Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Raptors' Ed Davis up to coach's challenge

ďEdís been taking advantage of an opportunity but I met with him (on the off-day Monday) and I challenged him. I didnít think he brought it against Oklahoma City. I thought he could have brought it more, competed harder, banged harder, got to the boards harder. A lot of things. His screens, taking some of the shots he had,Ē Casey said.

Having spent as much time with Davis as he did in the off-season, Casey knows exactly how best to push Davisí buttons. Earlier this season he issued a similar challenge to Davis and like this time, shared it publicly.

Davis responded with the kind of basketball Casey knew he was capable of playing.
    ďItís not going to really affect me either way,Ē Davis said. ďYou and I both know that íDrea is the franchise player on this team. Whatever role I am in, Iím just going to take advantage of it. Iím not going to complain either way. Just go about it so whatever that might be when he comes back whether itís coming off the bench or starting, itís going to be cool. I just want to help the team win.Ē
    http://www.torontosun.com/2013/01/08...achs-challenge

vCash
    Andrea's not the franchise anymore. That spot is up for grabs. I wanna see Davis try to compete to become the franchise player.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ:25036774
    Andrea's not the franchise anymore. That spot is up for grabs. I wanna see Davis try to compete to become the franchise player.
    This.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    I agree.

I like his humility though. The only swagger I want to see is in his drive to improve and claim the spot.

vCash
    love his answer. he could have easily sturred the pot here and instead is showing that he is a team player and puts the team first.

even if he feels he deserves the starting spot he is being realistic about the situation and either way he will give us his best and thats all we can ask of the kid.

vCash
    Here's a question...

It's Oct. 31 and we have an extension deadline looming for Eddy. Let's just say he remains consistent the rest of this year and averages around 10/10 by years end.

Taking his first 3 years in the league into consideration, what do you think he's worth?

vCash

vCash
    I'm still not sold. He looks lost on offense unless he's running a pick and roll and can't defend the low post. Great rebounder and help defender though. Needs to develop a right hand because right now he might as well tie it behind his back. Never seen him use it. Would like it if he was packaged with Calderon in a deal for gay.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GodsSon View Post
    Here's a question...

It's Oct. 31 and we have an extension deadline looming for Eddy. Let's just say he remains consistent the rest of this year and averages around 10/10 by years end.

Taking his first 3 years in the league into consideration, what do you think he's worth?
    3 year 15 mil

vCash
    Here's a question...

prob gets a 4 year 6-8 mil... All depends but if he keeps improving like he is expecially with his new confidence, he should be worth this

vCash
    just stop with this francaise player thing. unless you're lebron or durant, you\re not a francaise player.
    Try staring at this picture for more than a minute without getting a headache

vCash
    Here's a question...

4 years 30-32mil front-loaded contract. 10.5+7+6.5+6 = 30

Quote Originally Posted by FriedTofuz View Post
    just stop with this francaise player thing. unless you're lebron or durant, you\re not a francaise player.
    & this.
    Raptors Franchise Checklist:
    Rebuild with young players [x]
    Build contending team [ ]
    Host NBA All-Star Weekend [ ]
    Win Championship [ ]

vCash

vCash
    ed's quote on bargnani is epic on this one. Right now, he's contributing in every category better than Bargs has all season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Raptor17 View Post
    prob gets a 4 year 6-8 mil... All depends but if he keeps improving like he is expecially with his new confidence, he should be worth this
    He'll get a bigger contract than Amir on a per year basis but lesser than Derozan.

So $8 million a year.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast