Disagree

1. Great City
    2. Up and coming team
    3. Family atmosphere of raps
    4. Good fair coach
    5. defensive minded focus
    6. Minutes without huge expectations
    7. top 5 or 10 sports science and trainers

David Letterman's #1 reason... free health care!

vCash
    I'd rather see the Raps spend some money taking a chance on Oden for a couple seasons then dropping 12-15 million for 4 'blah' small forwards.

vCash
    we dont need oden we have jonas.

this guys has not given any team a reason to beleive he can stay healthy. he is smart to come back for one more pay day but id rather dodge that bullet.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by deaner View Post
    Disagree

1. Great City
    2. Up and coming team
    3. Family atmosphere of raps
    4. Good fair coach
    5. defensive minded focus
    6. Minutes without huge expectations
    7. top 5 or 10 sports science and trainers

David Letterman's #1 reason... free health care!
    Valid points, but for a player in Oden's situation (I'm sure he knows he won't have a 15-year career) I'm sure he'd rather go to a contender and play a decent role to help them try to win a championship.
    He knows he's injury-prone as much as anyone. He knows his career could be over for realzies at any second.
    I doubt he wants heavy minutes. And I doubt he thinks there's any guarantee he'll be healthy in 5 years when we may actually have a chance at contending.
    Then there's the whole going to Canada thing. I'm from Toronto, believe me I love it, but there's no reason Canada would be appealing to Oden. And we have no former NBA/college team mates for him here, no former coaches, no connection that would draw him here.
    He should have enough interest from some of the contending teams. Why would he pass on them and play with us, where he would likely play more minutes, have a higher chance of injury, and have to avoid injury for several years before finding team success.
    Either way I'd rather stick with Jonas.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by conway429 View Post
    Valid points, but for a player in Oden's situation (I'm sure he knows he won't have a 15-year career) I'm sure he'd rather go to a contender and play a decent role to help them try to win a championship.
    He knows he's injury-prone as much as anyone. He knows his career could be over for realzies at any second.
    I doubt he wants heavy minutes. And I doubt he thinks there's any guarantee he'll be healthy in 5 years when we may actually have a chance at contending.
    Then there's the whole going to Canada thing. I'm from Toronto, believe me I love it, but there's no reason Canada would be appealing to Oden. And we have no former NBA/college team mates for him here, no former coaches, no connection that would draw him here.
    He should have enough interest from some of the contending teams. Why would he pass on them and play with us, where he would likely play more minutes, have a higher chance of injury, and have to avoid injury for several years before finding team success.
    Either way I'd rather stick with Jonas.

I like JVal too... Why again are we getting rid of him if oden comes? : ) both have room here... And I would say that we would need a upgraded big body to complement the two.

I don't see him being an eddy curry type and choosing a team to sit in the bench to get a ring. Think of how this guy has worked to get back vs how many games he's played. He has the heart of a warrior as far as I'm concerned. His knees....maybe not, but I'll give Alex a shot at doing what he does best. We are talking about an elite level defensive centre when healthy.

vCash
    Oden won't sign here!

vCash
    he probobly doesnt want to come here, he will be a backup if he does
    Blue Jays 2013 world champs, just watch

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by scaramantula View Post
    he probobly doesnt want to come here, he will be a backup if he does
    He would get minutes here. It would be awesome to see what he can do. Depends what other higher calibre teams have minutes for him. He wants to play.

He probably wants solid training staff and a chance to play. Even if he is starting with 15 a night I bet he would be thrilled. We can offer him that. If he plays well enough he could easily play 20-25 minutes here. Sharing a little time with JVal perhaps.

What a glorious front court that could be if Oden stayed healthy.

JVal/Oden/Davis/Johnson/Gray

In all reality my guess is Miami if he takes the minimum and they will give him minutes. It would give them potentially one real centre. It makes so much sense for them to take a chance on him. That would be the most ridiculous lineup to play against.

Healthy Oden
    Bosh
    Lebron
    Wade
    Chalmers

Haslem
    Allen
    Miller
    Battier

Here's hoping that doesn't become reality because they wouldn't need much to fill out that roster.

vCash
    Oden for backup.

I think with Oden, you have to limit his minutes to bench player 6th man minutes. He is a walking time bomb.

BUT if he plays, he's a bonafide all star player in what you get with him.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12