Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Biggest recruiting busts on your team

Name some of the 4*/5* high school all americans that chose to attend your team, that didn't live up to the hype.

For me (UCLA)

- Ben Olson
    1# ranked qb in 2002 committed to BYU then went on a mormon mission then transferred to UCLA, spent 2 years as the starting qb and was oft injured and mediocre when healthy.

-Aundre Dean
    One of top running backs coming out of Texas in 2008, chose UCLA when slick Rick took over and ran for a total of 22 yds as a frosh then transferred to TCU where he hardly played.

-Morrell Presley

Number 1 TE in 2009 5 star recruit, who started in 2010 and caught 5 passes. He was suspended a numerous amount of times and then went to JC in Arizona where he was arrested for burglary.

vCash
    Cameron Colvin comes to mind as a guy that never lived up to the hype at Oregon. It's a shame that he tore up his knee during his SR year, because it looked like he was ready to breakout. Most Duck fans remember him for that fumble right before the goal-line versus Cal unfortunately. He had a solid career, but we thought he was going to be a star.

There's a number of other guys that didn't ever academically qualify, but don't feel like going into each case.
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2011

vCash
    Kacy Rodgers, 4* safety - He was the 15th ranked corner in that class, or something like that, but he had a very impressive offer list which lead me to believe that he was a huge get by Miami. Turns out he may have the worst instincts of any defensive back I have ever seen at the college level. This kid wouldn't even start in the Sun Belt.

Seantrel Henderson - #1 overall recruit in 2010. When he's actually on the field, he's an above average tackle. He's seems like an entitled kid, and his laziness proves it. He could dominate if he wanted to, but he hasn't even been able to crack the two deep at left tackle. He's been on the right side his entire career thus far.

Dyron Dye - Was part of the Sanford Trio in 09 (Dye, Ray Ray, Andre Debose). Had weight problems early in his career, never really saw any playing time on the defensive side of the ball. Eventually moved to tight end where he was largely irrelevant. Backed up Walford for a couple games later this past season and caught a few balls.

Ray Ray and Brandon McGee both sucked, but one got booted and the other is a senior.

Other than that, I can't think of any that were busts. Mainly because Miami hasn't been able to pull many blue chippers outside of the 2012 recruiting class.

vCash
    If we're talking about a larger time frame, I'd imagine it would be difficult to top Willie Williams.
    Last edited by BullsFan_1; 01-10-2013 at 05:23 AM.

vCash
    andre debose immediately comes to mind at UF

the next percy harvin? maybe with a bong in his hand, but that's about it...
    JETSMETSKNICKSPENS
    GATOR BAIT!
    UCONN!!!

vCash
    Recently in Bama it would be Duran Carter....he was supposed to be the Jr. College transfer that lined up outside with Amari Cooper or Kenny Bell. He couldn't maintain the grades and was kicked off the team.

vCash
    Dayne Crist for ND. He had a few injuries and a coaching change during his career but I think if he could have even been average ND would have won 10 games in 2011. He was a 5 star.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe View Post
    andre debose immediately comes to mind at UF

the next percy harvin? maybe with a bong in his hand, but that's about it...
    he's got skills, why doesnt he play?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tnewkirk View Post
    he's got skills, why doesnt he play?
    because he doesn't practice well, his skills have never translated to the field (save for a few returns he's had), his attitude is ****, and his level of commitment to becoming a better football player is nonexistent.

at least, that's what nearly the entire coaching staff has been saying about his for years...
    JETSMETSKNICKSPENS
    GATOR BAIT!
    UCONN!!!

vCash
    Yeah. DeBose was the first name to come to mind.

I consider John Brantley a major bust. Will Hill too.

Hopefully we don't have to add Driskel to that mix. I think he'll do enough to avoid a "bust" label.
    I no longer care about anything here except for the Entertainment Forum, which sucks; the Music forum, which sucks; and the Magic forum, which does NOT suck.

Love y'all!

Except for all of y'all.

#FreePablo
    #FreeManRam
    #FreePablo

vCash
    Dillon Baxter, George Farmer

vCash
    There are probably a million QB "busts"...but Jevan Snead, Ryan Perrilloux and Mitch Mustain are my favorites.
    I no longer care about anything here except for the Entertainment Forum, which sucks; the Music forum, which sucks; and the Magic forum, which does NOT suck.

Love y'all!

Except for all of y'all.

#FreePablo
    #FreeManRam
    #FreePablo

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRamForPrez24 View Post
    There are probably a million QB "busts"...but Jevan Snead, Ryan Perrilloux and Mitch Mustain are my favorites.
    I always thought Mustain made the worst transfer decision I've ever seen. He could have went just about anywhere and started, except USC at that time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRamForPrez24 View Post
    Yeah. DeBose was the first name to come to mind.
    Debose has been a complete misfire as a receiver but he has four career kick returns for touchdowns and seven career returns of 50+ yards. So he's been good for something at least.

That said, he's the biggest bust I can remember in the last few years given the hype/expectations surrounding him when he came into the program and what he's done since then.

I consider John Brantley a major bust
    That guy was just jerked all over the place his entire career. He did about as well as one could expect given what he went through.

Will Hill too
    He didn't live up to expectations but he didn't suck at Florida either so I don't know that I consider him a bust myself.

Hopefully we don't have to add Driskel to that mix. I think he'll do enough to avoid a "bust" label.
    The coaches didn't have him anywhere near ready for this season IMO. The QB competition with Jacoby Brissett went on far too long and neither guy had enough reps to warrant being the quarterback as a first-year starter.

Driskel has NFL quarterback kind of talent. I'll be surprised if he doesn't improve dramatically next season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PhillyLuver View Post
    Dillon Baxter, George Farmer
    I wouldn't call Farmer a bust yet, but he's getting there. Kyle Prater is a better pick as a bust in my opinion. Dillon Baxter had bad news written all-over him. On his OV to Oregon he wore USC gear and was insanely arrogant.
    Patriots Forum Hall of Fame Class of 2011

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast