Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Greg Oden wants to return for 13/14 season

Someone asked in my Comcast/NBC chat yesterday about Greg Oden and whether he'd ever play again. I'm told by Mike
    Conley, his college teammate at Ohio State, that Greg is back in Columbus, taking classes and trying to get into playing shape and that he hopes to be available to hit the free-agent market and join a team before the end of this season. If he can't get his body right by then or there isn't sufficient interest, he intends to take another shot at it next fall. The takeaway: Oden hasn't given up on resuming his -- or, perhaps more accurately, having a -- NBA career.
    http://sulia.com/channel/basketball/...source=twitter

Best fit if he does get in shape? He isn't going to command very much money, or many years, so the risk would be minimal for anyone willing to take a gamble on him.

vCash
    I'm guessing the Heat will take a close look at him.
    2013 Adopt-a-Packer: Aaron Rodgers

vCash
    Greg ory

Big THX to MJ's Bulls and pheagles10 on the sig help!
    Dear T-Mac,
    I miss you.
    Love,
    The Rim

vCash
    Obviously I wouldn't mind him on the Pacers. I think a team like Orlando or maybe even New Orleans would make sense. Miami would make a ton of sense as well, but that depends how much money Oden wants.

AgrÃ*nio, Aitolia Kai Akarnania, Greece, Greece
    vCash
    Miami and Boston should take a look at him. I wouldnt mind Bobcats too. Work him out, see how his knees are

vCash
    Teams are looking to sign him this year but he's not aiming to play until next season. They even say he won't play summer league either.

Phoenix better be a top choice of his. Otherwise he has a mentally disabled agent. We'll need a backup center (possibly a starting center), and have the best medical staff in the league. If he's trying to save his NBA career, he shouldn't be looking to go to a team that will need big minutes out of him right away.

vCash
    BOBCATS!!
    MJ will jump on thisss!!!!

[Packers/Lakers Lover]

"If Rodgers were even just simply as good as Brady or Manning in the playoffs, his team would almost never win. Instead, what we've seen is a super hero act."
    -Peter Bukowski

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by king4day View Post
    Teams are looking to sign him this year but he's not aiming to play until next season. They even say he won't play summer league either.

Phoenix better be a top choice of his. Otherwise he has a mentally disabled agent. We'll need a backup center (possibly a starting center), and have the best medical staff in the league. If he's trying to save his NBA career, he shouldn't be looking to go to a team that will need big minutes out of him right away.
    So if he doesn't go to the Suns, that means his agent does not know what he is doing at all? Right....

vCash
    Title is misinformed.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/88...career-sources

Nearly a year removed from his latest knee surgery, former No. 1 overall pick Greg Oden has decided to resume his playing career but is not planning to return to the NBA before the 2013-14 season, according to sources close to the situation.

Sources told ESPN.com that multiple teams have already expressed interest in signing Oden to a multi-year deal before the end of this season that would allow him to continue his rehab until he can get back on the court in training camp next fall.
    I survived Stephon Marbury's inability
    Jason Kidd, Kenyon Martin, Richard Jefferson era
    I survived them all leaving, a 12-70 season and not getting the #1 pick
    Mikhail Prokhorov buys the Nets
    I survived Melodrama
    Deron Williams traded here
    I survived 248 games missed due to injury, 5 d-league call-ups, 14 different lineups in ONE season, Johan Petro
    I survived Dwightmare
    I survived Avery & PJC's rotations
    THE Offseason - Success TBD

vCash
    I really hope he somehow becomes a good/decent player in this league, but he's just made of glass

vCash
    Boston need him .. they been slipping since they got rid of perkins

vCash
    He'd be good for the Heat.

#wankfortiggins

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kingjaymes23 View Post
    So if he doesn't go to the Suns, that means his agent does not know what he is doing at all? Right....
    I don't think the reasoning is unusual.

Nash came to Phoenix with chronic back issues. He missed very few games as a Sun because of it.

Hill came to Phoenix with ankles issues. He had his first 82 game season and a very healthy tenure with us.

Shaq came to the Suns with I think a foot issue (I forget exactly) but it was never a problem on the Suns.

Amar'e, after returning from microfracture, didn't have any issues with it while with the Suns.

Redd had his Knee problems and they were never a problem in Phoenix.

The proof is there. I just wouldn't understand what would make his agent say, "hey, go to Miami...you can win there". Not saying their medical staff is bad but the Suns have a long history of theirs and with Oden trying to save his NBA career, how would they not be at the top of the list.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JerseyPalahniuk View Post
    I just updated it.

vCash
    he's not coming back this season. The Roxs, Heat or Celtics would take a chance on him if he could.
    shots fired?

I follow rules and appreciate the ignore button

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast