Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 88
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    13,887
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by poleandreel View Post
    Both are great scorers who can also facilitate when they have to.

    Both can be good defenders but gamble to come up with steals.

    Both are somewhat injury prone but that is a stupid title for freak injuries like Lowry's. I mean, cmon, he doesn't get the same injury twice.

    Both fill up the stat sheet in every possible category. Lowry is a great rebounder for a guard, as is Steph.

    Steph never played on a winning team in the NBA and missed a ton of games, he is finally getting noticed because he plays with a bunch of good players and for a good coach. The same can't be said for Kyle.

    If only Lowry could get a chance.


    THIS SEASON:

    Lowry has a better PER (22:19)
    Lowry has more winshare/48 (.18 to .154)
    Lowry has a better defensive and offensive rating
    Lowry has a better assist%/rebound%/steal%/block%
    They have the same true shooting% and same turnover%

    Lowry has been better unanimously. Not to mention curry is a pretty bad defender.

    So for all of you so called fans, would you give up on Steph Curry for calderon?
    quite possibly, yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

    but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    10,145
    vCash
    2166
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    quite possibly, yes.
    so moving forward you would want Calderon to be the starting PG on this team?



  3. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    toronto....REX
    Posts
    4,994
    vCash
    1500
    Honestly looking at it long term. Is lowry the right fit for the team?

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    10,145
    vCash
    2166
    Quote Originally Posted by BALLER R View Post
    Honestly looking at it long term. Is lowry the right fit for the team?
    yes. a defensive point guard that plays like an allstar, fills up the stat sheet, and young?

    albeit selfish at times but players get flack for passing up the ball.



  5. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,386
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by koreancabbage View Post
    yes. a defensive point guard that plays like an allstar, fills up the stat sheet, and young?

    albeit selfish at times but players get flack for passing up the ball.
    100% agree. He is of the Kryie/Westbrook/Wall/Rose type just on a bit lesser level.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    12,298
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by poleandreel View Post
    Philly
    Portland
    Orlando
    Orlando
    Detroit
    Cleveland
    Dallas
    Houston

    They aren't exactly beating anyone notable and 7 of them were home games.

    Lets also not forget that losing bargnani is addition by subtraction. If you guys really support Calderon over all of the stats pointing to lowry as well as the evidence that bargnani has been out and the raptors have had a ton of home games, there is not hope for you.
    The Raptors were 4-19. I don't know what you are on, but beating any one of those teams (with the exception of CLE) are note worthy. If the Raptors were say in the Lakers shoes and had immense talent, then your point may have some validity. But since the Raptors have close to no talent, every one of those wins have been impressive.

    To further solidify my point...

    HOU, POR are playoff teams. PHI, ORL, DET, and DAL all had better records then the Raptors at the time.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,354
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by poleandreel View Post
    100% agree. He is of the Kryie/Westbrook/Wall/Rose type just on a bit lesser level.
    Dude, I completely agree with you that Kyle Lowry is a lot better than some people make him out to be.....and your comparisons of him to better point guards might have some slight merit.....but the way you structured your argument is pretty much asking for this whole thread to get bashed to bits. You're actually making Lowry look worse than he really is. I've got a feeling you're just a dupe trolling the forum lol

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,386
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by mjt20mik View Post
    The Raptors were 4-19. I don't know what you are on, but beating any one of those teams (with the exception of CLE) are note worthy. If the Raptors were say in the Lakers shoes and had immense talent, then your point may have some validity. But since the Raptors have close to no talent, every one of those wins have been impressive.

    To further solidify my point...

    HOU, POR are playoff teams. PHI, ORL, DET, and DAL all had better records then the Raptors at the time.
    Yes, i get that the raptors wwere bad but they are still only beating bad teams. They are playing evenly with bad teams which still means they are a bad team, therefore keeping calderon or saying he is better than Lwory just because they are now competing with bad teams is stupid. If they were beating Okc, Spurs, Knicks, Boston, Atlanta, Chicago, Indiana, Lakers, Utah, etc then maybe you can make that argument. But he does not have the team playing better.

    THEY HAD THE SECOND EASIEST SCHEDULE THE PAST 10 DAYS. Of course they should win games. Lowry and co. almost beat the spurs in double overtime. Lowry and co. had 4 losses by 5 points or less with a much tougher schedule.

    The raptors got manhandled by okc because westbrook did whatever he wanted on calderon and lowry and co. (in large part to anderson) brought them back in the second quarter.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    10,145
    vCash
    2166
    Quote Originally Posted by mjt20mik View Post
    The Raptors were 4-19. I don't know what you are on, but beating any one of those teams (with the exception of CLE) are note worthy. If the Raptors were say in the Lakers shoes and had immense talent, then your point may have some validity. But since the Raptors have close to no talent, every one of those wins have been impressive.

    To further solidify my point...

    HOU, POR are playoff teams. PHI, ORL, DET, and DAL all had better records then the Raptors at the time.
    well it was about time we won some games. I don't believe we are worse than those teams but Landry Fields was out man. we finally got him back. Landry Fields is the greatest thing since sliced bread or flushing toilets. Landry Fields will replace Mike James as the GOAT.



  10. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    13,887
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by koreancabbage View Post
    so moving forward you would want Calderon to be the starting PG on this team?
    probably, yes. playing under control and getting your teammates involved are probably my two most coveted attributes in a point guard.

    if you asked me who was a more talented basketball player, i'd say Lowry for sure. but if you asked me who i would rather ran my basketball team i'd say Calderon without a second thought.

    in a nutshell -

    LOWRY-
    top tier physical ability
    elevates self (1 person)


    CALDERON-
    lower tier physical ability
    elevates teammates(4 people)
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

    but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,386
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Vdot View Post
    Dude, I completely agree with you that Kyle Lowry is a lot better than some people make him out to be.....and your comparisons of him to better point guards might have some slight merit.....but the way you structured your argument is pretty much asking for this whole thread to get bashed to bits. You're actually making Lowry look worse than he really is. I've got a feeling you're just a dupe trolling the forum lol
    A dupe with 1000 posts? With a join date 4 years ago? No, I am a lowry fan and it pains me when he gets a ****** rep because fans are delusional and can't make coherent arguments for themselves.

    The grizzlies didn't give up on him. They drafted conley 3rd overall a few years ago and were not going to give up on him

    The rockets didnt give up on lowry either. They tried desperately to free cap space and stockpile picks to get dwight or any superstar.

    Yes, Lowry is not a superstar but he is a very very good player with more talent than most players. And you guys are failing to see that. I fully expect BC to trade **** calderon to a contender (where he will be a reserve) and make idiot casey start Lowry finally.

    17 minutes for lowry? is that a ****ing joke. Hasheem thabeet and reggie jackson get more than that on OKC.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    12,298
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by koreancabbage View Post
    well it was about time we won some games. I don't believe we are worse than those teams but Landry Fields was out man. we finally got him back. Landry Fields is the greatest thing since sliced bread or flushing toilets. Landry Fields will replace Mike James as the GOAT.
    Who? lol

    I mean, we let a couple slide in the beginning. However, I don't know people think that Lowry should be starting and whatnot. Just because he is a better player, doesn't mean he meshes completely with the team. IMO, I think he needs to work personality. You could tell he's been completely stubborn and unenthusiastic about his bench role.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,386
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    probably, yes. playing under control and getting your teammates involved are probably my two most coveted attributes in a point guard.

    if you asked me who was a more talented basketball player, i'd say Lowry for sure. but if you asked me who i would rather ran my basketball team i'd say Calderon without a second thought.

    in a nutshell -

    LOWRY-
    top tier physical ability
    elevates self (1 person)


    CALDERON-
    lower tier physical ability
    elevates teammates(4 people)
    Not true. he is averaging 8 assists since coming back from injury in 23 miinutes per game. He was also averaging almost 7 before he got injured.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    12,298
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by poleandreel View Post
    A dupe with 1000 posts? With a join date 4 years ago? No, I am a lowry fan and it pains me when he gets a ****** rep because fans are delusional and can't make coherent arguments for themselves.

    The grizzlies didn't give up on him. They drafted conley 3rd overall a few years ago and were not going to give up on him

    The rockets didnt give up on lowry either. They tried desperately to free cap space and stockpile picks to get dwight or any superstar.

    Yes, Lowry is not a superstar but he is a very very good player with more talent than most players. And you guys are failing to see that. I fully expect BC to trade **** calderon to a contender (where he will be a reserve) and make idiot casey start Lowry finally.

    17 minutes for lowry? is that a ****ing joke. Hasheem thabeet and reggie jackson get more than that on OKC.
    This is frustrating to read. If you were a true fan of the game, you wouldn't look at the minutes the person got, rather the result. Lowry is one of our best players, and only got 17 minutes last night. However, the TEAM won. .

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    toronto....REX
    Posts
    4,994
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by mjt20mik View Post
    This is frustrating to read. If you were a true fan of the game, you wouldn't look at the minutes the person got, rather the result. Lowry is one of our best players, and only got 17 minutes last night. However, the TEAM won. .
    Not to mention there's a reason he only played 17 mins.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •