Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jags4Life View Post
    Per APMarklong it is to satisfy the will Rooney rule interviewing one minority coach. According to long and pail kuharsky he has 0 chance .
    Kind of upset at this since I am guessing that means Lovie won't get an interview

vCash
    that was my thinking as well

vCash
    If we hired Mel Tucker id shoot myself in the face

all i BADLY wanna keep is Wr coach sullivan

I really want Greg Roman now

And get Rob Ryan as DC

Big Ben?Naw much better

The Future Of Jacksonville

vCash
    ryan is reportedly going to the rams

The Future Jacksonville Jaguars Power Couple

#InCaldwellWeDon'tTrust

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hotdalton18 View Post
    If we hired Mel Tucker id shoot myself in the face

all i BADLY wanna keep is Wr coach sullivan

I really want Greg Roman now

And get Rob Ryan as DC
    Yeah I really, really hope the new HC is able to keep Sullivan.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TDjacksonville View Post
    ryan is reportedly going to the rams
    good

vCash
    confirming earlier rumors that he would be a candidate for the position, jason la canfora reported on saturday that the jaguars will interview cincinnati bengals offensive coordinator jay gruden for their vacant head coaching job.

The younger brother of former raiders and buccaneers head coach, jon gruden, jay has been the offensive coordinator in cincinnati for two seasons but has already garnered plenty of head coaching attention. La canfora also reported that gruden has already met with the cardinals and is scheduled to meet with the eagles and chargers as well, each of whom are in the market for a new head coach as well. In 2011, he turned down all head coaching interviews and received an extension with the bengals.

Gruden, 45, was a prolific passer with the louisville cardinals before playing professional football in nfl europe and the arena football league. He was the 1992 mvp of the afl and was named the fourth best player in afl history by the league in 2012.

After retirement from professional football, gruden doubled as an offensive assistant for his brother with the buccaneers and the head coach of the afl's orlando predators. He later became the head coach and general manager of the florida tuskers before joining the bengals in 2011.

The bengals finished 2012 with the nfl's no. 12 scoring offense, up from no. 18 in the season prior. The team was eliminated in the wild card round of the playoffs by the houston texans in each of the last two seasons.
    -bcc

vCash
    atlanta falcons special teams coordinator keith armstrong, who has previously been considered a candidate for the jaguars head coaching vacancy, is someone that the team has interest in interviewing, according to ian rapoport of nfl network and nfl.com. Rapoport says that falcons general manager thomas dimitroff has urged new jaguars general manager dave caldwell to take a look at armstrong.

"thomas dimitroff, who was caldwell's former boss, has been harping on him how good special teams coaches can be," rapoport said on 'nfl gameday.' "we'll see if caldwell listens."

armstrong, 47, coached with four different colleges at a variety of positions on both sides of the ball before he was hired as a defensive backs coach for the atlanta falcons. He spent 11 seasons as a special teams coordinator with the chicago bears and miami dolphins before returning to the falcons in 2008 for the same position.

He has already received interviews from the kansas city chiefs and chicago bears for their head coaching vacancies, one of which has been filled. The jaguars are reportedly interviewing defensive coordinator mel tucker for their head coaching job, so armstrong's interview would not necessarily be one to satisfy the rooney rule.

The metrics at football outsiders determined that the falcons had the nfl's no. 16 special teams unit in 2012.
    -bcc

vCash
    a name associated with the jaguars search for a new head coach in 2012 is still one that the team is interested one year later, as cbs sports' jason la canfora reported on air that the jaguars hope to interview denver broncos offensive coordinator mike mccoy for their head coaching position in the event that the broncos lose on saturday to the baltimore ravens.

Mccoy, 40, played quarterback for the utah utes before short stints with the broncos, packers and 49ers in the nfl along with time in nfl europe and the canadian football league. Following retirement from his playing days, mccoy became an offensive assistant for the carolina panthers and rose through the ranks, eventually becoming the team's quarterbacks coach and passing game coordinator.

He joined the broncos in 2009 as quarterbacks coach and offensive coordinator. After acquiring peyton manning in the offseason, the broncos finished the 2012 season with a 13-3 record and the nfl's no. 2 ranked scoring offense. The broncos are scheduled to kickoff a divisional round game against the ravens at 4:30 p.m. Et on saturday.
    -bcc

vCash
    like it

vCash
    Love it

vCash
    I want some more of it
    The Future of The Jacksonville Jaguars
    Duuuuuuuvvvvaaaaaaaalllll

vCash
    haha^

vCash
    Broncos lost....means McCoy is open to interview! Ecstatic about that. Now SF (even though I hate GB and would rather see them lose) has to lose as well as ATL (haven't heard any buzz around Gus Bradley and our HC spot).

vCash
    mccoys offense didnt really impress me vs the ravens.

The Future Jacksonville Jaguars Power Couple

#InCaldwellWeDon'tTrust

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast