Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Not ripping on Stoner, he does his job and does it well, a solid also 4-6 guy but he is a shutdown D and our sand paper on the blue line. Falk needs to learn from him but also keep working on his offensive game because he has a bit of it.

vCash
    Ya agreed falk has a little more offensive game than stoner I guess just see both as more of third pairing type guys although stoner fits with Gilbert

vCash
    Yes I agree. I think Falk could pair well with a risk taking offensive D in our second pairing because he could keep the flow going and stay back to cover what he is better at. I think a good pairing in the future would be Dumba-Falk. Thats a hard hitting, hard shooting pair with some pretty good size. Then when Dumba takes a risk (which he is known to do) Falk is there to cover. Its a righty and a lefty as well.

Suter - Spurgeon
    Falk - Dumba

Thats a pretty good top 4...Although now that I think of it Scandella or Brodin would be a better fit then Falk haha.

vCash
    Cam Barker is still a FA...he is a pretty skilled player.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleJesus View Post
    Cam Barker is still a FA...he is a pretty skilled player.
    Leddy should be ours

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Killerjug View Post
    Leddy should be ours
    What a horrible ****ing trade that turned out to be. I was actually for it when it went down. Also, didn't Barker prove to be a defensive liability in his time here?

vCash
    Barkers main downfall was his skating. The man was a horrible skater, which is what made him a liability. I ****ing hate that trade to my bones for many reasons....Anyways skilled or not Barker is not worth it because he will command at least 2 mil is my guess.

vCash
    Pens fan here. I see that you guys are talking about wanting to get another D, preferably a defensive D. Pens need a winger for Crosby. We have Martin. You have Setoguchi. What would it take for a deal to be made around them? I was thinking something like:

Martin (we'll pay half of his salary), Kennedy and Morrow for Setoguchi and Clutterbuck

Would you guys do that or would the Pens need to throw in more?

vCash
    ^I actually like that idea quite a bit, though I dont really think there is much need for Kennedy at all...but getting Paul Martin to shore up our defense, and putting another quality D prospect like Morrow in the minors would be nice. By moving Setoguchi, we also open room for someone like Coyle, or Zucker. Seto and Clutterbuck is quite a bit to give up though. Fans would hate losing Clutterbuck, and would maybe expect a bit more back.

vCash
    ^I actually like that idea quite a bit, though I dont really think there is much need for Kennedy at all...but getting Paul Martin to shore up our defense, and putting another quality D prospect like Morrow in the minors would be nice. By moving Setoguchi, we also open room for someone like Coyle, or Zucker. Seto and Clutterbuck is quite a bit to give up though. Fans would hate losing Clutterbuck, and would maybe expect a bit more back.
    I put in Kennedy because you would be losing Clutterbuck. The important part of the deal was Martin and Morrow for Setoguchi, but I just really wanted Clutterbuck. I'd love him playing with Cooke.

vCash
    Clutterbuck is much much more valuable than just a throw in in a deal. I think some people would argue he is more valuable than Setoguchi.

vCash
    I didn't say he was a throw in. My rational is bascially that Martin+Morrow>Setoguchi, so to even it out, put in Clutterbuck from the Wild side and TK from the Pens side, since Clutterbuck>TK. I love how Clutterbuck plays, and he could be a viable replacement to Cooke.

vCash
    Clutterbuck is much much more valuable than just a throw in in a deal. I think some people would argue he is more valuable than Setoguchi.
    I would. He impacts the game so much with his physicality, and his skills as a hockey player are improving. Plus he's cheap.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Killerjug View Post
    Leddy should be ours
    Man... Makes me so mad we made that trade...
    \

vCash
    3 Home games to start the year oh yeah

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast