Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

seau CTE confirmed

When Junior passed we did a thread, and I laid into some of you who chose words like quitter or loser to describe his suicide.

here is a link that describes CTE

http://www.google.com/url?q=http://w...f0EpUXUXywr9uA

In short,brain trauma ,even a single incident can lead to mental disfunction that escaltes to horrific consequence.

I only bring it up again so people that might take the time to read this understand that, million s of people have similar issues SIMPLY FROM A GENETIC DISPOSITION.

dont call addicts,or homeless people, or people on welfare, lazy,or queens,or mooches.That is a ridiculous explaination that serves only to reward yourself for being BETTER,and more deserving.
    there is simply well, and unwell.
    If you are well, thank God, not yourself, and for those that are unwell, you should have nothing but compassion.

vCash
    Agreed! Although I know for a fact there's people out there that like to take advantage of their situation(not to be applied to those which have real medical issues)...
    Last edited by bigjunior559; 01-10-2013 at 02:43 PM.
    "The Greatness Of The Raiders Lies In The Future"-Al Davis

vCash
    Man, something in me cries every time I see his name. Mr. Tiaina Seau Jr., you
    are missed. We were blessed to know you. Pray for us, and rest in God's peace.
    --DEUS CARITAS EST--
    LIGHT UP THE HALO!

vCash
    The guy never had an "off" button. It's an unfortunate part of the game. I don't really think that anyone can tell when it's time to quit. This brings reality back into football. This is something I don't think they'll ever prevent.
    Rest in peace!

vCash

vCash
    believing what you believe in. sticking up for your rights and sticking up for the rights of others from time to time. do it your way. don't let the culture tell you what to do. that's being a Raider. -Al Davis

vCash
    Nice post SK
    Don't like me?

Go have a seat with the rest of the putas waiting for me to give a flying fk.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbacknick View Post
    The guy never had an "off" button. It's an unfortunate part of the game. I don't really think that anyone can tell when it's time to quit. This brings reality back into football. This is something I don't think they'll ever prevent.
    Rest in peace!
    Yeah, now that motor is the basis for a frivolous lawsuit brought by his family against the NFL.

Apparently, his family didn't get the memo that Junior played this way and are seeking damages from the NFL.

The lawsuit alleges the NFL deliberately withheld information about head trauma.

Good luck with that as damages of that sort have an extremely high burden to prove. The Plaintiff must show causation between the NFLs actions and the specific damages.

Nothing like a money grab to taint your loved ones memory.

vCash
    Being in the military i see this all the time. Ive lost more friends to suicide than combat. But it all starts somewhere.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderBeNasty View Post
    Being in the military i see this all the time. Ive lost more friends to suicide than combat. But it all starts somewhere.
    Yeah but he knew the risks and contributed to his own damage.

The family is not alleging negligence. They are alleging the NFL had information on head trauma and concealed it with malice. This crosses over in to tort law and sets the bar extremely high for them to prevail. Normally, common law negligence involves the breach of a duty where the breach is the direct cause of the damages. They first need to prove that the damage Seau incurred was intentionally inflicted. I am surprised they didn't file this under negligence theory instead of a malice claim where the bar is much higher.

I find it very hard to believe the NFL had information that Seau's own Doctors didn't have.

This stinks of a shakedown suit by an ambulance chasing lawyer who is exploiting the family's grief.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderBeNasty View Post
    this is partly why I have been addressing this issue.I dont really care whos "fault" one thing or another is, what bothers me is how many conservative idealed people are so willing to allow people to suffer on the streets, based on the idea that it is as a character flaw, when the overwhelming number of people who fail in our society have different levels of mental and emotional imbalances.