Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Man two on the ignore list in like a month after going years without it, poster quality is on the decline.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    It didn't change. With either QB its SB or nothing. The change being right is debatable. If the coaching staff believed that Smith was the better option, he would have been reinserted into the lineup the day he was healthy. Perhaps Harbaugh is living by his words that you quoted, as he believes Kap is the option to "get better" now, mid season. The fact that a team is willing to make an unheard of switch like this has to say something about the player, that we as fans just can't understand, else we'd be team employees somewhere.
    I don't think the move has anything to do with football. Its not Alex vs. Kaep and who gives them the best chance to win. It was a way to save Jed some money and a way for Harbaugh to insert "his" man in there. He can spit all the "going with the hot hand" stuff he wants, but before Alex got hurt, he was the hot hand and got benched for it. Thats my main problem with the switch. Most teams change QBs when their losing. This team was 6-2 and benched their starter for getting a concussion.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastSportz View Post
    I don't think the move has anything to do with football. Its not Alex vs. Kaep and who gives them the best chance to win. It was a way to save Jed some money and a way for Harbaugh to insert "his" man in there. He can spit all the "going with the hot hand" stuff he wants, but before Alex got hurt, he was the hot hand and got benched for it. Thats my main problem with the switch. Most teams change QBs when their losing. This team was 6-2 and benched their starter for getting a concussion.
    A SB win was the only way Smith was staying beyond this year anyway, the way Kap was kept in basically confirmed that.

Smith is safe, efficient non dynamic football, his best games came against bad teams, I had little faith he would pull off another last year if he needed to. Kap is more risk, more reward, nothing risked nothing gained in my eyes. Kap gives us the most firepower to sling it out with teams.

vCash
    Man two on the ignore list in like a month after going years without it, poster quality is on the decline.
    Poster quality is indeed on the decline.

Makes absurd claims out of thin air but provides no sources to back them up.

Proceeds to call people trolls and put people on ignore lists, lol.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotation View Post
    Poster quality is indeed on the decline.

Makes absurd claims out of thin air but provides no sources to back them up.

Proceeds to call people trolls and put people on ignore lists, lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaK-8wnDP38

skip to the 1:30 mark.

vCash
    Lol guy just ignores that I said the quote was from his postgame presser from that game and proceeds to mumble about goblins, yet he's not a troll and I'm in the wrong.

vCash
    Lol guy just ignores that I said the quote was from his postgame presser from that game and proceeds to mumble about goblins, yet he's not a troll and I'm in the wrong.
    He can't be serious. Just enjoys arguing about stupid ****

vCash
    I agree with redandgold except for one thing. He clearly isn't a big boy.

#PoseyHugs #SanchezHugs

vCash
    WOW... Really, I have been a pretty big supporter of Alex... but that game winning pass to Crabs was as stated by Harbs an off the script play read by and executed by Kaep and Crabs. That play, and that play alone is the one that gives me the most hope that Kaep is in fact "(football)mature beyond his (football)years".

Nothing wrong with Support Alex (I was hoping he'd end up at KC so I could root for him when he came into Denver), but don't be a blind homer.
    "All we care about are wins, stats are for losers" - Justin Smith
    "We're the San Francisco 49ers. We can do whatever we want" - Jim Harbaugh

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastSportz View Post
    And what if Kaepernick goes for 180 yards, 1 TD, 2 INT and a lost fumble? Do people blame him then? Its such a fine line to where QBs can win or lose a game. A finer one on who fans would point a finger to. If the games ends in a loss and the score was 37-35, then the argument can go either way. Is it because the defense lost the game or was it because Kaepernick made some mistakes.

Listening to Romo this morning on 95.7 and it really bugs me when he or anyone else, says that Alex Smith can't win games. Alex put this team on his back during the Saints playoff game last season. He runs in a TD to put them up just to have the defense give up a quick TD to Brees. That lead to a big pass to Vernon Davis and ultimately, the huge pass to VD in the endzone to ice the game. Alex Smith WON THAT GAME on a big stage. So no more "Alex can't win games and is only a game manager."
    Thank God he did, he was only spotted a 17 point lead early.
    Quote Originally Posted by nessythegreat View Post
    This is getting old. Enough is enough. Redskin Is not offensive and it will never change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    I want to start a website where people who say this video tape themselves going up to Native Americans and go "hey what's up redskin?" and then upload what happens.

I'll call it WhatsUpRedskin.com

You want to go first?
    I fully support this future site.

9/13/14: #Mayhem (While Pacman fights Algieri in China. lol)
    vCash
    A SB win was the only way Smith was staying beyond this year anyway, the way Kap was kept in basically confirmed that.

Smith is safe, efficient non dynamic football, his best games came against bad teams, I had little faith he would pull off another last year if he needed to. Kap is more risk, more reward, nothing risked nothing gained in my eyes. Kap gives us the most firepower to sling it out with teams.

Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

vCash

I do not agree. Smith is safe but he played some good ball against good teams and he always kept his team in it. He also didn't hurt his receivers by putting them in bad positions (see VD and Manningham with Kap). We could really use Manny right now. Kap does sling it but I am still not convinced that his brand of football is better for this team, my philosophy is that the game is won within 17 yards of the LOS and that is where Alex is better in my opinion.

Whatever, Kap is the guy and I support him. How he got his job will always be scurrilous in my eyes (an indictment on leadership, not him).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotation View Post
    I'm glad you brought up that New England game fella.

We were up some outrageous amount, like 31-3 at half?

Tom Brady turns into a beast and scores, and scores, and scores?

Colin's response? 3 back to back to back 3 and out drives.

How did we win? LMJ huge return. A defender falls versus Crabtree on a 4 yard slant pass and we get an easy touchdown.

I haven't seen anything from Colin that points to him being able to overcome adversity, and despite what many think, the New England game, if you really look at it, shows that.

He's good when you get a huge lead, but he hasn't shown one good licking of being able to battle back from a deficit.

How many times this season has Colin been in a deficit and won?

Playoffs are a different beast. You have lead changes constantly.

This rookie QB is a pretender.

Better hope we never trail, because if we do, we're done.

And you can quote me on that.
    Anyone can have any opinions they want...it's just preferred that your opinions be based on fact. Unfortunately...all of these statement are just incorrect.

First...the route wasn't even a slant, and the defender didn't fall. I'm not sure where you got that from.

Second...Kaepernick has shown several times the ability to overcome "adversity" so to speak. He has led scoring drives following most if not all turnovers he was at least partially responsible for.

Third...this isn't as huge of a deal to me. While he hasn't let the "big comeback" yet, a QB is not a bad QB because he hasn't put his team in a position to require a comeback. That's actually a good thing. Still...they were actually trailing when he came into the first Rams game. They tied, but he had them in pretty good position to win and actually had to lead a 1 minute drive to tie the game at the end of regulation. He hasn't been Montana or Elway...but he sure as hell hasn't been Romo either.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NinerHomer49 View Post
    Anyone can have any opinions they want...it's just preferred that your opinions be based on fact. Unfortunately...all of these statement are just incorrect.

First...the route wasn't even a slant, and the defender didn't fall. I'm not sure where you got that from.

Second...Kaepernick has shown several times the ability to overcome "adversity" so to speak. He has led scoring drives following most if not all turnovers he was at least partially responsible for.

Third...this isn't as huge of a deal to me. While he hasn't let the "big comeback" yet, a QB is not a bad QB because he hasn't put his team in a position to require a comeback. That's actually a good thing. Still...they were actually trailing when he came into the first Rams game. They tied, but he had them in pretty good position to win and actually had to lead a 1 minute drive to tie the game at the end of regulation. He hasn't been Montana or Elway...but he sure as hell hasn't been Romo either.
    Look, the guy isn't completely wrong. Had Alex thrown that TD to Crabs at the end of the Pats game, most everyone would have been doing nothing but heaping praise on LMJ for the return, and Crabs for turning a 4 yrd pass into a long YAC TD... and would have likely been *****ing about Alex throwing a short check down pass again.
    "All we care about are wins, stats are for losers" - Justin Smith
    "We're the San Francisco 49ers. We can do whatever we want" - Jim Harbaugh

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dulcetpine View Post
    I do not agree. Smith is safe but he played some good ball against good teams and he always kept his team in it. He also didn't hurt his receivers by putting them in bad positions (see VD and Manningham with Kap). We could really use Manny right now. Kap does sling it but I am still not convinced that his brand of football is better for this team, my philosophy is that the game is won within 17 yards of the LOS and that is where Alex is better in my opinion.

Whatever, Kap is the guy and I support him. How he got his job will always be scurrilous in my eyes (an indictment on leadership, not him).
    Aside from GB his stat line against playoff level teams this year is pretty bland and basically what I said "safe, but not going to win it for you". I will give him week 1, great game against the Packers, but you look at Seattle game 1, Minnesota and the Giants (181 yards per game, 2/5 TD/INT ratio, comp % always over 60 tho), not a great stretch against good teams, lost 2 won 1. The rest of the teams he played against had a combined 21-33 record. So he had one good game against top level competition this year, then was average against other good teams, and was good in games he should be good in, just doesn't stand out to me as impressive as some think he was being.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast