Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    vCash
    Stats without context is misleading.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by greg_ory_2005 View Post
    What is this thread about? Are you comparing Lowry to Curry? Or are you arguing that we keep him instead of Jose?
    Yes that is his argument.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by poleandreel View Post
    I'm going to tell a little story. As an OKC fan, it was disturbing to watch Jeff Green and his poor defense play against so many bigger opponents. Everyone knew Serge Ibaka was a good defensive player but Scott Brooks wouldn't give him more minutes. We were winning games with green so no one was looking to make a change.

Then he eventually got more minutes because Green was traded. Ibaka blossomed into a very good player. But still, Scott Brooks wouldn't give him starters minutes.

However, his increased playing time made us a much better post defense team as well as catapulted us into the contender tier.

This year, with full-on starters minutes, Ibaka is at 15/8/3 blocks and 57% fg. He is a huge reason that missing harden hasn't effected it us that much.

Lesson: play the better player even if you are winning games with the other player. It is better in the long run for the team.

I totally disagree when you are talking about a PG that is acting selfish. Jose is clearly outplaying Lowry... I can't believe you can't see that.

vCash
    question: if calderon is so good at getting this bad team involved and the offense going, why is he absolutely atrocious off the bench? is it because he really isn't that good or is it just a coincidence?
    Coincidence or not, you are not understanding my point. I am saying the team is winning right now, and as a fan I enjoy that. I know Lowry is the better player, but I am only interested in the team winning.

vCash
    I hate this whole situation.

I just hope Calderon is traded soon so this gets resolved.

SWAGUEZ!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmath View Post
    I hate this whole situation.

I just hope Calderon is traded soon so this gets resolved.
    The fact that this happened, really makes me second guess Lowry. What if we get a PG down the line that is better than him. Will he still have a ***** fit?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mjt20mik View Post
    The fact that this happened, really makes me second guess Lowry. What if we get a PG down the line that is better than him. Will he still have a ***** fit?
    Yes.
    Raptors Franchise Checklist:
    Rebuild with young players [ ]
    Build contending team [ ]
    Host NBA All-Star Weekend [ ]
    Win Championship [ ]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mjt20mik View Post
    what, its not like Calderon didn't want to be traded once he figured they traded for Lowry.

vCash
    Both are great scorers who can also facilitate when they have to.

Both can be good defenders but gamble to come up with steals.

Lowry has been better unanimously. Not to mention curry is a pretty bad defender.

So for all of you so called fans, would you give up on Steph Curry for calderon?

I like Lowry tho, I don't think he's got Steph Curry talent, but he's good.

vCash
    the guy that started the thread is a lowry fan not a raptor fan. he doesn't care if the raptors go down the drain he just want this team to make lowry a starting pg not matter what.
    but unfortunately for him in nba teams use players and not the other way around.

if lowry cannot find in him a way to convert his talents in wins for the team he plays then his talent is useless. he was traded from the other two teams because of his attitude. if he cannot smart up his time in nba will be short.

his unfulfilled talent proves just how big of an attitude problems lowry has.

Champs will be champs...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the life View Post
    the guy that started the thread is a lowry fan not a raptor fan. he doesn't care if the raptors go down the drain he just want this team to make lowry a starting pg not matter what.
    but unfortunately for him in nba teams use players and not the other way around.

if lowry cannot find in him a way to convert his talents in wins for the team he plays then his talent is useless. he was traded from the other two teams because of his attitude. if he cannot smart up his time in nba will be short.

his unfulfilled talent proves just how big of an attitude problems lowry has.
    Another interesting fact is that he even said he is an OKC fan. Which means it is in his best interest for us to miss the playoffs and do as poorly in W/L department as possible.

vCash
    So if he is Like Curry.

How come he has never STARTED for a Playoff team?

Curry > Conley, brooks, Dragic,Lin.

COuldnt get over Conley in memphis, was traded.
    Couldnt get over Brooks until he left.
    Started for a while and then Dragic won the spot, then rockets decided to get Lin and trade him.

It does not add up.
    ]

vCash
    Both are great scorers who can also facilitate when they have to.

Both can be good defenders but gamble to come up with steals.

Both are somewhat injury prone but that is a stupid title for freak injuries like Lowry's. I mean, cmon, he doesn't get the same injury twice.

Both fill up the stat sheet in every possible category. Lowry is a great rebounder for a guard, as is Steph.

Steph never played on a winning team in the NBA and missed a ton of games, he is finally getting noticed because he plays with a bunch of good players and for a good coach. The same can't be said for Kyle.

If only Lowry could get a chance.

THIS SEASON:

Lowry has a better PER (22:19)
    Lowry has more winshare/48 (.18 to .154)
    Lowry has a better defensive and offensive rating
    Lowry has a better assist%/rebound%/steal%/block%
    They have the same true shooting% and same turnover%

Lowry has been better unanimously. Not to mention curry is a pretty bad defender.

So for all of you so called fans, would you give up on Steph Curry for calderon?
    Stephen Curry has a higher career TS% and a higher eFG%. He's a better shooter by far.

Lowry is a better defender but he doesn't have the same fluidity to his offensive game that Curry does.

This is a stupid thread since Calderon is going to be eventually traded and Lowry is going to start eventually so none of this bickering actually matters.
    Last edited by Freakazoid; 01-10-2013 at 01:27 PM.

vCash
    Anyway the convo is meaningless jose Needs to be traded.
    High value right now specially because of the 10 million expirings.

In theory Lowry COULD get the raptors a better player in a trade wich would be something to really look into because Lowry when expires will command a 12 M a year contract while jose MAY take a pay cut leaving more cap for the raps to operate.

BUT, of course that path would lead to the risk of Jose boltin in F.a as a **** you to the Raptors F.O that has brought one pg after another to take his job, and seriously who could blame jose if he did that?

So basically.
    Jose needs to be traded.
    ]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellcrooner View Post
    Anyway the convo is meaningless jose Needs to be traded.
    High value right now specially because of the 10 million expirings.

In theory Lowry COULD get the raptors a better player in a trade wich would be something to really look into because Lowry when expires will command a 12 M a year contract while jose MAY take a pay cut leaving more cap for the raps to operate.

BUT, of course that path would lead to the risk of Jose boltin in F.a as a **** you to the Raptors F.O that has brought one pg after another to take his job, and seriously who could blame jose if he did that?

So basically.
    Jose needs to be traded.
    Jose was going to leave regardless. He has been playing on a losing team for his whole career. I wouldn't mind if he left for greener pastures.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast