Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Christopher Nolan's Next?

In development for some time, the sci-fi tale Interstellar looks to have a found a new director in Christopher Nolan. The Hollywood Reporter brings word that Nolan is interested in developing the project, taking over the reins from the previously-attached Steven Spielberg.

Production on Interstellar would be a joint effort between Paramount Pictures and Warner Bros. and would see Nolan again tackling a screenplay from his brother, Jonathan Nolan (The Prestige, The Dark Knight Rises)

The plot is said to have been informed by a scientific theory by Kip S. Thorne, a Caltech physicist and expert on relativity. His theory suggests that wormholes exist and can be used for time travel.
    http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=98707

As a director, I think Nolan is a perfect fit for Interstellar. I just wish that somebody other than Jonathan Nolan works on the script is this goes into production. Jonathan seriously needs to work on his dialogue. It's the biggest weakness in Nolan films.

vCash
    I heard rumors he's going to do a Robin spin off w/ joseph gordon-levitt. Not sure how true this is though.
    Don't like me?

Go have a seat with the rest of the putas waiting for me to give a flying fk.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackWidow View Post
    I heard rumors he's going to do a Robin spin off w/ joseph gordon-levitt. Not sure how true this is though.
    As much as I really like TDK series, this sounds God-awful. Robin is just a ****** character.
    I'm In.

vCash
    isn't he part of superman next?
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    I think i heard that Nolan will be producing a film directed by Wally Fister soon. But this sounds pretty cool as well.

vCash
    some of the comments from the link are pretty funny, one guy wants Nolan to direct a Yugioh movie. That would be sweet lmao.

vCash
    I really hope not. Just leave that amazing trilogy as is.

vCash
    This is one hundred percent inaccurate. This rumor is based off nothing other than a desire of some fans wanting him to do that. He has never mentioned, suggested or even hinted at doing a Robin spin-off. They (he and his brother the writer) have both mentioned that Robin is not Robin, but an homage to the character. There's a huge difference there. Furthermore, Nolan has expressed no less than ten times that he is done with Batman, that he is done with DC Comics, and that he is done with the superhero genre in general. He will have no involvement with the Justice League, he will have no involvement with the next Batman movie, he will have no involvement with any proposed spin-offs of his series. He has said multiple dozens of times that his Batman story is ended and that he will not be revisiting it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    isn't he part of superman next?
    He gave the basic storyline pitch and he has a producing credit on it. That's it, and since the movie is in post-production, most of his responsibilities are over.

Quote Originally Posted by OptiMized View Post
    I think i heard that Nolan will be producing a film directed by Wally Fister soon. But this sounds pretty cool as well.
    Wally Pfister is directing Transcendence with Johnny Depp. Again, Nolan is a producer, which means that he could be on set a grand total of an hour or every day. Being a producer means very little as far as time obligations.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Iansnightout View Post
    As much as I really like TDK series, this sounds God-awful. Robin is just a ****** character.
    Robin kind of is. Now if it was a specific Robin like Jason Todd then it would be cool. If anything it should be Nightwing

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tongue-Splitter View Post
    This is one hundred percent inaccurate. This rumor is based off nothing other than a desire of some fans wanting him to do that. He has never mentioned, suggested or even hinted at doing a Robin spin-off. They (he and his brother the writer) have both mentioned that Robin is not Robin, but an homage to the character. There's a huge difference there. Furthermore, Nolan has expressed no less than ten times that he is done with Batman, that he is done with DC Comics, and that he is done with the superhero genre in general. He will have no involvement with the Justice League, he will have no involvement with the next Batman movie, he will have no involvement with any proposed spin-offs of his series. He has said multiple dozens of times that his Batman story is ended and that he will not be revisiting it.

He gave the basic storyline pitch and he has a producing credit on it. That's it, and since the movie is in post-production, most of his responsibilities are over.

Wally Pfister is directing Transcendence with Johnny Depp. Again, Nolan is a producer, which means that he could be on set a grand total of an hour or every day. Being a producer means very little as far as time obligations.
    Awesome thanks. Like I said I wasn't sure how true it was. And yeah I'm glad it's not true lol
    Don't like me?

Go have a seat with the rest of the putas waiting for me to give a flying fk.

vCash
    I heard he puts money under your pillow at night when you lose a tooth?
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    I thought he'd be the one to do Ender's Game

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by doyerfan59 View Post
    I thought he'd be the one to do Ender's Game
    Words cannot describe how ******* awesome that would be!!!

I had heard that Nolan wanted to do a biopic piece on Howard Hughes but he pushed it back because he felt it would be too close to the Aviator.

I hope he doesn't do that because him doing a biographical movie when there's potential for a Sci-Fi or action movie would be a travesty.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmsterNat View Post
    How unsurprising. Dude, give up trying to argue with valade. He cut you into little pieces, had you for breakfast, and shat you out.
    Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    Valade you have totally owned this thread. Well done
    My fanbase is growing.

vCash
    I want Nolan to do another solo project not associated with a franchise/superhero.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fly View Post
    I want Nolan to do another solo project not associated with a franchise/superhero.
    He's planning on re-writing the script into something more original of his own. That's promising.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Words cannot describe how ******* awesome that would be!!!

I had heard that Nolan wanted to do a biopic piece on Howard Hughes but he pushed it back because he felt it would be too close to the Aviator.

I hope he doesn't do that because him doing a biographical movie when there's potential for a Sci-Fi or action movie would be a travesty.
    His Howard Hughes biopic is pretty much dead in the water. He's said that Bruce Wayne's reclusive behavior in The Dark Knight Rises quenched his thirst, so to speak, of making the biopic. It's a shame, really, because it could have been awesome.