Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Eagles interview Brian Kelly

The Philadelphia Eagles have interviewed Notre Dame's Brian Kelly for their coaching vacancy, league sources told ESPN.

Kelly met with the Eagles on Tuesday, and there was mutual interest after the interview, according to league sources. Kelly left the country after meeting with the Eagles and could not be reached for comment.

The Eagles and Kelly have agreed to revisit talks when he returns this weekend, according to league sources.

Kelly coached the Fighting Irish to a 12-0 regular season and an appearance in the Discover BCS National Championship. Playing for its first national title since 1988, Notre Dame was routed by Alabama, 42-14, on Monday night.

Philadelphia has been seeking a replacement for longtime coach Andy Reid, who was fired one day after the Eagles completed a disappointing 4-12 season.

Kelly denied having any interest in an NFL coaching job this past Saturday, claiming that leaving Notre Dame "is not an option. I don't even think about it."

The 51-year-old Kelly has steadily climbed the coaching ladder, from Division II Grand Valley State to Central Michigan to Cincinnati to Notre Dame, winning big at every stop along the way.

Kelly has a 28-11 record in three seasons with the Fighting Irish.

"I think from my perspective I've got the best job in the country, NFL, college, high school, whatever," Kelly said Saturday. "I just look at the place that I'm at and thankful for the opportunity that I have."
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/88...acancy-sources
    Last edited by chicagocubsfan; 01-09-2013 at 09:49 PM.

vCash
    lol

Redemption

vCash
    Its funny how these college coaches get angry when the question about them becoming a NFL coach arises only for them to interview for a NFL gig shortly thereafter anyway.

Then they wonder why no one believes them when they say IE "My heart is with this college" or "I have no intentions on jumping ship"

Its all ********.
    Last edited by metswon69; 01-09-2013 at 09:57 PM.

vCash
    stay at ND kelly
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    No thanks.
    To some, he was just a boy. A boy who played football, a football player that grew to be a man. A man that took over a city, a city that he made his own, a city that stands behind him in hopes of becoming one of that cities all-time greats. To some, 2013 was a fluke. To some, he can't do it again. To some, he got lucky.

To us though, to the Philly faithful, that QB is Nick Foles. To us, that's our QB.

vCash
    PLease stay at ND...why the **** won't we interview Gruden?!!! The good one..

“Too many people go through life complaining about their problems. I've always believed that if you took one tenth of the energy you put into complaining and applied it to solving the problem, you'd be surprised by how well things can work out.”
    ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripe power View Post
    stay at ND kelly
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/mi...ney-from-irish

I agree with this op-ed piece that its only a bargaining chip for an extension and raise from ND.
    French writer Alexis de Tocqueville warned about when visiting this fledgling democracy in the early 19th century – that this "American republic will endure until politicians realize they can bribe the people with their own money."

vCash
    Lmaooooo I hope he's hired
    and with the 12th pick, The New York Football Giants select ......Odell Beckham Jr, Wide Reciever from Louisana State University

vCash
    We need an NFL guy!!!...ive got no faith in lurie and roseman what so ever...it hurts my heart to think about what has happened to my birds.

vCash
    Please god no. Lovie, Bradley, McCoy... any of those I'd be perfectly happy with. Not Brian effing Kelly.

vCash
    But he has the best job in the country? LOL

vCash
    He's just looking to get more money from ND, that's all.

vCash
    theres one thing kelly has that the other candidates don't..head coaching experience, besides lovie, but you know if you think of it yeah these cordinators have nfl experience but they don't have the experience in running the whole team unlike kelly does

vCash
    this is pretty funny the second college coach to use the eagles for a raise this off season

vCash
    If he leaves ND, i may cry ....
    The Quest For Lombardi
    Bringin' It Back Home

Where It All Began

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast