Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    vCash
    The following article was in the Detroit Free Press. Knuble knows the chance of him making the roster is a long shot, but who knows.
    The Wings know what they're getting, if they want him.
    "My game, through the course of the years, has been a net-presence guy on power plays," Knuble said. "I think I'm pretty responsible defensively, and I've killed penalties. I think I've been pretty versatile. I've played on the top line. I've played on the fourth line and everywhere in between."

vCash
    At least with him trying out he has some familiarity with the organization and if the usually rash of red wings injuries happen we can call up a guy for some spot duty.

Catches: 3 Yards: 38 TDs: 0

vCash
    Knuble's contract is a tryout contract, if he gets an offer from another team he can take it, no strings.

vCash
    What would it take to get Subban, considering.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by town123 View Post
    Doubt he's available, but if he is we would be a frontrunner imo. We have a great farm and need a top pairing guy like him
    Quote Originally Posted by Trueblue2 View Post
    And there's no shame in banging fat chicks. They're normally down to do anything and theyll build your confidence. Even Mike trout had to tear up the minors before he got called up to the show.

EDIT: do not use tinder to tear up minors, you will go to jail.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by town123 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RedWings13 View Post
    Doubt he's available, but if he is we would be a frontrunner imo. We have a great farm and need a top pairing guy like him
    I am surprised someone has not submitted an offer sheet on him. I realize Holland and Co. don't believe in it, but I thought they were considering making one on Weber before Philly submitted theirs. Phillys almost worked. The main thing it did for Philly was take all other teams, except the Preds out of the picture. Based on the media coverage, all teams should have some idea what Subban wants. Perhaps, the Wings don't think he is worth the asking price.

As far as a trade, I don't think the Wings would be willing to give up the personnel to get him. It seems like their would be a bidding war for Subban.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wingman View Post
    I am surprised someone has not submitted an offer sheet on him. I realize Holland and Co. don't believe in it, but I thought they were considering making one on Weber before Philly submitted theirs. Phillys almost worked. The main thing it did for Philly was take all other teams, except the Preds out of the picture. Based on the media coverage, all teams should have some idea what Subban wants. Perhaps, the Wings don't think he is worth the asking price.

As far as a trade, I don't think the Wings would be willing to give up the personnel to get him. It seems like their would be a bidding war for Subban.
    P.K. wants alot. He's not quite worth what he's holding out for yet.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westhockeytown View Post
    P.K. wants alot. He's not quite worth what he's holding out for yet.
    Yea I just saw this. "It’s believed that Subban, 23, wants a deal in the same range as 23-year-old forward Jamie Benn‘s recently inked five-year, $26.25 million contract.." That's 5.25 mil a year. I remember reading somewhere that the Canadiens wanted to give him a deal more like Del Zotto's - 5.1 mil for 2 years - 2.55 mil a yr. If true, that is a big difference.

vCash
    I'd give him that 5.25 a year. Then don't resign White and our D looks like this next year:

Kronwall - Subban
    Smith - Ericsson
    Lashoff/Kindl/Cola - Quincey

That looks very solid. PLEASE Holland get it done. Subban is one of those guys you hate when playing against and love when he's on your team. He is exactly what we need
    And there's no shame in banging fat chicks. They're normally down to do anything and theyll build your confidence. Even Mike trout had to tear up the minors before he got called up to the show.

vCash
    I'd give him that 5.25 a year. Then don't resign White and our D looks like this next year:

Kronwall - Subban
    Smith - Ericsson
    Lashoff/Kindl/Cola - Quincey

That looks very solid. PLEASE Holland get it done. Subban is one of those guys you hate when playing against and love when he's on your team. He is exactly what we need
    Well, that would probably be an offer Montreal wouldn't match. One article I read said it would take a ridiculous offer to get him and that Subban was not worth 4 mil a yr. If the Wings think he is what they need on defense, I think they should make a fairly ridiculous long term offer to him. Desperate times mean desperate measures. Of course, they probably won't.

vCash
    I'd give him 6 a year if that's what it takes. That isn't even that bad, the Canadiens are being ridiculous.

vCash
    I'd give him 6 a year if that's what it takes. That isn't even that bad, the Canadiens are being ridiculous.
    I think the new cap for next season may have something to do with it, plus they may not think he is worth that.

vCash
    To us he is worth that easily, this D is going to be below average for a while unless Ericsson and Smith both become really good players

vCash
    To us he is worth that easily, this D is going to be below average for a while unless Ericsson and Smith both become really good players
    I would put my hopes on Lashoff and Smith. I think E has about maxed out.

vCash
    Lashoff is good but I don't see him improving much. He is what he is, a guy who can play top 4 defensive minutes on our squad of lackluster defenseman. I don't think Ericsson is quite done yet

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast