Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Jerry Jones; The next Al Davis?

Simple question..

Is Jerry Jones on his way to becoming the next Al Davis?

IMO, I think the media makes these guys out as a lot more evil and stupid than they really are. I have a feeling Jerry Jones will be scrutinized as heavily as Al Davis in the near future.
    Last edited by blakersburris; 01-10-2013 at 04:13 PM.

vCash
    senile?
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    I have been telling my brother this who is a cowboys fan for about 3 years now. He still doesn't agree

vCash
    When you put yourself out there the way Al did and the way Jerry does the media is going to scrutinized.

vCash
    He's not as crazy or mentally unstable as Al was, but I could see this happening.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    senile?
    More like stuck in his own ways.

Senility, dementia, mental degradation of every order, that will happen to most of us, if you are lucky enough (or unlucky enough) to live that long. It's inevitable.

But like many men who have experienced the pinnacle of success using "their" philosophy and methodology, evolution often comes to a complete halt. Many Raider fans thought that we had seen Al Davis change when he FINALLY decided to not only use the West Coast offense championed by his best friend, Bill Walsh, but allowed a head coach just enough input to bring in an otherwise weak-armed QB (by Al Davis standards) to run the show.

Sadly, it would only take a few short years later for fans of the Silver and Black to find out that old, once brilliant men do not and can not change their spots.

Good luck to all of the Dallas Cowboys fans. The road that you're presently on, we've already trod...and it doesn't end well.
    "The United States military doesn't DO pin pricks." ~ President Barack Obama.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderLakersA's View Post
    More like stuck in his own ways.

Senility, dementia, mental degradation of every order, that will happen to most of us, if you are lucky enough (or unlucky enough) to live that long. It's inevitable.

But like many men who have experienced the pinnacle of success using "their" philosophy and methodology, evolution often comes to a complete halt. Many Raider fans thought that we had seen Al Davis change when he FINALLY decided to not only use the West Coast offense championed by his best friend, Bill Walsh, but allowed a head coach just enough input to bring in an otherwise weak-armed QB (by Al Davis standards) to run the show.

Sadly, it would only take a few short years later for fans of the Silver and Black to find out that old, once brilliant men do not and can not change their spots.

Good luck to all of the Dallas Cowboys fans. The road that you're presently on, we've already trod...and it doesn't end well.
    al davis was senile

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    al davis was senile
    I'm not his physician or immediate family member, so I wouldn't know.

vCash
    In stubborness, maybe. But Jerry is 1000x the businessman Al was. Just look at their stadiums.

I see Jerry being more like the Stienbrenner of football. Both bought iconic franchises, retuned them to glory in a real short period, and got full of themselves thinking they were the sole reason for the success.

Will Jerry wake up like George did and let football people run the show? We'll see.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderLakersA's View Post
    I'm not his physician or immediate family member, so I wouldn't know.
    the biggest rivalry in football was al davis vs sanity before he died

vCash
    Yes

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Power View Post
    In stubborness, maybe. But Jerry is 1000x the businessman Al was. Just look at their stadiums.

I see Jerry being more like the Stienbrenner of football. Both bought iconic franchises, retuned them to glory in a real short period, and got full of themselves thinking they were the sole reason for the success.

Will Jerry wake up like George did and let football people run the show? We'll see.
    Apples and oranges.

Jerry Jones came to the NFL as a wealthy businessman. Al Davis made his money in the NFL. The difference between being rich and being wealthy.

The stadiums reflect the difference in their pocketbooks and consituency, not necessarily their acumen. Oh, how quickly we forget that the first man Jerry sought out after he bought the Cowboys in order to learn about the NFL was Al Davis. They became fast friends ever since. You'll note that Jerry was one of the first owners to publicly shed a tear and praise Al Davis the day he passed.

vCash
    the biggest rivalry in football was al davis vs sanity before he died
    Wow

Almost 10000 post a year that's nuts

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderfaninTX View Post
    Wow

Almost 10000 post a year that's nuts
    lighten up man, its a joke

vCash
    He's getting close. His personnel moves make absolutely no sense. Last year he signs Carr to a $50 mil dollar contract, and trades a 2nd round pick to move up to take Claiborne, and now he wants to hire Monte Kiffin to play Tampa 2 .

The one thing I wish he would resemble Al more in is firing head coaches.

NYK
    NYY
    STJ
    BIG D
    NYR
    JUVE

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast