Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 2009mvp View Post
    Is there a rule preventing a wink-wink agreement for Soriano to have accepted the qualifying offer from the Yankees on the condition that they trade him immediately? I think that's exactly what happened to him going from Atlanta to Tampa a few years back, but that was under the old system. Seems really unfair for relievers in this situation, it's either take the offer and you're stuck with one team (in this case, where the closer role is already filled) or hit the market and get totally lowballed because of the draft pick compensation you're saddled with.
    The Diamondbacks did this a few years ago. I wanna say it was Juan Cruz being traded to the Royals.

vCash
    All his clients sign later in the off-season.

But teams are a lot more reluctant to shell out large dollars for free agents and forfeit draft picks than they were 5 years ago. Most have realized how horrible of a way it is to run a franchise.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by theslick1 View Post
    They didn't make him a qualifying offer. He was already under contract. He exercised an opt out provision to become a free agent.
    You're right about the option. He did still have to reject the qualifying offer to reach free agency though and signing him still requires a team to surrender their 1st rounder (2nd in some cases), which is the issue at hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    yea that really sucks getting paid 12 million dollars to be the set up man................

he made his bed, time to sleep in it
    Yeah it does suck to hit the free agent market (having opted out or not, that's irrelevant) and not be paid what you're talents are worth because you're tied to draft pick compensation. I agree.

vCash

Yeah it does suck to hit the free agent market (having opted out or not, that's irrelevant) and not be paid what you're talents are worth because you're tied to draft pick compensation. I agree.

Players have negotiated contracts in the past that contain language prohibiting teams from making qualifying offers. As to not limit their market the next offseason by having draft picks attached to them.. This should be on top of every middle class free agent mind right now and their agents..

vCash
    He was affective for a long while, but with anyone that operates like he does, people get sick of your ****. People dont even want to deal with him, thus, they dont want to deal with his clients.

He can be beat back if teams just black ball his guys. He turns guys that seem to be content into sour, malcontent cancers, and they just arent worth the headache at some point.

Not to mention, i think he has been doing something illegal and getting guys to invest with someone tied to him, and that guy took a bunch of athletes' money. I dont know if its ILLEGAL or just against some agent/ athlete rule. But Drew introduced guys to Jeff Rubin, his friend as well as a financial advisor, and all of them lost 100s of millions of dollars on crooked "investments"
    I also could be completely blurring the line with Drew Rosenhaus, but i still think theyre both tied to Rubin.
    Last edited by KingPosey; 01-11-2013 at 04:09 AM.

vCash
    It would help Boras if he'd cut way back on the absurd hyperbole: he called Michael Bourn "a franchise player," which isn't even remotely connected to the truth.

vCash
    Maybe all these GM's are realizing that with boras you never get a good return on your money Or rarely ever!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BadnewzNiners View Post
    Maybe all these GM's are realizing that with boras you never get a good return on your money Or rarely ever!
    15 in 15 baby!

Ariana Grande

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SFrush90 View Post
    15 in 15 baby!
    It may be because its late but I don't get it? Explain?

vCash
    You're right about the option. He did still have to reject the qualifying offer to reach free agency though and signing him still requires a team to surrender their 1st rounder (2nd in some cases), which is the issue at hand.

yes, but he knew that ahead of time. and agian, if the yankees were far and away the bets offer when he had a better year in tampa, why would he expect a different scenario now when he was 2 years older? its all around stupid for sorianoi to not tkae the 12 mil and try the free agent market next year

plus, big money deals to non-mariano rivera releivers generally dont work, another thing he should have realized when passing up 12 mil
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    Nope, pulled this out of his ***

vCash
    If Boras hit a wall there would no longer be a wall.

vCash
    holy **** thats a big deal for soriano
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    I hope it's a brick wall and he's wearing no seatbelt
    Tottenham Hotspur
    San Francisco Warriors
    San Francisco Giants
    San Francisco 49ers

vCash
    The question now is who will sign the Bourn ultimatum.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast