Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: What do you guys think about Earl Clarks performance?

Voters
84. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lakers Savior

43 51.19%
  • Trade Bait

19 22.62%
  • Fluke

22 26.19%
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Earl Clark

vCash
    [Excerpted from a separate post.]

Let's not all forget too quickly exactly who it was that brought Earl Clark to the attention of the Lakers:

When Gasol had to leave the game with a bloody nose, Karl chose seldom-used Earl Clark off the Lakers' bench to shoot Gasol's free throws with 1:05 to play. Clark coolly made both shots to trim the Nuggets' lead to 105-99, kick-starting the Lakers' late comeback attempt.

http://espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=400278223
    It would be really sweet if Clark played a part in a victory over Denver. And maybe accidentally bounced a ball off Karl's noggin in the process.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellcrooner View Post
    There hasnt been a point on having him over bench depth since the beggining of the 11-12 season.

But there are two problems.

We have to make sure two things.

1 that we dont get salarys that surpass 2014.

2 that we dont put him in a situation where he can **** us back ( Chi, Ny, Okc, Spurs, Mavsmaybe even G.S or Wolv)
    When I look at Pau right now I kind'a see an aging Kareem when he was on the same downward trajectory. And one of the things the Lakers did during those years was to look for early offense on the break, but if they didn't find it they'd then wait a few seconds for Cap to come down the court and post up.

Some of those years I think the Lakers may have scored half of their points without Kareem even crossing the half-court line, which was fine. He didn't have the speed or the wind for that kind of game, and since he never transitioned to offense he was always back on defense if things didn't work out on that particular play.

I can easily see Pau being used like that in a one-two rotation at the 5 with D12. I'm not saying Pau starts or doesn't start or anything else -- just that Pau could give us useful minutes in the post without being asked to be a freaking gazelle. And if those minutes came against the other team's back-up center, he might be all that much more effective.

vCash
    Well it isn't going to happen anyway...

Dave McMenamin ‏@mcten

Will the Lakers have Earl Clark continue to start and bring Pau off the bench when he's healthy? D'Antoni: "No. That's ... No."

vCash
    Earl Clark has been balling on some *****es. really though, he has played with some passion and heart. good defense and has moved well with out the ball on offense.

vCash
    He's a L'Ville boy! They just grabbed the #1 spot in the country and beat UConn today!!!!!

vCash

vCash
    Love what I'm seeing out of this kid. But can he do it consistently? Jodie Meeks looked like Ray Allen for a couple of games.

Wiggins-Mobile

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellcrooner View Post
    cause pau plays on confidence.

All went to **** when JImbaco forced bynum over him as second option.YOu put him in the bench and you destroy him for good.
    Bynum's in Philly and it's STILL his fault!!!!!!!

vCash
    I think starting Clark at the PF might do well for the team. Have Pau come off the bench.... The Laker starting line-up needs some youth.... Also lets see if we can find a young effective PG and move Nash to the bench as well..... Ya we will have the highest bench payroll ever...LOL.... But we might have a bench that can maintain leads

I think Nash is still the soft spot on the starting 5...... Moving Pau on the second unit will eliminate two soft spots with the starting 5
    http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss17/duanevalle/1950Rams2.jpg

vCash
    Difference is that when shooters are hot they're hot, and when they're not they're not. I don't see Earl Clark doing anything that he can't continue to do for the rest of the season

vCash
    Dave McMenamin on Ten Things To Know About Earl Clark:

http://espn.go.com/blog/los-angeles/...out-earl-clark

I think he ripped the first item off from one of my PSD posts. Weasel.

Here's the one that gets my freak on:

4. He can guard all five positions on defense

"It also gives us a guy that’s extremely versatile," D'Antoni said of Clark's emergence. "He can guard all from 2s to 3s, actually 1s to 3s to 4s and can even switch to a 5. He’s been doing a terrific job and he’s got to keep it that way. I know it’s only four games, but that’s better than no games. We’re extremely happy with where he is right now and hopefully he will keep progressing. His energy and his length on defense, his body is just alive, and it’s given us a good jolt."

vCash
    ^EZ.................I like it!

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910