Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Hal wants Championships......
    I'm not sure about that. I think Hal wants to at least be in the mix. If the team is in the mix I think he's ok with it. His father wanted championships.
    Friend: I think the NBA payed off the Heat in the first yr because of the politics. They threw game four and they payed Lebron because they were angry with what he did. So he had pay one way or another.

F:There is no one in the draft coming out and trading players isn't going to happen. The Lakers are in trouble.

F: Vogel doesn't run that team. Shaw does. If he leaves they are going to suck and Vogel will get fired.

-Heat fan

vCash
    How any fan complains about our ownership is beyond foolish.

Our team is STACKED FOR THE LAST 20 years!!!!!!

Jeez....I thought I was a spoiled snob, but you guys may be worse!

We are so damn lucky to root for this team, it's ridiculous.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

"Wait a second.....did they say they are releasing new names from Biogenesis soon? I think I may have just soiled myself..."

Tick....tock.....tick....tock...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LeoYankee View Post

It's not about being spoiled. It's about the team losing the one advantage they have. They aren't the Rays when it comes to developing and they aren't out smarting other ball clubs. This team has had money as a safety net for decades but now they are saying let's cut back. The thing is they are putting money over championships.
    Friend: I think the NBA payed off the Heat in the first yr because of the politics. They threw game four and they payed Lebron because they were angry with what he did. So he had pay one way or another.

F:There is no one in the draft coming out and trading players isn't going to happen. The Lakers are in trouble.

F: Vogel doesn't run that team. Shaw does. If he leaves they are going to suck and Vogel will get fired.

-Heat fan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BigCityofDreams View Post
    It's not about being spoiled. It's about the team losing the one advantage they have. They aren't the Rays when it comes to developing and they aren't out smarting other ball clubs. This team has had money as a safety net for decades but now they are saying let's cut back. The thing is they are putting money over championships.
    He's clearly stating that there is no reason they can't win with $189m....still the highest by far in our league.

If it doesn't work, he clearly says he will adjust.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

"Wait a second.....did they say they are releasing new names from Biogenesis soon? I think I may have just soiled myself..."

vCash
    He's clearly stating that there is no reason they can't win with $189m....still the highest by far in our league.

If it doesn't work, he clearly says he will adjust.
    Most of that money is tied up in players nearing the end or past their prime. They could win with 189 if they were in a better position prospect and roster wise.

He also feels that 189 isn't a one yr thing. Does anyone honestly believe they will spend like normal if things don't go right.

-Heat fan

vCash

You tell em Leo!

vCash
    Most of that money is tied up in players nearing the end or past their prime. They could win with 189 if they were in a better position prospect and roster wise.

He also feels that 189 isn't a one yr thing. Does anyone honestly believe they will spend like normal if things don't go right.
    Yes, I do believe. They always have.

But if I were Hal, I'd say fk off to anyone complaining. We have had an all star team forever.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

vCash
    Yes, I do believe. They always have.

But if I were Hal, I'd say fk off to anyone complaining. We have had an all star team forever.
    They always have but they never had a self imposed restrictions.

That all star team is part of the reason they have been in the players all those yrs. He once again threw the gauntlet down the kids on the farm. When next season rolls around and they have anywhere from 100-109 committed to the payroll before does he honestly believe the kids on the farm and one yr deals is going to be good enough

-Heat fan

vCash
    I think he deserves a chance to let our current crap deals wind down and retool.

Putting band aids on a gunshot wound won't help.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

vCash
    That plan would be ok if he had young high end players on the team already contributing. The fans can take second exits does anyone think they can take rebuilding. There were empty seats during the playoffs.

-Heat fan

vCash
    This is not a knock, but how old are you?

20s?
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

vCash

20s?
    82-94 were really rough years to watch the Yankees.

In 1990 they didn't have a starter who posted an ERA under 4.10

I'm only 27 so 82-85 I wasn't alive for and too young to remember 85-88...But I remember the 88-94 years. :cry:

We as fans have been very lucky over the last 19 years.

vCash

20s?
    Yes I'm in my 20s. I'm not a buy every player fan. They passed on Hamilton for five yrs and I was ok with that because that's too long for him imo. They passed on Greinke I was ok with that too. My problem is what Hal wants to do is harder than he realizes and he is assuming the fans will just roll along with it. When you have fans talking more about the payroll than the actual team that's not a good thing

-Heat fan

vCash
    Yes I'm in my 20s. I'm not a buy every player fan. They passed on Hamilton for five yrs and I was ok with that because that's too long for him imo. They passed on Greinke I was ok with that too. My problem is what Hal wants to do is harder than he realizes and he is assuming the fans will just roll along with it. When you have fans talking more about the payroll than the actual team that's not a good thing
    Yes, I understand you are a rabid fan, which is great. As you get older, you tend to look at things from a business perspective as well.

As a business owner, I do this a lot.....maybe too much.

But it's reality that the only thing that matters I'm business is making money. Nothing else.

That's Hals number one goal. If he can do that while winning and making fans happy......great.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

vCash
    Yes, I understand you are a rabid fan, which is great. As you get older, you tend to look at things from a business perspective as well.

As a business owner, I do this a lot.....maybe too much.

But it's reality that the only thing that matters I'm business is making money. Nothing else.

That's Hals number one goal. If he can do that while winning and making fans happy......great.
    True and nothing wrong with making money but under the Steinbrenner ownership winning and making money has always gone hand and hand. This is the first time in a long time where the bottom line is coming into play.

-Heat fan

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast