Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    vCash
    It was a bidding war between us and Tampa, and I guess Shero really wanted Martin. I don't get why, he played like 20 games the season before then got a monster deal. If he doesn't do something, anything, this year, he's gonna get bought out in a heart beat. Even if he does, he still may.

vCash
    He should, the cap hit from him is killing you guys from signing good wingers for Geno and Crosby and you have the best D prospect pool in the league. Buy him out sign a good top 6 winger in FA and let one of the young kids take his spot and probably play better.

vCash
    Martin wasn't that bad last year

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pidg88 View Post
    He should, the cap hit from him is killing you guys from signing good wingers for Geno and Crosby and you have the best D prospect pool in the league. Buy him out sign a good top 6 winger in FA and let one of the young kids take his spot and probably play better.
    How about Niskanen and a 2nd for Seto? I just saw that on HF boards, and a lot of people loved it from both the Pens and Wild side. Only people complaining were Stars fans who miss Niskanen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Killerjug View Post
    Martin wasn't that bad last year
    Yes he really was that bad if you watched him play he really really was that bad. Again at best a 4 D for 5mil cap hit is ridiculous.

Again I say no to that. Niskanen is nice, the 2nd round pick does nothing for us though. We cannot trade Setoguchi we have no one who can take his spot. Coyle isnt ready, Zucker has never played on the right side and Clutterbuck is not a 2nd line winger. PMB and Cullen also cannot play on the ride side effectively. We finally have a true, young top 6 we cant trade any of them really if we want to have a successful balanced attack.

I would do something like Clutterbuck and our 2nd for Niskanen though. Idk if that is very fair but Niskanen is not too good.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pidg88 View Post
    Yes he really was that bad if you watched him play he really really was that bad. Again at best a 4 D for 5mil cap hit is ridiculous.

Again I say no to that. Niskanen is nice, the 2nd round pick does nothing for us though. We cannot trade Setoguchi we have no one who can take his spot. Coyle isnt ready, Zucker has never played on the right side and Clutterbuck is not a 2nd line winger. PMB and Cullen also cannot play on the ride side effectively. We finally have a true, young top 6 we cant trade any of them really if we want to have a successful balanced attack.

I would do something like Clutterbuck and our 2nd for Niskanen though. Idk if that is very fair but Niskanen is not too good.
    That is why I like you in this forum pidg. When I see the trade proposal, I think..."yeah, Martin could help shore up the defense...." but you bring another angle to it, which is value. At 5 mill, he is not worth the value.

vCash
    I dont think hes worth 5 million but still had 27 points +9 (yes i do think that does matter not significantly but still does) and averaged 23 minutes a game wouldn't call that bad

vCash
    Ahhh was that sarcasm again Purple? You have said something like this to me before and I dont understand sarcasm with english not my first language!! But thank you

At ~2.5mil I like him. But again not for Setoguchi he is very key to a balanced attack this year.

Killer 29 points is not that impressive if you think about it. And also the +9 could be contributed to many things and its not the greatest stat to look at (like he played on a great offensive team to make up for their bad defense, lots of PP time). His TOI was nice but he played on a team that (at least in my opinion) was terrible defensively. I mean go back and watch the playoffs with them against Philly. I know its just one series but it pretty much summed up his and the Pens D.

The biggest thing is the cap hit would hamstring us for 3 years and we cant lose Setoguchi. Were wild fans, we know our forwards sucked last year. Trust that a now deep and more talented forward group will get Setoguchi back on track.

vCash
    Alright so if your saying he's overpaid I totally agree and he is definitely not a 5 million a year player

vCash
    Yes extremely overpaid and not that good and has played terrible since leave NJ. Would I pay him half what he is making to be on our second pairing? Maybe, but he would be one of the last on my list.

vCash
    you guys watching the scrimmage tonight? It is on FSN, and supposedly they are attempting to make it as game like as possible...20 minute periods, and referees. Of course the intensity won't be there, as it would be in a game, and I imagine they won't hit each other as hard as they would hit an opposing team, but its a good opportunity to get a glance at the team, as well as checking Dumba out.

I work tonight, I will be recording it.

vCash
    Palmeri has a perma grin. Guys like that make me want to punch them. lol I only caught OT and the shootout of the scrimmage. How'd the boys look? Hanny and Walz said Dumba looked pretty good. Do you agree??

vCash
    Just got done watching the first period...I knew I shouldnt have come here, you ruined it for me Chom.

Parise and Suter are extremely fun to watch. Zucker right now is the most impressive young guy to me thus far. Dumba is very exciting, just as advertised, but he has gotten beat to a lot of pucks thus far, which is to be expected from an 18 year old. Probably not used to the speed yet, and opposing players are probably getting to the puck a lot quicker than he is used to. Dumba did have an electrifying shot on the power play from the blue line, that could have been his goal, but it brushed Palmieri's leg, and Palmieri got credit for the goal. Palmieri laughed about it, and immediately went to Dumba and apologized. Pamieri is sticking out to me right now too...it might be the hair that causes him to stick out, or it just may be that he seems to be in the right place a lot.

Also, I am surprised by the intensity the players have brought tonight. I am sure the crowd has a lot to do with that, the players, I am sure, are excited to be on display again. The intensity has died down a little bit, but it is still more than I thought it would be.
    Last edited by PurpleJesus; 01-17-2013 at 12:15 AM.

vCash
    Just got done with the second period. Dumba looked better in the second, than in the first. Electrifying is such a cliche, but really is the perfect word to describe him. Whenever he has an opening, he lets it rip from the blue line. I am really excited about this kid. Heatley got really aggressive on a power play late in the second, I counted 3 shots on goal from him, just in that power play, the pwer play ended without a goal, but Heatley's aggressiveness was nice to see. Granlund hasnt really impressed, or unimpressed me. Palmieri continues to stick out to me...yet, Veillux and Dowelll, who the announcers continue to say will be fighting with Palmieri for the last roster spot, had very bright spots in the second period as well. Dowell had a goal, and Veillux had some gritty plays, one that resulted in a breakaway opportunity for himself, when he got risky on a pass, and intercepted it, resulting in a rush to the net (no goal). Spurgeon has stuck out to me on defense as well. Hopefully he can emerge this season.
    Last edited by PurpleJesus; 01-17-2013 at 12:46 AM.

vCash
    Third period

Spurgeon sticks out again, with two goals in this period (one empty net), which gives him 3 points on the night.. Zucker still is the most impressive young player, but he missed an open net, which was disappointing to see...although, he did put himself in position to have that great scoring chance...nothing really else to take from the 3rd, pretty boring period actually.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast