Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    How is he supposed to ever get top line minutes here if we won't give him a spot to begin with?
    Quote Originally Posted by Trueblue2 View Post
    And there's no shame in banging fat chicks. They're normally down to do anything and theyll build your confidence. Even Mike trout had to tear up the minors before he got called up to the show.

EDIT: do not use tinder to tear up minors, you will go to jail.

vCash
    He transitions to those minutes. Next year there will be openings (more then this year with our glutton of forwards). I dont think Cleary comes back, Bertuzzi could retire, depending on Sammy he could be bought out. Flipper needs a new contract and who knows maybe he wants to hit FA and get a bigger paycheck. Right there thats 4 of the guys we see as top 6 or fringe top 6 guys that could be gone. His time will come there is no need to write him off or be upset just right now will he REALLY put up more points with the limited minutes he is going to play then whomever he replaces? I dont think so. Keep him in the AHL where he builds character and confidence and finely tunes his sklls and talents. Then unleash him

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RedWings13 View Post
    Would you rather have a player competing for an AHL trophy or an NHL one? I'm not sure why you think he should be in the AHL so badly
    To a hockey player, a trophy is a trophy. Heck when I played in a high school spring league we won the tourney, got plaques and that was awesome for us. It's ok to have him stay and help a winning AHL team. There's no room right now. Smith got the call cuz we NEED a d-man. That's an instance where NHL trumps AHL in a 2-way contract. Gus will have a long carrer in the NHL, don't worry.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westhockeytown View Post
    To a hockey player, a trophy is a trophy. Heck when I played in a high school spring league we won the tourney, got plaques and that was awesome for us. It's ok to have him stay and help a winning AHL team. There's no room right now. Smith got the call cuz we NEED a d-man. That's an instance where NHL trumps AHL in a 2-way contract. Gus will have a long carrer in the NHL, don't worry.
    Do you really think Holland hesitates to call him up because the Griffins might win a trophy? Sure it's important to Nyquist, but that doesn't mean anything to Holland. Nyquist improves our top six a ton imo. Put him on the team for the first ten games, the worst that happens is he is sent back down to the Griffins and they don't do as well in those ten games.
    And there's no shame in banging fat chicks. They're normally down to do anything and theyll build your confidence. Even Mike trout had to tear up the minors before he got called up to the show.

vCash
    I dont think calling him up has anything to do with winning a trophy or GR. Simply put the ice time of 22-24+ minutes he is getting in the AHL in his correct role as a true top line player is more valuable then the 16-18 minutes he would get here as a fringe top 6 more then likely third line guy. The SECOND Nyquist did anything wrong or was inconsistent he would be switched out for a player who has top 6 experience (Bert, Sammy, Cleary) and then he would be put on the third or fourth line as an "energy" guy. Thats not his role and he doesnt have to feel that pressure right now or producing every game at the highest level. We can gradually work him into that role.

vCash
    A lot of players dont reach their potential because they are EXPECTED to produce right away on the top lines. We have players who can play on our top lines no need to put those expectations on him now. We dont want him to turn into a Nikita (enter Russian last name here Filatov, Zherdev etc).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pidg88 View Post
    I dont think calling him up has anything to do with winning a trophy or GR. Simply put the ice time of 22-24+ minutes he is getting in the AHL in his correct role as a true top line player is more valuable then the 16-18 minutes he would get here as a fringe top 6 more then likely third line guy. The SECOND Nyquist did anything wrong or was inconsistent he would be switched out for a player who has top 6 experience (Bert, Sammy, Cleary) and then he would be put on the third or fourth line as an "energy" guy. Thats not his role and he doesnt have to feel that pressure right now or producing every game at the highest level. We can gradually work him into that role.
    I think the 16-18 minutes would be a lot more useful to him..I don't see what else he has to gain from playing there. He's put up over a ppg for a year and a half there now, he's more than ready to play on the Wings.

vCash
    Really?...16-18 minutes out of his role with very high expectations he probably wouldnt meet because he is out of his role is better then getting the time he needs to develop more?

Im sorry we are not the Columbus Blue Jackets/Old Minnesota Wild and we dont rush our prospects. But that also is the reason we have maybe the most drafting and developing success of any team. I would rather him be over ripe and able to seamlessly enter into his role with this team then to hit speed bumps and delay that could hurt his growth and potential.

vCash
    Remember RW13, he only played 18 games last year. He only had 7 pts and was +2. Sure he was energizing and a breath of fresh air, but only in 18 games. Yes, he was shuffled around a bit and didn't quite click on any line. I want to see him up too, but if he's helping GR win right now, it's helping his play too. Having him finish it out there this season won't kill the Wings.
    Last edited by westhockeytown; 01-11-2013 at 08:38 PM.

vCash
    If I had it my way the roster would look like

Franzen-Dastyuk-Nyquist
    Flips-Zetterberg-Brunner
    Tootoo-Helm-Sammy
    Miller-Emmerton-Tatar

I don't want to see Bertuzzi or Cleary in the lineup anymore. I want to see this team get a bit younger.

vCash
    Tatar would do bad on his off side and on the fourth line. Although I love those top two lines. His role also is more of a second line forward. Anyways ive done enough *****ing of other peoples line ups I will do my own

Mule-Datsyuk-Cleary
    Flips-Z-Brunner
    Bert-Helm-Sammy
    Miller-Abby-Tootoo

Kronny-White
    Quincey-Smith
    E-Kindl

Cleary without a bum knee could be a 25-30goal scorer again with Dats. Z and Flipper and Z and Brunner have great chemistry making that line a no brainer for me and I have no idea why we are not rolling that way (unless Brunner is really THAT good). Our third line has speed and 2 big bodies that can put the puck in the net making it a pretty dangerous third line. The fourth is a strong energy line with Miller being the offensive threat if you will on that line.

On D I am not to harsh on White as others are and I like him (as our only Right handed D) up with Kronny. Quincey and Smith are a good pair with Quincey a little more laid back and able to cover for when Smith joins the play. Big E and Kindl give us nice size on our last combination and Kindl really needs to shine with his play as a puck moving D that he was suppose to be.

vCash
    Tatar would do bad on his off side and on the fourth line. Although I love those top two lines. His role also is more of a second line forward. Anyways ive done enough *****ing of other peoples line ups I will do my own

Mule-Datsyuk-Cleary
    Flips-Z-Brunner
    Bert-Helm-Sammy
    Miller-Abby-Tootoo

Kronny-White
    Quincey-Smith
    E-Kindl

Cleary without a bum knee could be a 25-30goal scorer again with Dats. Z and Flipper and Z and Brunner have great chemistry making that line a no brainer for me and I have no idea why we are not rolling that way (unless Brunner is really THAT good). Our third line has speed and 2 big bodies that can put the puck in the net making it a pretty dangerous third line. The fourth is a strong energy line with Miller being the offensive threat if you will on that line.

On D I am not to harsh on White as others are and I like him (as our only Right handed D) up with Kronny. Quincey and Smith are a good pair with Quincey a little more laid back and able to cover for when Smith joins the play. Big E and Kindl give us nice size on our last combination and Kindl really needs to shine with his play as a puck moving D that he was suppose to be.

That's my line up from my 1st post!!!
    Mule-Pavs-Cleary
    Fil or Z-Z or Fil-Brunner
    Bert-Helm-Sammy
    4th can stay the same, just hope Abby produces more

Glad we're on the same page with forwards!!!

vCash
    looks like we may have to squeeze Knuble in somewhere. Wings giving him a tryout in camp. wtf?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westhockeytown View Post
    looks like we may have to squeeze Knuble in somewhere. Wings giving him a tryout in camp. wtf?
    Huh? What's the logic behind trying him out? We don't already have enough forwards?

vCash
    Really?...16-18 minutes out of his role with very high expectations he probably wouldnt meet because he is out of his role is better then getting the time he needs to develop more?

Im sorry we are not the Columbus Blue Jackets/Old Minnesota Wild and we dont rush our prospects. But that also is the reason we have maybe the most drafting and developing success of any team. I would rather him be over ripe and able to seamlessly enter into his role with this team then to hit speed bumps and delay that could hurt his growth and potential.
    You're acting like he isn't ready, and he is. He's not coming onto the team to be the main guy like Taylor Hall for example. Hall came onto the team and was basically asked to be a good player immediately. Nyquist has Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Franzen, Filppula, and others around him that will be asked for more than him. Saying we'd be rushing him into the league like Columbus is ridiculous. He's 23 and ready, he wouldn't be being rushed at all.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast