Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I still believe this is Kobe's team and will be until he retires, however Steve Nash is perhaps our most important piece. His on the court leadership and overall court vision is what is missing from this team. He can play a role that Fisher played for the team as the co-captain of the Lakers. This team needs someone who is more vocal in the huddles and is willing to pull guys aside and correct their mistakes, etc... and I saw Nash doing that last night and he's been doing that all year, even when he was hurt. He's willing to talk to guys and really breakdown the game. You can see that he is a natural leader.

As far as Kobe is concerned, Kobe's leadership style is different. He's very direct, almost to a fault and is a tough guy to play with. He's a lot like Jordan and Bird. They not only led by example but they put fear in you while leading and so you need a leader like Nash or Scottie Pippen or Dennis Johnson to balance out that form of leadership. You have to have thick skin to play on a Kobe led team or a Bird/Michael led team. If you are weak minded and or against constructive critcisim and against someone that is going to be in your grill when you make a mistake, then you are on the wrong team. All of the guys I mentioned rule with an iron fist........ Dwight Howard is having a tough time adjusting to this because he's not used to someone holding him to a higher standard.
    Last edited by Lakersfan2483; 01-10-2013 at 04:03 PM.
    http://i44.tinypic.com/nl7ngy.jpg

Bring Back the Zen Master.

vCash
    ^ he really should just take over the team in a way. He should be dictating where the ball moves and how the offense should be ran.

I just cringe everytime watching Darius, Artest or pretty much anyone run the ball up the court, when Nash is right there, and we all know he'll make the right play.

We need to play smarter and start using our brains and mouth on the court. This team needs to re-focus and shut out the rest of the world committing itself to one goal, uniting for one purpose to prove everyone wrong.
    #FreeCrooner!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    ^ he really should just take over the team in a way. He should be dictating where the ball moves and how the offense should be ran.

I just cringe everytime watching Darius, Artest or pretty much anyone run the ball up the court, when Nash is right there, and we all know he'll make the right play.

We need to play smarter and start using our brains and mouth on the court. This team needs to re-focus and shut out the rest of the world committing itself to one goal, uniting for one purpose to prove everyone wrong.
    Yes, and I believe Nash needs to be more assertive in terms of demanding the ball from guys like Artest, Morris and even Kobe when coming up the court. Nash should always be the main initiator of our offensive attack. He has to also look to be more aggressive offensively. I am talking averaging around 12 to 13 shots a night until Howard comes back and if the game is close, he should make the right play to Kobe or the open man rather then running these isos at the end of games.

vCash
    For this team to be successful w/o Howard, etc... Nash is going to have to up his avgs to around 16 pts a night and around 10 assists per game. He has to be more selfish as he is a great shooter and generally makes the right play.

*One last thing, he needs to stop trying to force feed Sacre. Sacre cannot produce offensively. I remember watching last night and yelling at the tv saying, "stop running pick and rolls with Sacre" Sacre is not an offensive threat at all. He has to recognize this type of stuff.

vCash
    Talking about avg. shots without even looking at Howard's I can tell you he needs 5 more shots.

An yes the ISO game is killing us. Even when it works it doesn't work because it get the rest of the team out of te rythm of the offense. Kobe can still get his points in the flow of the offense, we all Know Nash will find him the ball and shots.

But please this is getting desperate. We need to run pick n roll all day with Nash and let him at play his game but can WE PLEASE get a SOLID back up PG. I know all these guys Morris, Duhon etc Have had solid spurts but a solid back pg who can pick and roll well and play good defense would be a dream come true.

Not to mention how slow-defensively we are on the perimeters.
    #FreeCrooner!!!!

vCash
    I agree with everyone who says that Nash needs to be more aggressive. I don't fault him to this point for not being so. Between his own extended injury and the delicate nature of team chemistry I know he's been trying to fit in rather than take over. However, between what the team couldn't do when Nash himself was out, and what it can't do when our bigs are out or playing injured, I think it's clear that there's a persistent void that needs to be filled.

Like Magic when he first played with Kareem, I think Nash has done an excellent job of not stepping on anyone's toes. Part of that was the result of his bone break, but I think he's also a fairly shrewd team politician. He's let everybody else try to do what they can do, and now he's well-positioned to be seen as being helpful rather than egotistical if he takes a larger role in what's happening on the court.

The fact that he's shooting our technicals now is a good sign. He's being respected for his skillz, and that in turn is helping the team. If the players begin looking for him more on the break, he'll clearly reward them for giving up the ball by either giving it back or finding the best available shot.

vCash
    when it comes to the fourth quarter or whenever kobe wants he is getting the ball and taking bad shots. I rather see nash handle the ball and create shots instead of kobe.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakersfan2483 View Post
    For this team to be successful w/o Howard, etc... Nash is going to have to up his avgs to around 16 pts a night and around 10 assists per game. He has to be more selfish as he is a great shooter and generally makes the right play.

*One last thing, he needs to stop trying to force feed Sacre. Sacre cannot produce offensively. I remember watching last night and yelling at the tv saying, "stop running pick and rolls with Sacre" Sacre is not an offensive threat at all. He has to recognize this type of stuff.
    nash likes to play with his fellow canadian friend

vCash
    Classic Lakers forum thread... meaningless jibberish

nothing with this team is changing until the FO recognizes that Dandummies system will never work with this roster... which has been recognized by anyone with a minimal BB IQ since the day he was hired.

People who understand basketball know this team is going nowhere and will never work as currently constructed.

As for the pipe dream of the 2014 FA class ... good luck... the ones we would want aren't coming.

The team needs to be blown up... whether that is at the deadline or during the offseason major pieces need to be moved.

We should be listening to every offer for Nash/Howard/Pau and thinking hard about it. (kobe also but that is virtually impossible with his salary).

The KOBE ERA in LA is OVER ...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearljammer II View Post
    I also think Nash is the one that should have have taken final 3 point shot.... you could clearly see Kobe was losing his legs... his last 4 or 5 shots were all short... he didn't have lift in his shot anymore, but he kept chucking... while you have arguably the greatest shooter in NBA history not taking a shot.
    The arguably the greatest shooter in nba history??? I'm pretty sure neither Larry Bird nor Ray allen, nor a bunch of other guys I could rattle off are on this team. Although, that is not to say he is not great shooter, just don't think he is arguably the greatest.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    The arguably the greatest shooter in nba history??? I'm pretty sure neither Larry Bird nor Ray allen, nor a bunch of other guys I could rattle off are on this team. Although, that is not to say he is not great shooter, just don't think he is arguably the greatest.
    Arguably the most efficient shooter in NBA history. Just look at that 90%/50%/40% stat.

The best shooter would be someone who can hit shots while being heavily guarded, like Bird and Allen. Nash is the most efficient because he is far pickier with his shots than those guys. When is the last time you saw Nash shoot a 3pointer with a hand in his face? Have you ever seen Nash get a jumpshot blocked?
    Last edited by Cimos21; 01-10-2013 at 07:51 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cimos21 View Post
    Arguably the most efficient shooter in NBA history. Just look at that 90%/50%/40% stat.
    Then why didn't his manlover Dandummy design the play for him? Is that on kobe or Dandummy?

Just curious how people think Nash is gonna create his own 3 pt shot

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post
    Then why didn't his manlover Dandummy design the play for him? Is that on kobe or Dandummy?

Just curious how people think Nash is gonna create his own 3 pt shot
    I seriously think that D'Antoni doesn't have the balls to draw up a play at the end of the game, where Kobe isn't the #1 option. And if Kobe is the number 1 option on the last shot, the chances of him passing to the #2 or #3 option are slim to none.

But hey, its a great improvement over the Mike Brown end of game shots. Most of those plays resulted in the clock running out before we even got a shot off LOL!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cimos21 View Post
    I seriously think that D'Antoni doesn't have the balls to draw up a play at the end of the game, where Kobe isn't the #1 option. And if Kobe is the number 1 option on the last shot, the chances of him passing to the #2 or #3 option are slim to none.

But hey, its a great improvement over the Mike Brown end of game shots. Most of those plays resulted in the clock running out before we even got a shot off LOL!
    i hear ya... however the difference between brown and dandummy in terms of win/losses is irrelevant... both suck

Anyway, the game last night was lost long before the last shot...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinylman View Post
    i hear ya... however the difference between brown and dandummy in terms of win/losses is irrelevant... both suck

Anyway, the game last night was lost long before the last shot...
    Lost the game when MWP didnt pass to Kobe on wide open layup and missed, and when Kobe watched Ginobili run right by him and lay it up. 4 point swing because of extremely poor decision making / laziness.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast