Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Create Your Roster

With the season starting soon what would you like to see as the Wings starting roster.

Cleary - Datsyuk - Bertuzzi
    Filppula - Zetterberg - Brunner, Brunner & Z have been playing together
    Franzen - Helm - Samuelsson, Franzen is erratic and lazy
    Miller - Abdelkader - Tootoo
    Nyquist -Mursak - Emmerton extras, Nyquist should rotate to the 1st line

Defense
    Kronwall - White
    Smith - Quincey
    Ericcson - Kindl/Colaiacovo

vCash
    Have you seen the roster Babs picked? He's got Z-Pavs-Brunner on 1st! Mule-Fil-Sammy-2nd, Bert-Helmer-Cleary-3rd, Miller-Abby-Tootoo-4th. Gus is staying with GRR. On D-Kronny-Big E, Q-Smith, White-Kindl til Carlo ready(?). White to 3rd pairing? Weird. I guess if someone's gotta take the 3rd pairing with Kindl, he's the best choice.

I'd like to see
    Mule-Pavs-Cleary
    Fil or Z-Z or Fil-Brunner
    Bert-Helm-Sammy
    4th can stay the same, just hope Abby produces more.

I don't what D should look like, cuz it any combo makes me a little nervous.

I kinda hope Mac takes back up from Monster. (if Mac is even on the team? He's hasn't been playing in GRR.) I know he wants a trade, but I don't think it happened yet.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westhockeytown View Post
    Have you seen the roster Babs picked? He's got Z-Pavs-Brunner on 1st! Mule-Fil-Sammy-2nd, Bert-Helmer-Cleary-3rd, Miller-Abby-Tootoo-4th. Gus is staying with GRR. On D-Kronny-Big E, Q-Smith, White-Kindl til Carlo ready(?). White to 3rd pairing? Weird. I guess if someone's gotta take the 3rd pairing with Kindl, he's the best choice.

I'd like to see
    Mule-Pavs-Cleary
    Fil or Z-Z or Fil-Brunner
    Bert-Helm-Sammy
    4th can stay the same, just hope Abby produces more.

I don't what D should look like, cuz it any combo makes me a little nervous.

I kinda hope Mac takes back up from Monster. (if Mac is even on the team? He's hasn't been playing in GRR.) I know he wants a trade, but I don't think it happened yet.
    If that's the roster Babcock is going to go with I'm going to wonder what he is doing. No Nyquist? Are you kidding me? If he doesn't get to be on the roster guys like Tatar and Mursak might as well give up on making the team. I'd like to see:

Franzen - Datsyuk - Nyquist
    Filppula - Zetterberg - Brunner
    Cleary - Helm - Samuelsson
    Tootoo/Miller - Abdelkader - Bertuzzi

Or if we want to try three good scoring lines I'd like:

Nyquist - Datsyuk - Bertuzzi
    Franzen - Zetterberg - Brunner
    Cleary - Filppula - Samuelsson
    Tootoo/Miller - Helm - Abdelkader
    Quote Originally Posted by Trueblue2 View Post
    And there's no shame in banging fat chicks. They're normally down to do anything and theyll build your confidence. Even Mike trout had to tear up the minors before he got called up to the show.

EDIT: do not use tinder to tear up minors, you will go to jail.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RedWings13 View Post
    If that's the roster Babcock is going to go with I'm going to wonder what he is doing. No Nyquist? Are you kidding me? If he doesn't get to be on the roster guys like Tatar and Mursak might as well give up on making the team. I'd like to see:

Franzen - Datsyuk - Nyquist
    Filppula - Zetterberg - Brunner
    Cleary - Helm - Samuelsson
    Tootoo/Miller - Abdelkader - Bertuzzi

Or if we want to try three good scoring lines I'd like:

Nyquist - Datsyuk - Bertuzzi
    Franzen - Zetterberg - Brunner
    Cleary - Filppula - Samuelsson
    Tootoo/Miller - Helm - Abdelkader
    Helm on 4th line is a waste now, I really want to see him get an even bigger role on the team now. Eaves is out for the time being, but if he were to come back I'd like to see him on 3rd. Reality is unless the buy out is used, GR guys are staying in GR. The Griffs are really doing well now, so I doubt with the excess of forwards on the Wings now, the front office wants to mix up the Griffs chemistry too much, except for Smith, who's already in DET from what I gather. The problem is Miller had a good stint in Europe and is conditioned now. I think he's permenent on 4th unless someone gets hurt. It'll be interesting to see how well the 7 Wings who stayed in DET are going to do not really playing.

And Bert on 4th=might as well buy him out. He's not gonna produce for long on that line. Maybe the first month, but he's a guy who feels he's paid his dues and belongs top 6.

vCash
    If Nyquist doesn't have a spot on the team this year we might as well stop just trade our draft picks every year. Hopefully Holland is planning on making a move that sees us losing some forwards
    And there's no shame in banging fat chicks. They're normally down to do anything and theyll build your confidence. Even Mike trout had to tear up the minors before he got called up to the show.

vCash
    Were in need of a D man while Coliacovo is hurt I could see a forward moved for a D but nothing huge. I also dont really have a problem with Nyquist in the AHL this year. Kind of over reacting saying we might as well trade all our draft picks. Detroit takes forever to mature people and let them play in the NHL, nothing really wrong with that if your team is still winning which we havent stopped yet!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pidg88 View Post
    Were in need of a D man while Coliacovo is hurt I could see a forward moved for a D but nothing huge. I also dont really have a problem with Nyquist in the AHL this year. Kind of over reacting saying we might as well trade all our draft picks. Detroit takes forever to mature people and let them play in the NHL, nothing really wrong with that if your team is still winning which we havent stopped yet!
    You really wouldn't care if Nyquist had another year in the ahl? I wanted him up last year. I hate this strategy of never giving rookies a chance honestly.

vCash
    You really wouldn't care if Nyquist had another year in the ahl? I wanted him up last year. I hate this strategy of never giving rookies a chance honestly.
    In reality, Gus is only missing a half season, and he's a huge part of a winning GR team that's gonna make a run in the playoffs right now. He's logging big time minutes there and it wouldn't be fair to him or the Griffs to pull him up to be benched every other game with DET. Next year will be his year. Obviously if someone gets hurt, he's gonna get pulled up too. And who knows if Bert even fulfills his 2 year contract, he might just call it quits after this season. There's a spot there for Gus soon. Mursak and Tatar too.

vCash
    The Wings come before the Griffins. He should be a regular on our top six this year. In past years you could argue that Nyquist or another prospect wouldn't be an improvement over our players in the top six. You can't say that this year.

vCash
    The Wings come before the Griffins. He should be a regular on our top six this year. In past years you could argue that Nyquist or another prospect wouldn't be an improvement over our players in the top six. You can't say that this year.
    Tatar really deserves a spot too. Wings dont come bf Griffs if you have a 2 way contract. Quite the opposite. He's a spot filler right now sad to say, even if his talent says otherwise.

Did you guys hear that Lids was offered a spot on D yesterday. He said no way jose. Indication there's concerns on the blue line?

vCash
    I love Holland but I'm really questioning his moves lately.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westhockeytown View Post
    Tatar really deserves a spot too. Wings dont come bf Griffs if you have a 2 way contract. Quite the opposite. He's a spot filler right now sad to say, even if his talent says otherwise.

Did you guys hear that Lids was offered a spot on D yesterday. He said no way jose. Indication there's concerns on the blue line?
    If the player can make an impact on the Wings and they believe so, he'll be on the Wings generally. Nyquist has nothing more to gain from playing in the AHL. He's ready for a top six role on the Wings if you ask me. I'm going to be livid if they keep him there for the rest of the year. I thought he should've been on the team last year...

vCash
    Gus can get a Calder cup with the Griffs. Not Stanley but close.

vCash
    Would you rather have a player competing for an AHL trophy or an NHL one? I'm not sure why you think he should be in the AHL so badly

vCash
    He can get top line minutes and more important minutes in the AHL then he will the NHL. He can grow in his leadership skills, and doesnt have a tremendous amount of pressure. Its a half season and he has already played half with that team. If we need a call up its him but otherwise I like him being the top guy down there better then getting fronge top 6 minutes here, because that is what would happen.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast