Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westhockeytown View Post
    Remember RW13, he only played 18 games last year. He only had 7 pts and was +2. Sure he was energizing and a breath of fresh air, but only in 18 games. Yes, he was shuffled around a bit and didn't quite click on any line. I want to see him up too, but if he's helping GR win right now, it's helping his play too. Having him finish it out there this season won't kill the Wings.
    He had 7 points in 8 games when he was playing in the top six with Datsyuk and that line played great. When he was on the right line (top 6) he produced. I don't know what more you can ask for. If he is a better option than two of Samuelsson, Cleary, or Bertuzzi, then him being on the team can definitely help the Wings as he would be improving the top six where we just lost Hudler and gained Samuelsson. I don't know about everybody else, but I don't see why we wouldn't give him a chance to beat out one of those guys for a spot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trueblue2 View Post
    And there's no shame in banging fat chicks. They're normally down to do anything and theyll build your confidence. Even Mike trout had to tear up the minors before he got called up to the show.

EDIT: do not use tinder to tear up minors, you will go to jail.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RedWings13 View Post
    He had 7 points in 8 games when he was playing in the top six with Datsyuk and that line played great. When he was on the right line (top 6) he produced. I don't know what more you can ask for. If he is a better option than two of Samuelsson, Cleary, or Bertuzzi, then him being on the team can definitely help the Wings as he would be improving the top six where we just lost Hudler and gained Samuelsson. I don't know about everybody else, but I don't see why we wouldn't give him a chance to beat out one of those guys for a spot.
    Two words, Damian Brunner.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    Huh? What's the logic behind trying him out? We don't already have enough forwards?
    He moved back to Grand Rapids this summer, obviously WSH didn't want him back. I think it's his last hurrah before retiring. I don't see him making the team.

Looking at the sked, hockey every two days (for the most part). I like this. I like this alot. My wife? does not like this.
    Last edited by westhockeytown; 01-13-2013 at 09:40 AM.

vCash
    Two words, Damian Brunner.
    Let them both have a shot. Nyquist just needs to beat out Cleary, Bertuzzi, and Samuelsson. If he plays like he did last year in the top six I'd take him over any of them. And who knows how Brunner transitions to the nhl.
    And there's no shame in banging fat chicks. They're normally down to do anything and theyll build your confidence. Even Mike trout had to tear up the minors before he got called up to the show.

vCash
    I can't make Holland pull Gus up. It's gonna be an instance of wait and see. Lashoff was called to camp, can't quite wrap my head around that one.

vCash
    Let them both have a shot. Nyquist just needs to beat out Cleary, Bertuzzi, and Samuelsson. If he plays like he did last year in the top six I'd take him over any of them. And who knows how Brunner transitions to the nhl.
    I think Holland is wary of picking apart the Griffs at this point with an influx of forwards to work with already. The Griffs are a part of the Redwings org, but they also are a team, not just a talent pool. They have to generate $$ too and picking out everyone who's close to or is "NHL ready" will deplete the Griffins, thus taking away from the teams appeal. You have Smith, Lashoff, Andersson, Tatar, Gus, (on almost any other team, Jurco would be called up), Almquist, Sheahan, all these guys are close to or are ready, and that's alot of the top guys in GR. These names are future of the Wings, but we have a team set up. The Wings roster will look different next season, IMO. Plus who would fill in for Gus in GR? Not too many options there.

vCash
    I can't make Holland pull Gus up. It's gonna be an instance of wait and see. Lashoff was called to camp, can't quite wrap my head around that one.
    Lashoff is a darn good defender for the griffs and will be the first call up if we have injuries. Nothing wrong with seeing what he can do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pidg88 View Post
    Lashoff is a darn good defender for the griffs and will be the first call up if we have injuries. Nothing wrong with seeing what he can do.
    I'm aware of that, but Smith is a lock and we have 7 already. GR still needs a top 4 dman to stick around.

vCash
    after Arnott.
    looks like we may have to squeeze Knuble in somewhere. Wings giving him a tryout in camp. wtf?
    That doesn't really make sense to me either. Knuble is a RH shot and all the forwards the Wings signed are RH shots, plus he is a big body, but if the Wings are looking for a big older forward I would much rather them sign Arnott.

vCash
    I'm aware of that, but Smith is a lock and we have 7 already. GR still needs a top 4 dman to stick around.
    Are you sure we have 7? Coliacovo is still injured, isn't he? I wish the Wings had traded for Fistric. The Oilers got him for a 3rd round pick.

vCash
    If Knuble makes the team I will be pretty upset lol. Both Eaves and Colaiacavo played today, not sure if they'll be ready or not though

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wingman View Post
    Are you sure we have 7? Coliacovo is still injured, isn't he? I wish the Wings had traded for Fistric. The Oilers got him for a 3rd round pick.
    Carlo played in the red/white game, is set to go Saturday, health wise. So Kronny, White, Q, Smith, Carlo, Big E and Kindl.

vCash
    If Knuble makes the team I will be pretty upset lol. Both Eaves and Colaiacavo played today, not sure if they'll be ready or not though
    I doubt Knuble makes it, in fact I'm sure of it. He did nothing in the Red/White game to warrent being offered anything. Seemed more like a sympathy tryout.

vCash
    There are only a couple of reasons I could see the Wings being interested in Knuble. The Wings are more banged up than we realize, or Knuble would be able to provide a net presence on the PP. Could he be the Holmstrom replacement? Except for last season where Knuble got limited playing time, he has pretty much been a consistent 50 point scorer. However, as has been stated, the Wings have too many forwards now, so where would he fit in the line-up. I'm thinking 4th line, but where does that place Miller, or Tootoo? Is there a possible trade in the works?
    Didn't the Wings have interest in Knuble last year at the trade deadline?

vCash
    I doubt Knuble makes it, in fact I'm sure of it. He did nothing in the Red/White game to warrent being offered anything. Seemed more like a sympathy tryout.
    Agreed. It was a pride thing for him imo.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast