Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 109
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Allentown, PA
    Posts
    16,386
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotation View Post
    There's no easy ride to the Superbowl.

    You're going to face adversity trying to get there. Playoffs and Superbowls are won with heart, determination, and the ability to make overcome adversity.

    Colin never trailed in a game in his life and won.

    I sincerely doubt he won't get just a "little bit antsy" and look for those deep balls if we're down by 7+.

    I can game plan for Green Bay right now.

    Keys to the Game for Green Bay:
    1. Shut down the deep ball
    2. Get one early touchdown
    3. Shut down the deep ball (even more effective now that it's the only thing Colin's rookie eyes are going to be looking for)

    I just don't see us winning a nail biter close game. It's either we take a big lead early, or we lose.

    Colin doesn't have the mental make-up as of now to lead this team in a tight game and pull out a victory.

    The Seattle game shows me all I need to see. The confused, lost, deer in headlights look we saw that game was all I need to see in our Colin reacts to adversity.


    Playoffs are full of adversities. Nobody is going to sail through and coast. Every team still in it is a good football team that knows how to keep it close.

    Who do you feel more confident in running a 2 minute no huddle with the game on the line? Because more often than not, playoff games come down to the wire, and we're going to need someone with poise.
    If the Seattle game is all you need to see then your a horrible judge of character and player ability. The worst place to play, in the rain, when the rest of the team is also playing horribly. Show me any QB who plays well in that situation. I'll ride with the kid who went in and beat NE in their house in Dec for the first time in a decade.

    Go ahead and use that gameplan if your GB. I guarantee Gore and James tear that front 7 apart if the box isn't extra manned by at least one extra.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    169
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    It didn't change. With either QB its SB or nothing. The change being right is debatable. If the coaching staff believed that Smith was the better option, he would have been reinserted into the lineup the day he was healthy. Perhaps Harbaugh is living by his words that you quoted, as he believes Kap is the option to "get better" now, mid season. The fact that a team is willing to make an unheard of switch like this has to say something about the player, that we as fans just can't understand, else we'd be team employees somewhere.
    Coaches get it wrong all the time. Just because you're an employee of a football team doesn't mean you can hide behind a cloak of no wrong-doing.

    The argument of he sees the players day in and day out, he must be right is a terrible fallacy.

    The San Diego Chargers saw Brees and Rivers day in and day out too.

    The Tampa Bay Bucs saw Steve Young day in and day out too.

    I'm just saying, if a move as illogical as this is being made, there better be results to back it up.

    You want all the glory of getting the next Tom Brady, you better be ready to get the blame too if it goes wrong.

    Saturday will be the first true litmus test of the decision.

    The regular season was a given, let's see how this decision really pans out.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    169
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    If the Seattle game is all you need to see then your a horrible judge of character and player ability. The worst place to play, in the rain, when the rest of the team is also playing horribly. Show me any QB who plays well in that situation. I'll ride with the kid who went in and beat NE in their house in Dec for the first time in a decade.

    Go ahead and use that gameplan if your GB. I guarantee Gore and James tear that front 7 apart if the box isn't extra manned by at least one extra.
    I'm glad you brought up that New England game fella.

    We were up some outrageous amount, like 31-3 at half?

    Tom Brady turns into a beast and scores, and scores, and scores?

    Colin's response? 3 back to back to back 3 and out drives.

    How did we win? LMJ huge return. A defender falls versus Crabtree on a 4 yard slant pass and we get an easy touchdown.

    I haven't seen anything from Colin that points to him being able to overcome adversity, and despite what many think, the New England game, if you really look at it, shows that.

    He's good when you get a huge lead, but he hasn't shown one good licking of being able to battle back from a deficit.

    How many times this season has Colin been in a deficit and won?

    Playoffs are a different beast. You have lead changes constantly.

    This rookie QB is a pretender.

    Better hope we never trail, because if we do, we're done.

    And you can quote me on that.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Allentown, PA
    Posts
    16,386
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotation View Post
    Coaches get it wrong all the time. Just because you're an employee of a football team doesn't mean you can hide behind a cloak of no wrong-doing.

    The argument of he sees the players day in and day out, he must be right is a terrible fallacy.

    The San Diego Chargers saw Brees and Rivers day in and day out too.

    The Tampa Bay Bucs saw Steve Young day in and day out too
    .

    I'm just saying, if a move as illogical as this is being made, there better be results to back it up.

    You want all the glory of getting the next Tom Brady, you better be ready to get the blame too if it goes wrong.

    Saturday will be the first true litmus test of the decision.

    The regular season was a given, let's see how this decision really pans out.
    Horrible examples. The Chargers dumped Brees because they didn't think he'd ever be healthy again. It wasn't a matter of talent. Young on the other hand was given no time with the starters on a still pretty horrible Bucs team, hard to see talent shine under a pile of crap. I'm not sure how you don't see "results" from the switch. The offense has changed, but its still scoring plenty of points, the running game has gone down but the passing game up, compl % in the 60s, over a 3/1 TD to INT ratio. Most of the people opposed to the move have backed it since they didn't even expect him to do what Smith was doing, which he is, just in a different way.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Allentown, PA
    Posts
    16,386
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotation View Post
    I'm glad you brought up that New England game fella.

    We were up some outrageous amount, like 31-3 at half?

    Tom Brady turns into a beast and scores, and scores, and scores?

    Colin's response? 3 back to back to back 3 and out drives.

    How did we win? LMJ huge return. A defender falls versus Crabtree on a 4 yard slant pass and we get an easy touchdown.

    I haven't seen anything from Colin that points to him being able to overcome adversity, and despite what many think, the New England game, if you really look at it, shows that.

    He's good when you get a huge lead, but he hasn't shown one good licking of being able to battle back from a deficit.

    How many times this season has Colin been in a deficit and won?

    Playoffs are a different beast. You have lead changes constantly.

    This rookie QB is a pretender.

    Better hope we never trail, because if we do, we're done.

    And you can quote me on that.
    You just argued against your own argument. I point solely at play calling for that game turning into what it was. Conservative as conservative can be even with NE coming back. The pass to Crabtree, a pass he wasn't supposed to even make under the play call, was made before the defender fell down, so thats hardly a negative against Kap. A great throw is a great throw in the clutch, which is what that was. At the worst it was a 1st down that kept the drive alive.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    169
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    Horrible examples. The Chargers dumped Brees because they didn't think he'd ever be healthy again. It wasn't a matter of talent. Young on the other hand was given no time with the starters on a still pretty horrible Bucs team, hard to see talent shine under a pile of crap. I'm not sure how you don't see "results" from the switch. The offense has changed, but its still scoring plenty of points, the running game has gone down but the passing game up, compl % in the 60s, over a 3/1 TD to INT ratio. Most of the people opposed to the move have backed it since they didn't even expect him to do what Smith was doing, which he is, just in a different way.
    It wasn't a matter of talent? Are you kidding me? You draft a QB with the #4 overall pick while you're content with Brees? Are you kidding me?

    The Coaches in San Diego didn't see Brees as their "franchise QB", that's why you draft a QB #4 overall. It wasn't a matter of talent? Are you kidding me? You are just taking a huge dump on my face right now bro.

    It's hard to see talent shine under a pile of crap? - Isn't that your argument? The coaches are the ones who sees them day in and day out, they obvious see things we don't, so they must be right. ALA Steve Young.

    You're kidding me, please tell me you are. Logically fallacies after logical fallacies, my goodness.

    Drink more Jim Harbaugh kool-aid.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    169
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    You just argued against your own argument. I point solely at play calling for that game turning into what it was. Conservative as conservative can be even with NE coming back. The pass to Crabtree, a pass he wasn't supposed to even make under the play call, was made before the defender fell down, so thats hardly a negative against Kap. A great throw is a great throw in the clutch, which is what that was. At the worst it was a 1st down that kept the drive alive.
    Haha pass wasn't supposed to be made? Are you kidding me? Have you ever played football in your life?

    That was a designed quick inside slant pass, (his first read if I may add) with the defender 5 yards behind the line. That pass wasn't suppose to be under the play call? That was a designed 5 yard slant pass, first read option, free release. That wasn't the play called? What was the play called?

    Are you kidding me? That wasn't the play called? What was the play called? Unbelievable the bs you make up. Unreal.

    That was all on Kaepernick, making a throw he wasn't suppose he make? Are you serious?

    Is this guy serious? Was that not a designed 5 yard slant pass, first read option to crabtree, must throw if free releases, better yet when the defender plays you off the line of scrimmage?

    I've played college football at SJ state, and I'm an assistant coach in high school right now. You're just a mumbling squirrel.


    Are you kidding me? Please tell me you're just pulling rabbits out of your arsehole now.
    Last edited by Rotation; 01-10-2013 at 06:13 PM.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,099
    vCash
    1500
    One thing that really concerns me is the lack of understanding of the offense, checking out of plays, going to something else. Lack of situational awareness. We (Kaep) burn timeouts like they are water. This has got to be fixed. You need timeouts in the playoffs. You MUST manage the clock. Keep Rodgers off the field, and score in the redzone (TDs), not field goals. We waste timeouts crazy as though Martz was still here. Drives me nuts. We are in the first 10 minutes of the first quarter, and already down to 1 timeout. I just hope and pray we aren't looking at a post game press conference, and Kaep is up there saying "this one was on me today".

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Allentown, PA
    Posts
    16,386
    vCash
    1500
    Ok I'm done with the troll who can't even read and comprehend my posts. Brees got injured, SD went with Rivers, it wasnt a battle of talent. Harbaugh himself said the pass to Crabtree wasn't the read for that play, fact. I'm done with you if your just going to argue in circles and ignore things I say, not worth my time. Enjoy your bridge and three goat a day diet.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    169
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    Ok I'm done with the troll who can't even read and comprehend my posts. Brees got injured, SD went with Rivers, it wasnt a battle of talent. Harbaugh himself said the pass to Crabtree wasn't the read for that play, fact. I'm done with you if your just going to argue in circles and ignore things I say, not worth my time. Enjoy your bridge and three goat a day diet.
    Quote on Harbaugh saying it?

    That's right you can't. Idiot. A high school football coach can see the play and knows what's up.

    Scurry along squirrel.

    Yeah, call people trolls when you're made to look like an idiot.

    Internet debating at its finest. Call them trolls when you know you're beat.


  11. #41
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    27,447
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by lolPhillies View Post
    @ mdlr Fair enough lol. It just gets frustrating when it seems people take for granted or don't realize just how much potential this team has.
    But that's the frustrating part...we know that we have that SB caliber team, and it was there in the NE game when they got up 31-3 on the road, but the reason people get frustrated is because they don't look like it a lot of the time, and it seems like the potential isn't being unleashed. The way some of the games have been called offensively seemed to fit Alex Smith more in the sense that they were conservative gameplans, and people get mad, me included, because the switch at QB wasn't made to be conservative, the point of the switch was to open up the offense, this is why people question the coaching at times


    Soon...

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Allentown, PA
    Posts
    16,386
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotation View Post
    Quote on Harbaugh saying it?

    That's right you can't. Idiot. A high school football coach can see the play and knows what's up.

    Scurry along squirrel.

    Yeah, call people trolls when you're made to look like an idiot.

    Internet debating at its finest. Call them trolls when you know you're beat.

    I'm on a phone, post game presser, your a big boy you can find it

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    27,447
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotation View Post
    I'm glad you brought up that New England game fella.

    We were up some outrageous amount, like 31-3 at half?

    Tom Brady turns into a beast and scores, and scores, and scores?

    Colin's response? 3 back to back to back 3 and out drives.

    How did we win? LMJ huge return. A defender falls versus Crabtree on a 4 yard slant pass and we get an easy touchdown.

    I haven't seen anything from Colin that points to him being able to overcome adversity, and despite what many think, the New England game, if you really look at it, shows that.

    He's good when you get a huge lead, but he hasn't shown one good licking of being able to battle back from a deficit.

    How many times this season has Colin been in a deficit and won?

    Playoffs are a different beast. You have lead changes constantly.

    This rookie QB is a pretender.

    Better hope we never trail, because if we do, we're done.

    And you can quote me on that.
    Idt we faced a deficit in any of the wins so far this season other than the Seattle win, but that wasn't a good game by Smith...that's been the knock on this team, not being able to make up deficits so this would come up regardless of quarterback


    Soon...

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Donating blood: Red and Gold+
    Posts
    31,581
    vCash
    5862
    I love how you blatantly ignore facts. Facts like the slant to Crabtree was not his first read, in fact he hardly ever is, yet he continues through his progressions seamlessly. I also find the fact that you call CK a pretender laughable, in fact it actually shows that you are heavily biased towards Alex and you have made up your mind on Colin already, may I ask why you conclude he is so awful from such a small sample size, and a commendable one at that?

    And I seem to remember Colin bringing us back from a deficit to tie the game against the Rams. Just saying.


    Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

    lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana


    Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    169
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    I'm on a phone, post game presser, your a big boy you can find it
    Big boys don't know how to find ghosts and goblins? May I ask for a ghost detector? I'm having a little trouble getting mine working.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •