfect backup once his offense improves.

The Wizards' missing piece.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by I am Smart View Post
    The only thing you can really ask him at this point is to develop a better shot. His defense and effort is astounding and he can really jump. Could be come a perfect backup once his offense improves.
    He has a good jumper just gets timid. SWAG? TD doesn't have swag and he's a superstar longer than some of these "superstars" have been.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezio View Post
    He has a good jumper just gets timid. SWAG? TD doesn't have swag and he's a superstar longer than some of these "superstars" have been.
    TD has swag. he might have it quietly but you better believe he thinks hes the best bigman when hes out on the court

vCash
    Jimmy Butler this season:

at rim: 36/51 = 70.6%
    3-9 ft: 4/13 = 30.8%
    10-15: 3/9 = 33.3%
    16-23: 16/35 = 45.7%
    from 3: 3/16 = 18.8%

i don't care if Jimmy doesn't develop a three pointer so long as he can maintain those awesome efficiencies at the rim and from mid-range.

vCash
    He needs to develop some swag and real hops.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast