Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Look up the word "pogrom" then tell me about freedom and czar.This argument fails, when one looks at the actual history.
    Here is the question of the day, does anyone think that wealthy people should pay a lower percentage of their income to taxes than middle class people? Don't argue tax brackets, just a simple question. Do you think someone earning 46 million dollars should pay a lower percentage of their income than say someone earning sixty thousand?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jrice9 View Post
    You do realize the US army would still crush you even if your allowed to have your Mac-10.
    This is a great point that often gets overlooked.

Those who are worried about government taking away, or even putting stricter laws on their guns in reality should be more worried about the Patriot Act, NDAA, militarization of police, and drones beginning to be used for domestic policing.

3. 01-10-2013, 10:33 AM

4. 01-10-2013, 10:42 AM

5. 01-10-2013, 10:47 AM

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Schmooze View Post
    This is a great point that often gets overlooked.

Those who are worried about government taking away, or even putting stricter laws on their guns in reality should be more worried about the Patriot Act, NDAA, militarization of police, and drones beginning to be used for domestic policing.
    Whats wrong with drones being used for domestic policing?

Why is it different than a helicopter?

vCash
    Whats wrong with drones being used for domestic policing?

Why is it different than a helicopter?
    Depends how it's used. If it's for spying on US citizens(aka "protecting America from terrorists) then I'd have a serious problem with it. If it's used for ppolicing the same way helicopters are used now, I'd have no problem with it.

8. 01-10-2013, 10:55 AM

9. 01-10-2013, 11:05 AM

vCash
    You do realize the US army would still crush you even if your allowed to have your Mac-10.
    Do you even know how many veterans own personal assault rifles? You may want to talk to people who serve or have served in those jobs that would do the shooting, trust me they would turn on their govt. before hurting this country's citizens.

Maybe stephkyle would fit into your post but by his post I am pretty sure he had a desk job

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderfaninTX View Post
    Do you even know how many veterans own personal assault rifles? You may want to talk to people who serve or have served in those jobs that would do the shooting, trust me they would turn on their govt. before hurting this country's citizens.

Maybe stephkyle would fit into your post but by his post I am pretty sure he had a desk job
    Kent State ring any bells for you? Or are you too young?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AmsterNat View Post
    Kent State ring any bells for you? Or are you too young?s
    Oh yes I forgot 42 YEARS ago people were shot.

The problem is your logic is the equivalent of gun rights people saying well remember when every failing country ever disarmed their citizens

That argument works for both sides or no sides you can't choose

vCash
    I'd say it's a small minority of Americans that want guns taken completely away. There's a difference between saying someone shouldn't be allowed to own an assault rifle and saying that people shouldn't be allowed to own guns period, or saying that we need more laws controlling who can buy guns/what people need to do to buy guns.

vCash
    Why is it that the same people that want more money to go to the military are often the same ones who are so scared that they're going to turn on us and turn us all into slaves (or whatever it is they fear the government is going to do to us)?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymfan87 View Post
    I'd say it's a small minority of Americans that want guns taken completely away. There's a difference between saying someone shouldn't be allowed to own an assault rifle and saying that people shouldn't be allowed to own guns period, or saying that we need more laws controlling who can buy guns/what people need to do to buy guns.
    I am a democrat but I have a huge problem with Biden saying they are done with their gun meetings
    Never in the history of any such "committee" has any one of them, on any subject whatsoever, reached any type of workable solution in so short a time.

Both the time given to the matter, and Biden's blithe comments, show that the committee was window dressing... that whatever "decision" is announced was reached before Biden's rear end ever sat down at the head of the table. I hated the Republican Party for these types of things and now I hate my own party for it

No one sees a problem with the White House saying they can use executive orders to make laws that have such a huge impact? Is that not what dictators do? One man makes the rules and we follow, this **** is sounding like what a lot of conspiracy theorist preach about our govt.

I do know that executive orders cannot override the constitution or congressional authority, but it is weird to go out there and make that statement
    Last edited by raiderfaninTX; 01-10-2013 at 03:01 PM.

Baltimore now, but born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    vCash

Then why would we need mac-10's at all?

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flips333 View Post
    Then why would we need mac-10's at all?
    why not?

I see no problem with someone who is a law abiding citizen having any type of firearm they want.

Just because you do not understand a certain type of life style does not mean it is wrong.

That is the same type of logic conservatives use towards gays.

Most gun crimes are committed by illegally obtained fire arms anyways, so no new laws are going to stop them.

I am not even going to show statistics because every post on every news article that sites fbi statistics shows that there really is no assault rifle problem. Then posters ignore the stat and say well in Europe or well tell that to those 20 children's parents. It is always some emotional argument towards guns and not math that can be applied to this country.

People (Pierce Morgan) like to say well England has a ban on all weapons, well guess what it will be a cold day in hell before that happens in this country so why even start with an example that will never apply here.

There is more of a problem with the mac-10 than a rifle, the reason is that easy to hold/conceal with it's large magazines. I think the reasonable response is the magazine issue and then the gun show loophole. I do believe in background checks but see no reason of having a national registry for gun owners. Then move onto our abysmal mental health care system and our lack of responsible parents in this country.

For example: Up until 2 weeks ago I had a S&W XDM 40 sub compact now the safety is on the back of the grip.
    http://www.armslist.com/posts/488842...-40-subcompact

Well I noticed my son (4 y/o) likes to pretend to make guns with his hands and act like he shoots people. I assume he learned it from his cousins or school, I had to correct that behavior pretty quick. Also he was asking me what was in my gun safe and trying to open it. I figure he is to young to understand the damage a real gun could do so I sold it. I do not feel it is safe at his age and his lack of understanding having a gun in the house

I do feel though when the age is right and I deem him emotionally mature enough, I should be able to purchase any fire arm I want to teach him how to use it.

So because of some crazy spoiled young men a responsible person like myself should be punished.
    Last edited by raiderfaninTX; 01-10-2013 at 05:29 PM.

vCash
    Oh yes I forgot 42 YEARS ago people were shot.

The problem is your logic is the equivalent of gun rights people saying well remember when every failing country ever disarmed their citizens

That argument works for both sides or no sides you can't choose
    You said, "trust me they would turn on their govt. before hurting this country's citizens."

I gave an example, admittedly from long ago, but nevertheless a relevant example, of young men in US military uniforms shooting down and killing unarmed, young US students, thereby demonstrating how foolish your original statement was. Who's wrong here?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AmsterNat View Post
    You said, "trust me they would turn on their govt. before hurting this country's citizens."

I gave an example, admittedly from long ago, but nevertheless a relevant example, of young men in US military uniforms shooting down and killing unarmed, young US students, thereby demonstrating how foolish your original statement was. Who's wrong here?
    Some soldiers probably would shoot. I happen to believe most soldiers would disobey that order. People sign on to the military of for a variety of reasons. One of the biggest is to protect the freedom of America.

vCash
    why not?

I see no problem with someone who is a law abiding citizen having any type of firearm they want.

Just because you do not understand a certain type of life style does not mean it is wrong.

That is the same type of logic conservatives use towards gays.

Most gun crimes are committed by illegally obtained fire arms anyways, so no new laws are going to stop them.

So because of some crazy spoiled young men a responsible person like myself should be punished.
    While I applaud you for getting rid of your guns with a small child in the house, I have to say that I find your opinions above more than a little bizarre from someone who claims to be a Dem.

I understand that the love of GUNS, and the love of the associated great US GUN culture, cuts across all party lines, yet here you are trotting out standard right wing, NRA horseshit.

On the one hand, you object to executive orders, and suggest that whatever comes out of Biden's proposals will be meaningless (which suggests that you think he should be bringing 'more' to the table,) and on the other hand you think anyone should be allowed to have any kind of weapon they want?? Does. Not. Compute.

So, I don't understand southern racists, but that doesn't enable me to conclude that they're wrong? I don't understand the lifestyle of religious fundamentalist lunatics like the Westboros, but that doesn't make them wrong?

The fact that most criminals use 'illegal' weapons is absolutely zero kind of argument to do nothing about guns, it's a blatant gun nut, NRA kind of diversion, and the kind of thing that nobody who calls himself a Dem should be buying into. (imo)

You finally gave the game away with your last line - basically, you just really resent the possibility that any kind of new regulations or legislation might in some small way curtail your right to have any gun that you want. Part of the reason the country is so ****ed up about guns is that there are too many people who see it like you do. That state of mind, that outlook, will simply have to change if the country is ever going to move away from the currently prevailing national gun madness.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast