Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    vCash
    i don't think of nash as much of a locker room leader though. i see him constantly teaching and talking on the court though. but i don't see him taking the ball out of kobe's hands. if that veto never happened i could guarantee cp3 wouldn't give in to kobe's ball hogging demands...sigh...the what ifs in life
    Oggi pensu iu, dumani pensa Diu

vCash
    In MDA offense, you are right, it SHOULD be Nash's team.

However, Kobe will never give up the rock.

When they are losing, Kobe insists on single handily trying to bring them back in the game when he should be moving the ball.

I love Kobe, he's the ultimate warrior.

We need team ball right now though.
    Avatar will not change until the Angels reach .500
    thanks to popo85 for sig

vCash
    Yesterday night was really the first night Steve Nash actually looked like PHX-era Steve Nash out there. When D'Antoni was hired and Steve returned, I really did think the system would emulate the PG heavy style of play he was known for implementing. But this team's main problem aside from defensive side of the ball is that it gets bogged down trying to set up established players so much that it kills the offensive flow this system is predicated on, be it Dwight, Kobe etc.

For the Lakers to succeed, there needs to be less of an emphasis on players getting touches and more of individuals finding their shots in the natural flow of the game. Yesterday, aside from Kobe, the team had success because there were no proverbial mouths to feed. But with egos of the likes of Bryant's and Howard's, I fear this positive play will be short-lived.
    Last edited by lakerfan3118; 01-10-2013 at 10:45 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    Talking about avg. shots without even looking at Howard's I can tell you he needs 5 more shots.

An yes the ISO game is killing us. Even when it works it doesn't work because it get the rest of the team out of te rythm of the offense. Kobe can still get his points in the flow of the offense, we all Know Nash will find him the ball and shots.

But please this is getting desperate. We need to run pick n roll all day with Nash and let him at play his game but can WE PLEASE get a SOLID back up PG. I know all these guys Morris, Duhon etc Have had solid spurts but a solid back pg who can pick and roll well and play good defense would be a dream come true.

Not to mention how slow-defensively we are on the perimeters.
    I love it when the bring Kobe off of that curl play towards the middle. Get Kobe moving...he's great at it and Nash will hit him every time. That's the way Kobe should be getting involved. Get some offensive rebounds and back cuts too Kobe. Too many contested mid range jumpers lately. Bad offense.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cimos21 View Post
    I seriously think that D'Antoni doesn't have the balls to draw up a play at the end of the game, where Kobe isn't the #1 option. And if Kobe is the number 1 option on the last shot, the chances of him passing to the #2 or #3 option are slim to none.

But hey, its a great improvement over the Mike Brown end of game shots. Most of those plays resulted in the clock running out before we even got a shot off LOL!
    Well, the Kobe iso 3-pointer has not worked a few times now so I think there is a chance at least that he will try an actual play. That would be nice.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cimos21 View Post
    Lost the game when MWP didnt pass to Kobe on wide open layup and missed, and when Kobe watched Ginobili run right by him and lay it up. 4 point swing because of extremely poor decision making / laziness.
    Yeah, then he made an error on the next play and missed a clean look 3 too. The Lakers really had a great chance at the end of that game...it was not just a "too little too late" scenario. They actually came back with time to spare and were heavily outplaying the Spurs until those dumb plays.

While I am on the topic...what is up with guys on this team not passing to teamates on the fast break? Meeks, Artest, Kobe...I've seen them all do it. Its terrible and stupid. I was happy though when I saw Kobe make the right play the last time he was on the break though. The Lakers don't get enough fast break opportunities to piss them away.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lakerfan3118 View Post
    Yesterday night was really the first night Steve Nash actually looked like PHX-era Steve Nash out there. When D'Antoni was hired and Steve returned, I really did think the system would emulate the PG heavy style of play he was known for implementing. But this team's main problem aside from defensive side of the ball is that it gets bogged down trying to set up established players so much that it kills the offensive flow this system is predicated on, be it Dwight, Kobe etc.

For the Lakers to succeed, there needs to be less of an emphasis on players getting touches and more of individuals finding their shots in the natural flow of the game. Yesterday, aside from Kobe, the team had success because there were no proverbial mouths to feed. But with egos of the likes of Bryant's and Howard's, I fear this positive play will be short-lived.
    Excellent post. Completely agree. If they are going to play the offense play it. If not don't.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    ^ he really should just take over the team in a way. He should be dictating where the ball moves and how the offense should be ran.

I just cringe everytime watching Darius, Artest or pretty much anyone run the ball up the court, when Nash is right there, and we all know he'll make the right play.

We need to play smarter and start using our brains and mouth on the court. This team needs to re-focus and shut out the rest of the world committing itself to one goal, uniting for one purpose to prove everyone wrong.
    Agree!! Metta shouldn't be allowed to dribble for more than 3 seconds..

vCash
    I agree that it would be great if Nash looked to score more. But I also think he's carrying the weight of becoming the team's floor leader, and in taking on that appropriate role he has to try to lead others to the fore rather than trying to step into that role himself.

And I think it's clear now that he's trying to do that:

"I don't know what the best way is to make [Pau and Howard] play together, but I know one thing is that they both got to just play hard and believe and not worry about, 'Hey, how can we make this work,' " Nash said. "We just got to fight and scrap and on defense, use their length and athleticism and on offense, we all got to just be unselfish and sacrifice and make plays for each other regardless of where we are on the floor."

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/s...s-coexist-post
    We're seeing more continuity in the press now between the FO and D'Antoni, and I think Nash's comments signify that the message is working its way down to the team. Whatever you think "your game" is, that's over. Everybody on the Lakers team needs to start playing for the team, not for their own agenda.

For a guy who's only played 12 games with his teammates, I'm pleased to see how Nash continues to step into the leadership role. And as hard as Kobe has been working so far this season, I almost get the feeling that he welcomes it.

vCash
    It is not about being selfish NAsh. It is about taking over when the team demands your power. Defensively I have not seen him being the example ever in his carrier. But he is not attaching as he used to in his Suns years. He is a spoke man for his sorry coach and that's it. Right now he has to step up and hit some shoots. Stop passing the ball to the sorry players in our team! He is over the hill and that is a fact! He might want to lead but I do not think that he has the legs to finish the job! He has no back ups to help him rest and keep up with his style of play and level!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GailGoodrich View Post
    I agree that it would be great if Nash looked to score more. But I also think he's carrying the weight of becoming the team's floor leader, and in taking on that appropriate role he has to try to lead others to the fore rather than trying to step into that role himself.

And I think it's clear now that he's trying to do that:

We're seeing more continuity in the press now between the FO and D'Antoni, and I think Nash's comments signify that the message is working its way down to the team. Whatever you think "your game" is, that's over. Everybody on the Lakers team needs to start playing for the team, not for their own agenda.

For a guy who's only played 12 games with his teammates, I'm pleased to see how Nash continues to step into the leadership role. And as hard as Kobe has been working so far this season, I almost get the feeling that he welcomes it.

Personally,

I can't wait until nash is traded for 2 first round picks at next years trade deadline...

it is gonna be awesome

vCash
    I think it should be Nash's team...he really should be the quarterback on and off the court...BUT...this is Kobe Bryant we are talking about here.

Unless d'Antoni's balls drop out of his vagina and he mans up to sit Kobe when he is sucking all the oxygen from the team when he is not carrying his weight on defense or chucking bad shots out of ego and spite...I just don't see that happening anytime soon.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post
    Personally,

I can't wait until nash is traded for 2 first round picks at next years trade deadline...

it is gonna be awesome

Yeah, but you're a black hole of enthusiasm. What makes you happy doesn't make normal Laker fans happy. Or even normal human beings. Or even inanimate objects like rocks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GailGoodrich View Post
    Yeah, but you're a black hole of enthusiasm. What makes you happy doesn't make normal Laker fans happy. Or even normal human beings. Or even inanimate objects like rocks.
    your posts on this site should be a case study at harvard on flip flopping...

you are like a spoiled long island yenta who always blames the symptons and not the disease...

you have not a clue about what is wrong with the Lakers... keep posting

it is entertaining

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post
    your posts on this site should be a case study at harvard on flip flopping...

you are like a spoiled long island yenta who always blames the symptons and not the disease...

you have not a clue about what is wrong with the Lakers... keep posting

it is entertaining
    It's just getting ridiculous. He posts like 78 times per day just repeating the same thing. Just cause he types out essays on the same topic over and over doesn't make me feel like he knows more about what he is talking about.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast